Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 23, 2014, 12:26:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Derby prep winners in the Risen Star and Fountain of Youth  (Read 603 times)
journalstuff

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:59:40 PM »

Do you see winners I've Struck A Nerve and Orb moving forward and being good Kentucky Derby contenders.
Report to moderator   Logged
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:31:55 AM »

yes i did see the races..

and i imagine as did you..

but the difference between you and I is this..

i am a fan of the game,
you just type here to pass the time and gossip about like the people your age tweeting your every thought, which kinda prohibits your opportunity to do other things besides doing something as twittering about.

anyways I sway off topic..

what have you done since you saw the races..
have you gone to chef de race to check the heritage of the winners amd loosers or do you intend to ?
are they from a raise a native dam sire ?
is it an MDO pulpit dynaformer AP indy  street cry colt ? who are the sires of these animals and the dams, are they brothers or half brothers of any derby winners, any classic winners, and BC race winners. do they have the heritage/dosage to continue on to 9f 10f , our was orb winning a freak event..?

what about the son of MDO, undefeated going into the race  runnig 108 and change being caught at the wire..

does the early derby fav, son of MDO, have a distance issue,
he is going to HAVE to run 108 on 5-4-2013 to win the roses..

so let me ask you jstuff

did you see the race and want to type about its results and what they mean ..

or did you want to tweet about it with the hollow intentions of appearing to know something or wanting to know something about the game ?

Certified Derbytologist
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:59:20 AM »

ORB

USA) b. C, 2010 DP = 11-12-15-0-2 (40) DI = 3.21   CD = 0.75 - 6 Starts, 3 Wins, 0 Places, 1 Shows Career Earnings: $321,050 

Owner: Stuart S. Janney III & Phipps Stable
    Breeder: Stuart S. Janney III LLC & Phipps Stable
State Bred: KY
  Winnings: 6 Starts: 3 - 0 - 1, $321,050

At 3: Won Fountain of Youth S. (G2,GP,8.5F)

Foaled February 24, 2010.
Updated 23Feb13

ORB turns Three tomorrow
he has tremendous pedigree and has a raise a native dams sire issue.
can he win the derby ?

i always thought of malibu moon , even though by AP indy, as more of a miler, as i recall as a man who watches and remembers to wager, and not so much as educated in breeding.
 anyways he has 50 points and as a result of this win a probable derby gate spot.

Certified Derbytologist
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 01:01:12 AM »

what do you have to type about ive struck a nerve jstuff

note to journal stuff,
 pick a shorter screen name..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:03:36 AM by Secretariat » Report to moderator   Logged

Certified Derbytologist
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 08:22:46 AM »

The Risen Star field wasn't much, even aside from the race having gone to a crazy long shot.  Code West looks like the horse with the best future, but he doesn't look like a Derby horse.  If you compare some of the common races in the PPs of the two fields, it's clear the FOY was much stronger.  In the FOY, I thought the first two both looked pretty solid.  Violence was too close and moved too early behind a red hot pace.  Orb is obviously improving fast and definitely has the right connections.  Majestic Hussar looks like he might be a pretty good sprinter/miler--he's definitely fast.

And why don't you quit crapping on JS for simply raising perfectly good discussion topics?  it's tacky and tiresome.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »

Just my thoughts - I was not impressed by either prep race at all.
Horse809

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 09:52:27 AM »

I see Orb going forward along with Violence.  I struck A Nerve, well he already has enough points to get in the gate. If he goes on, he will be the longest shot in the race.
jgp

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »

I havent had a chance to look at the fractions, but in the FOY all the horses, with the exception of orb, looked like they hit a wall coming around the final turn.  Didn't think it was a very good race.
Horse809

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 10:39:19 AM »

I havent had a chance to look at the fractions, but in the FOY all the horses, with the exception of orb, looked like they hit a wall coming around the final turn.  Didn't think it was a very good race.
23  45.2  108.4  135.2  142.1
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 11:13:16 AM »

Next time Orb doesn't get the 6lb break and maybe violence doesn't sit on a fast pace.   Orb was getting the Vegas play and the ml was high because people mistakenly thought Rosario jumped off.  Rosario and his agent were told Orb wasn't racing and looked for other mounts. 
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 11:26:44 AM »

And why don't you quit crapping on JS for simply raising perfectly good discussion topics?  it's tacky and tiresome.

i appreciate your insight and perspective you share with regard to the colts and thier positions in the go round.

however, my direct postings to another, have little to do with you, and feel your comments are out of place . i'll post what pleases me, and let J9 remove , as she usually does, things are contrary to the leftist liberal reality. put me on ignore and let jstuff pony up his own character

Certified Derbytologist
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 01:53:25 PM »

Do you see winners I've Struck A Nerve and Orb moving forward and being good Kentucky Derby contenders.
I've struck a nerve is off the Derby trail
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: