Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 11:03:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warrawee Needy In To Qualify At M1  (Read 1645 times)
Slim Russ

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2013, 01:04:01 PM »

Warrawee Needy is in to qualify for Mark Ford tomorrow at M1. Mark MacDonald drives. The last time we saw Needy he finished second as the 3/5 favorite from the rail in the 300K OSS Super Final at Mohawk. Michaels Power, who went a little sour down the stretch, won at 5/1.

Needy was expected to be a top colt last season but he was a big disappointment. He won four times and earned just under 300K. He still hasnít won a single open stakes race.

Last year JJóthe real JJóqualified him in :49.2 in early May at Mohawk. It was the fastest qualifier ever in Canada. The year before, in Needyís first lifetime start, JJ won with him in :53.1, last quarter in 25.2, when he didnít have to go nearly that fast. Maybe MacDonald will show a little early season restraint.

Last year JJ did quite a bit of early talking about how he had the best colt in the division, but after that fast second in his Cup elimination there wasnít much to brag about, unless you value winning fast miles against preferred pacers. Letís hope he becomes a force in a thin FFA division.
Report to moderator   Logged
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 01:07:33 PM »

Warrawee Needy is in to qualify for Mark Ford tomorrow at M1. Mark MacDonald drives. The last time we saw Needy he finished second as the 3/5 favorite from the rail in the 300K OSS Super Final at Mohawk. Michaels Power, who went a little sour down the stretch, won at 5/1.

Needy was expected to be a top colt last season but he was a big disappointment. He won four times and earned just under 300K. He still hasnít won a single open stakes race.

Last year JJóthe real JJóqualified him in :49.2 in early May at Mohawk. It was the fastest qualifier ever in Canada. The year before, in Needyís first lifetime start, JJ won with him in :53.1, last quarter in 25.2, when he didnít have to go nearly that fast. Maybe MacDonald will show a little early season restraint.

Last year JJ did quite a bit of early talking about how he had the best colt in the division, but after that fast second in his Cup elimination there wasnít much to brag about, unless you value winning fast miles against preferred pacers. Letís hope he becomes a force in a thin FFA division.

I never liked this horse after those torrid miles early and the Grand River fiasco.   Don't put words in my mouth.

I actually would be surprised if this horse is able to step up @ 4.   I think they wrecked him and I will be betting against until he shows me otherwise. 
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 01:14:45 PM »

I never liked this horse after those torrid miles early and the Grand River fiasco.   Don't put words in my mouth.

I actually would be surprised if this horse is able to step up @ 4.   I think they wrecked him and I will be betting against until he shows me otherwise. 

The JJ who said he was the best colt in the division was Jody Jamieson, not you, fool.

As I recall, you said he couldn't beat 4K claimers. Didn't you make that claim last season? Yes, now it all comes back to me. It was you.

He did win in :48.4 at Mohawk after you said that. Not bad for a four claimer.
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 01:35:08 PM »

The JJ who said he was the best colt in the division was Jody Jamieson, not you, fool.

As I recall, you said he couldn't beat 4K claimers. Didn't you make that claim last season? Yes, now it all comes back to me. It was you.

Jj good people.
4k claimer, yes exaggerated to make the point he was cooked.
We agree that they went to fast and talked to much right?
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 01:42:02 PM »

Jj good people.
4k claimer, yes exaggerated to make the point he was cooked.
We agree that they went to fast and talked to much right?

Cooked horses don't go in 48.4.

Wrong again.

You have a lot to learn about harness racing.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:44:30 PM by Sea Biscuit » Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 01:47:19 PM »

I remember that.
We knew nothing about horses etc; blah, blah ,blah..
Then the horse went out and set a new life mark two weeks in a row.
Looking forward to him getting back on the track.
Thanks for keeping us posted SR!
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »

Cooked horses don't go in 48.4.

Wrong again.

You have a lot to learn about harness racing.

TIME MEANS JACK IN THIS SPORT.
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 03:30:49 PM »

WIL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW HE COMES BACK
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 04:21:30 PM »

Does anyone know how much he sold for ?
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 04:58:17 PM »

Dn't think he did.  Ford said some weeks ago that Carl Jamieson might give him the horse to train.

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »

This is the best thing that ever happened to Needy.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »

Dn't think he did.  Ford said some weeks ago that Carl Jamieson might give him the horse to train.

Thanks. I don't think the horse will reach its peak with Mark Ford training and Mark MacDonald driving.
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »

Jamieson has been a disaster with this horse. Last year he won three conditioned races and one Gold Final that Michaels Power skipped. The change can only help.
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »

FORD IS NO BARGAIN
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 08:06:11 PM »

Nor is Dooby, if he comes back.  He is traditionally Ford's driver of choice.  Is he really going to improve on Jamieson, or will Jamieson come down to NJ to drive the horse in overnights?

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 08:14:26 PM »

DONT THINK JJ WILL BE COMING SOUTH
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »

I don't either. 

--Winston Churchill
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 09:29:18 PM »

DONT THINK JJ WILL BE COMING SOUTH

New Yorkers are tough .
dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 08:07:33 AM »

Not sure how much giving him to a 6% trainer is going to help him
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 09:07:09 AM »

I tend to agree.  Ford has done well with Silent Swing, but he hasn't had too many other like that of late.  Jamieson raced the horse hard, but, hey, IT'S JAMIESON, it's take-no-prisoners from the git-go.  Why would Ford be an improvement?   

--Winston Churchill
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »

For one thing, thereís a basic geographical advantage to Needy being with Ford. None of Needyís 28 lifetime starts have been made outside of Canada. Right now the Northeast presents many more lucrative opportunities for an aged pacer than Ontario does.
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 09:43:41 AM »

When Carl Jamieson took Needy on the trip from hell in the Battle of Waterloo at Grand River in August 2011 some of the best drivers in Canada were on the grounds for the Battle of Belles and the rest of that high-end program. Several of them had no drive in Needyís race but Carl chose Carl to replace Jody. I donít think heís the type to sift through the roster of available trainers and choose one purely on the basis of performance. The selection process is more quirky than that.
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 09:47:02 AM »

For one thing, thereís a basic geographical advantage to Needy being with Ford. None of Needyís 28 lifetime starts have been made outside of Canada. Right now the Northeast presents many more lucrative opportunities for an aged pacer than Ontario does.

But unless you're the owner, what would this matter to you? 

Upfront question: do you actually bet the ponies?

--Winston Churchill
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »

But unless you're the owner, what would this matter to you? 

Upfront question: do you actually bet the ponies?

What would it matter to anyone who posts here where how or when a given horse races? Thatís kinda what we do on a board like this.

I bet these races but I donít generally post from that perspective because I donít see where it would be of interest to anyone.

Whatís your problem?
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 11:52:21 AM »

What would it matter to anyone who posts here where how or when a given horse races? Thatís kinda what we do on a board like this.

I bet these races but I donít generally post from that perspective because I donít see where it would be of interest to anyone.

Whatís your problem?

Your perspective is unique. bowing   Your personality is poor. screwy

I'd be interested to hear about your betting.   I love to talk gambling.   Are you a vertical player or horizontal player?   Anything else you consider relevant would be appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: