Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 11:51:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The NEW Meadowlands 2/23/13 Big Fun !  (Read 702 times)
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2013, 07:10:00 AM »

Good Luck Friends !!!

Thanks Ken !

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Posted by Ken Warkentin on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:24 PM

Race 1

2-Eres Tu – won his debut with a methodic, first over grind at Yonkers for top connections & draws well in a soft opener

6-Arc De Triumph – added Tetrick, went the aggressive route & couldn’t quite hold on, dangerous again, but dogged by the 1 for 18 record

4-Always There – debuted running into the impressive Resistance Futile in the fastest Junior Trendsetter division, logically figures to improve off that experience

Race 2

5-Golden Receiver – has missed a month since scorching through a four-for-four January, races well fresh, reportedly has been raring to go & seems to be too classy for these

6-Abelard Hanover – bounced back from a sick scratch with two straight blowouts on the engine, might have the edge in fitness, but tests his class against the top gun

1-Transcending – posted a 1:48.2 track record at Pocono last season, visually superior in his second start back last week, 9yo deserves a shot at The Golden One

Race 3

1-Sequin Hanover – her first leg romp in 1:53 from post 10 is enough to beat these, wiped out by a breaker last week when she had the second tier

7-Volare De Vie – didn’t make the Super Final, but has emerged as a major player in this series for Henrik Lundell, fresh off an emphatic career best from post 10

2-No Less Than Magic – his upset rally off a rated pace was rock solid, rewarded with the rail from where he can work out an ideal stalking trip

Race 4

3-Bubbie Boy – raced well at Yonkers recently, caught in shuffle in his last start here, lands in an ideal spot for the productive Siegelman barn

4-Forensic Z Tam – returns to the scene of a mild upset at the C-2 level off two dull miles at Yonkers, 9yo millionaire draws well in a soft field

1-Cyclone Artist – has been toiling against saltier nonwinners of 3 company, keeps Dave Miller & has a big chance to stalk & take advantage of the added sixteenth

Race 5

3-Mortal Zin – continues his descent down the class ladder, while showing noteworthy final quarters & draws favorably for Tony Alagna

4-Odin Blue Chip – team Allard claim has come around in his last two on Lasix, charging late in a sharp :27.2 to just miss & now protected in a B-2 classified event

5-Arezzo Hanover – 9yo bounced back with a sizzling 1:52.3 qualifier for a dangerous barn & could be the one to reel in

Race 6

2-Yo Cheyenne Rocky – fresh from his 1:51 romp in round one he was dead game to the wire last week despite a tough trip & lands the pole in ultra competive final

4-Holdingallthecards – undefeated six-for-six at the Big M, he kicked home off live cover to another nose decision & draws a perfect inside post

8-Lindwood Player – has very little wrong in this series, storming home for a first leg shocker in :26.2, then just missed from an impossible spot, prime closing longshot

Race 7

5-Western Tsunami – you’ve got to love this steady 10yo warrior, who kicked home in :26 and change again as a victim of a slow start  chasing a well rated Trancending

2-Perrito Caliente – has come close to going three-for-three here, merits the step up to A-2 off a game grind & draws inside for Burke

4-Lettucerocku A – ships across the Hudson after winning three of four at Yonkers with versatility & controlling speed, seems to fit well at this level

Race 8

3-Bolero Andrew – has won twice this meet in convincing fashion, makes his second start off a sick scratch & finds a weaker B-1 group

6-Ideal Matters – has gradually regained his form on the comeback trail, beaten favorite grinded to the top & lost a heartbreaker

5-Line Officer – caught out of position though a soft first half at Yonkers last time, seems suitably classified here & lands in a camera shy field

Race 9

4-Johnny Z – dropped to this B-2 level & just missed from post 7 with sharp pace at both ends, obviously a big threat off that line

2-Camart Hanover – fought off pressure & held on gamely to repeat at a generous price for Joe Bongiorno, can handle another hike to B-2 from with another inside draw

9-Arsenal – fresh off a wire-to-wire win at Yonkers for Team Burke, continues to gather more steam on the comeback trail & likely looks to fire out

Race 10

4-Mysterious Moment – has shown subtle signs of coming around from tougher posts, stronger finish last week, looms as a nice price play

7-I Do Hanover – forced into a wide rally & his :27.1 wasn’t quite enough, remains a live time for a high percentage barn & the added sixteenth helps

3-Picture Me – set the pace & folded tent last time, yet that’s not his style, drop from the B-2 level & improved post is too much to ignore

