Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 01, 2014, 09:05:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is a CD "competing track"  (Read 663 times)
NYRA 792

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2013, 12:09:32 PM »

http://www.drf.com/news/gulfstream-calder-brace-possible-dates-overlap

Calder, in accordance with the policy at all Churchill tracks, does not allow a horse back on its grounds if a trainer runs at a competing track during its live meet.

I understand that GP would be a competing track with CRC. What is considered a competing track with AP?
PRM, CBY? If someone ships a horse to  run at PRM the horse loses it's stall?
Report to moderator   Logged
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 12:11:54 PM »

Calder, in accordance with the policy at all Churchill tracks, does not allow a horse back on its grounds if a trainer runs at a competing track during its live meet.

I understand that GP would be a competing track with CRC. What is considered a competing track with AP?

If that's the case they will have a lot of empty stalls. Particularly with Canterbury's new purse structure.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:53:11 PM »

If that's the case they will have a lot of empty stalls. Particularly with Canterbury's new purse structure.

It isn't as much as the purse structure as it is what you would be facing up there compared to here.

I am guessing that Jamie Ness is gonna overhaul that place like he normally does when he goes to a newly slot funded area.

Competing tracks for Arlington would be, in no order, Indiana Downs, Hoosier Downs, Prairie Meadows, Cantebury, Churchill Downs

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:54:43 PM by Scav » Report to moderator   Logged
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »

How long of a ship is it to Canterbury or Prairie Meadows from Arlington?
bnlong

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »

I believe it would be ANY track running simultaneously and it may be if they offer same conditions?
wouldn't think you would be penalized shipping for a stake unless similar offered at AP But ya never know.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 02:22:31 PM »

How long of a ship is it to Canterbury or Prairie Meadows from Arlington?

By car Canterbury is 7-8 hrs, PrM 6-7 hrs.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 02:24:25 PM »

See: This year's stall apps controversy. ANY track anywhere, if the horse was stabled at AP, and leaves to run in a condition AP offers.

NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 03:56:02 PM »

I never realized it was an official CD policy
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 03:59:19 PM »

See: This year's stall apps controversy. ANY track anywhere, if the horse was stabled at AP, and leaves to run in a condition AP offers.

Even CD?
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 04:04:46 PM »

Did I miss something?  We have moved from AP MAY charge for stalls if a horse doesn't run at AP to them being banned?  Is this a new development? 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »

Did I miss something?  We have moved from AP MAY charge for stalls if a horse doesn't run at AP to them being banned?  Is this a new development?  

I imagine that all depends on how you interpret "Calder, in accordance with the policy at all Churchill tracks, does not allow a horse back on its grounds if a trainer runs at a competing track during its live meet", which wasn't really a quote from anyone but a sentence in the DRF story above.

beobob

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 05:05:54 PM »

I read the article and saw the quote.  I can understand the necessity of such a policy at Calder with GP less than 30 minutes away if they were to have overlapping racing dates.  Since the article states that this is corporate policy, has AP ever refused to allow a horse that ran at another track back to its stall?
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 09:33:25 PM »

I read the article and saw the quote.  I can understand the necessity of such a policy at Calder with GP less than 30 minutes away if they were to have overlapping racing dates.  Since the article states that this is corporate policy, has AP ever refused to allow a horse that ran at another track back to its stall?

Ah, we are moving from the hearsay stage to the facts stage.  I would like to hear the answer to this also.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:51 PM »

I don't know. I'll let one of our backside experts answer that one.

But if they haven't, then a) the policy is brand new, b) it's not universally enforced, or c) the DRF writer was just wrong or misinformed.

Dr. Mel

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 07:22:35 AM »

It isn't as much as the purse structure as it is what you would be facing up there compared to here.

I am guessing that Jamie Ness is gonna overhaul that place like he normally does when he goes to a newly slot funded area.

Competing tracks for Arlington would be, in no order, Indiana Downs, Hoosier Downs, Prairie Meadows, Cantebury, Churchill Downs

Hoosier Park is no longer a TB track as of last week. Hoosier will be all Standardbreds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: