Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 04:43:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trainers %  (Read 637 times)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2013, 07:40:34 AM »

I'm curious about the forums opinion on trainers percentages.

I realize they are indicators of a win percentage or in the money percentage.
I also feel they ate much more than just stats.
They are tools used for gamblers and fans for who's
Hot and who's not ! I feel they are a very useful gambling tool.
I'm just curious how many of you actually use them?

For me when betting very valuable tool
They are also very useful to use when a high percentage trainers horses start regressing.But those same stats can be very deceptive if a gambler doesn't keep a close on the performance of that trainers stock.
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Orb

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:23:07 AM »

Driver stats are probably more important than trainer stats. With the trainers, their stats are dictated by the the class of the horses they race and that will skew the stats, for example; when a horse is racing well with Wins and 2nds, you are constantly moving up in class, making it harder to win. And if all your stock is advancing at the same time, your stats will drop like a rock. On the other hand if you are going through a drought, your horses are staying in the same class or dropping in class, you can pick up a lot of small checks and your stats will stabilize, then hopefully start winning a few and the trend will start over again.   
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »

perfect example of this is peter pelligrinoat monticello..his training average there has to be close to 500% and at everywhere else it is closer to 100%%
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:57:23 AM »

I'm curious about the forums opinion on trainers percentages.

I realize they are indicators of a win percentage or in the money percentage.
I also feel they ate much more than just stats.
They are tools used for gamblers and fans for who's
Hot and who's not ! I feel they are a very useful gambling tool.
I'm just curious how many of you actually use them?

For me when betting very valuable tool
They are also very useful to use when a high percentage trainers horses start regressing.But those same stats can be very deceptive if a gambler doesn't keep a close on the performance of that trainers stock.

I frequently use the feature on the USTA site.  For example, you see a horse shipping in to your home track from an unknown track from a trainer you do not know.  Click on track statistics and find the track, then the trainer, and see what his record is there.

When I first started handicapping this game, trainer percentage meant nothing to me.  I looked at the horse and went by that.  Sadly, if you ignore the trainer in today's drug-infested world, you are missing a lot of winners.

As for keeping tabs on the performance of a trainer's stock, if you are a regular, you need to form opinions on the performance of a trainer's horses beyond the stats.  For example, if a horse finishes a hanging second with a perfect trip, or even just gets up to win with a perfect trip, you may want to downgrade the trainer.  While you may want to upgrade trainers because you think their horses have been losing because of bad racing luck.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 12:42:01 PM »

The trainer has always been and always will be important to a handicapper.
From a handicapping standpoint, 15% winning is my threshold for giving a horse extra credit for his trainer.
10-15% is pretty good.
You really have to know the history of the trainer if the percentage is say, 8% or less.
Some trainers obviously go through streaks.
Some trainers have nice ready to race stock but don't know how to classify them properly.
many of these types go to a different trainer and bingo, they race big.
Also some horses of the really small time trainers go to a big barn and get top of the line treatment and that can make a big improvement. maybe not in the first start but soon.
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:32:36 PM »

AND CERTAIN TRAINERS GOOD OR BAD,,,HAVE THE KEY TO CERTAIN HORSES
Sam R

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 05:59:09 PM »

The trainer has always been and always will be important to a handicapper.
From a handicapping standpoint, 15% winning is my threshold for giving a horse extra credit for his trainer.
10-15% is pretty good.
You really have to know the history of the trainer if the percentage is say, 8% or less.
Some trainers obviously go through streaks.
Some trainers have nice ready to race stock but don't know how to classify them properly.
many of these types go to a different trainer and bingo, they race big.
Also some horses of the really small time trainers go to a big barn and get top of the line treatment and that can make a big improvement. maybe not in the first start but soon.
Today it's easy to classify. If you are at Meadowlands it's done for you ABC. Anywhere else your earnings last 5/6. If you are in a claimer and don't get claimed you are in too high. When you get to the right price with a legitimate chance to win your gone.
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 07:04:37 PM »

I only bet a trainer who is winning in excess of 30% of his starts, with as many or more starts than all of the other trainers, in some cases twice as many starts, and a UDR of at least .450...And he needs to be crushing his competition...
Oh wait a minute, they banned that guy.
Oh well, guess I can't bet now...
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 07:12:42 PM »

no THEY DIDNT HEZ RICHARD MOREAU
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 07:25:04 PM »

I stay in the U.S.
Canada doesn't count for me..