Race 11

7-Boiler Bob The QB – tough to ignore his gutsy grind to score in the first leg, came right back off a fast pace last week, clearly a new horse in the Burke Barn

1-Oil Magnet – a perfect six-for-six for team Burke, overpowering in three starts here, heads an entry that simply may be too much

5-Get It Now – sharp John *** claim converted a perfect trip in round one, then almost went all the way, his back class is resurfacing at the right time

Race 12

2-Silver Eagle – dropped to this B-1 level & rocketed home in :54.1 & :26.4 from a tough spot, moves inside & owns a win against A-2 foes

1-Trendspotter – added Lasix & lost all chance from post 9, was repeatedly knocking on the door against these & can now flaunt his speed from the pole

9-Bakin On The Beach – launched a wide rally & just missed to the razor sharp Perrito Caliente, takes another shot at this reduced B-1 classification

Race 13

1-Wit And Wisdom – after two close seconds to Carmens Best he ran into superior Winter Survivor foes, now lands the pole & reunited with Tetrick

3-In Mint Condition – dropped to this $15,000 rung & rang up an easy win with an explosive :27.2, parked & retreated last time & draws well to regroup

5-Willie Boots – exits the more serious Winter Survivor competition after getting parked through a fast pace, third start under Mark Harder with a chance to get untracked
Report to moderator   Logged

Bet with Integrity .....Bet with Gural !
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 08:04:07 AM »

That is NOT the ice cold exacta in the second race.  sneaky
burton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »

Got to do better than last nights pick.
The false favorite I tried to beat Quick Deal was thereal deal.

Going for it all tonight.

All my action is later in the card.

Race 7 - Western Tsumani was taken back last week and had no chance when the middle fractions slowed up.
Tonihgt he'll be forwardly placed and he is sharp.
5W1/9/4
Pick Four (1/5/9-5/6-1/4-1/3/11)

Race 8 - Line Officer has been racing much better at Yonkers. Has won here before and gets the underrated Tyler Buter in the bike. 5W6/9/2

Race 9 - JohnnyZ has speed at both ends of the mile. Should be right there turning for home. Not a very tough group to beat.9W1/7/8

Race 11 - a nice final for these claimers.
Oil Magnet is getting all the attention but I'm going with Boiler Bob theQB. He showed a great clsoing kick here a few years ago and it looks like Burke has the horse going that way again. If there's a quick pace, look for him at the end at a ok price. 7W1/2/5
Late Double (7-2)

Race 12 - I like Silver Eagle. He had a couple strong starts in a higher class at the beginning of the meet and then tailed off for a few. Last week he showed some life and is in with lesser horse than he beat ealier in the meet. The lasix must be helping as well.
2W1/4/9

Good luck to all!!!
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »

Race 7 - Western Tsumani was taken back last week and had no chance when the middle fractions slowed up.
5W1/9/4

Race 8 - Line Officer has been racing much better at Yonkers. Has won here before and gets the underrated Tyler Buter in the bike. 5W6/9/2

Race 9 - JohnnyZ has speed at both ends of the mile. Should be right there turning for home. Not a very tough group to beat.9W1/7/8

Oil Magnet is getting all the attention but I'm going with Boiler Bob theQB. He showed a great clsoing kick here a few years ago and it looks like Burke has the horse going that way again. If there's a quick pace, look for him at the end at a ok price. 7W1/2/5
Late Double (7-2)

Race 12 - I like Silver Eagle. He had a couple strong starts in a higher class at the beginning of the meet and then tailed off for a few. Last week he showed some life and is in with lesser horse than he beat ealier in the meet. The lasix must be helping as well.
2W1/4/9

Good luck to all!!!

Just finished looking at the 7th race and I agree with you on Western Tsunami.  Musselsfrombrussels is the horse to beat, not Perrito Caliente.

On to the 8th race.  horse shoe
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 04:54:41 PM »

Driving rain in NY; Aqueduct muddy. 

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
cliffyy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 05:27:46 PM »

thumbs up   RACE 10   #7  I DO HANOVER  8-1   thumbs up
Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 05:55:05 PM »

5W1/9/4

Late Double (7-2)

2W1/4/9

Good luck to all!!!

Good luck cashing that double.....there's a 13th race!
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 09:41:28 AM »

Guys... more or less traditional handicapping notions don't seem to work particularly well at the Meads, save perhaps in the very low NW races and in the very chalky features.

Just sayin'.

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: