Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 02:56:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TVG clowns have no "buddy" to save them  (Read 3060 times)
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 04:45:57 PM »

HRTV isnt perfect.  The segment with Mr. Benes had some awkward moments.  Peter Lurie asked Mr. Benes something like are you now going to support retired racehorses.  Because the guy who won a bigger purse last year from that tournament gave a rambling speech at the eclipse awards. That was his first question.  I thought that was ridiculous.  Mr. Benes seemed to have the same thought.  He seemed like he wanted to say let that bozo do what he wants, I have two daughters and i'm going to do what I want with my winnings.

Report to moderator   Logged
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »

i find the hrtv talent to be very difficult to listen too..and more importantly to look at.

the woman with the black hair that took the saturday and sunday morning time slots to go over the days racing in the coffee talk segments, reminds me of the wicked witch from the wizard of oz. she is horrendous to look at , and even worse to listen to, as she hacks through her 2 pack a day voice box.. she probably smells as bad as she looks.
 i do not really like the over played english accents, you been here for years...to continue with that accent is just phony.
then there is th elittle jewish guy, who for some reason doesn't realize he has a bunch of that white crap around his mouth...disgusting..you would tink the producer would alert him to clean off his face.

i like tvg.. i have no problem with thier sturday morning crew, at times they are very funny

i think most complain becasue they don't like all the fees they have to pay

Certified Derbytologist
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 05:29:38 PM »

i think most complain becasue they don't like all the fees they have to pay

Most of the guys who do the loudest complaining don't even wager with TVG ... they're not even customers. Many of them claim there's nothing worth watching but they watch anyhow. The ones who do watch whine about the on-air talent, who they could easily turn down. Or they whine about the wagers the hosts put together that the complainers say only stupid people would play, as if they're some kind of Good Samaritans looking out for all those unsuspecting (and undocumented) horse players out there, the poor guys they believe are stupider than themselves.

IMHO it's just guys who like to complain, in that standard horse player way, either working out their anger issues by dumping on someone, or trying to show the world how friggin' smart they are by pointing out the supposed shortcomings of other guys who actually got a job in the industry (while tragically and totally unfairly, the genius of the oh so much wiser complainer isn't properly recognized).

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 05:51:29 PM »

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/racing/2013/02/21/sutherland-joins-tvg-big-cap-crew-in-race-that-includes-her-former-mount-game-on-dude/
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 05:52:36 PM »

IMHO it's just guys who like to complain, in that standard horse player way, either working out their anger issues by dumping on someone, or trying to show the world how friggin' smart they are by pointing out the supposed shortcomings of other guys who actually got a job in the industry (while tragically and totally unfairly, the genius of the oh so much wiser complainer isn't properly recognized).

I think it's a combination of what you stated above and also unrealistic expectations. They expect hosts to be as entertaining as David Letterman and also give out winning picks at 70+%.  You can only find that combination on this forum.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 06:48:14 PM »

It's common business sense that they can't keep talent with the lack of tracks.  They'll do what happens in the real world.  Hire a couple new people cheap and the rest will be freelance.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 06:50:55 PM »

TVG gets more criticism because they give out numerous losing tickets that can be documented.  HRTV gives out spot plays.
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »

Looks like Chantel Sutherland will join TVG.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 09:53:44 PM »

Most of the 1000 complaints are regarding the daytime goofballs.  Their night coverage is ok for the lack of tracks.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 09:59:01 PM »

I think it's a combination of what you stated above and also unrealistic expectations. They expect hosts to be as entertaining as David Letterman and also give out winning picks at 70+%.  You can only find that combination on this forum.

Minus the 70+%

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 09:59:39 PM »

TVG gets more criticism because they give out numerous losing tickets that can be documented.  HRTV gives out spot plays.

HRTV talks about every horse in a race and then crows when one wins.

Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »

Looks like Chantel Sutherland will join TVG.

why ??

oh oh i know..

since we all have have seen her naked in her "on horse" photo shoot,
it just might be fun, and or pleasureable to watch her waddle her tight ass around thehalls of the bet fare offices...

nooooo!!!

thats not it..

its becasue she is a great hall o fame jockey..

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:37:02 PM by Secretariat » Report to moderator   Logged

Certified Derbytologist
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:02 AM »

why ??

oh oh i know..

since we all have have seen her naked in her "on horse" photo shoot,
it just might be fun, and or pleasureable to watch her waddle her tight ass around thehalls of the bet fare offices...

nooooo!!!

thats not it..

its becasue she is a great hall o fame jockey..

Because the same middle-aged horse players that made her photo shoot a big success would tune in to see her?

nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 11:51:52 AM »

lol..you do know that you are talking to Andy, don't you?
So what if I am.He is just an ordinary person.This is America.He and I both are entitled to our opinions.He was entitled to his snarky reply about making a LOT of sense.If you are going to be on air talent and especially are in the opinion business you have to learn to put up with criticism.I do not expect him or want him to defend himself to me,I just stated my opinion.
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »

No, I'm actually explaining why races are being run as they are. The vast majority of time I am talking about horses I didn't bet, and quite frequently, races I didn't bet.
As I responded to an earlier post,you are entitled to your opinion as we all are.People can choose to listen to you or not.It is up to each person to make that determination.Just because I choose to not listen doesn't diminish what you say or do,even if I have an opinion that does not gibe with yours.You do not have to explain yourself to me or anyone else.Just keep doing your best,that is all we can ask of anyone in their work.
dontdoit

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 12:57:37 PM »

As I responded to an earlier post,you are entitled to your opinion as we all are.People can choose to listen to you or not.It is up to each person to make that determination.Just because I choose to not listen doesn't diminish what you say or do,even if I have an opinion that does not gibe with yours.You do not have to explain yourself to me or anyone else.Just keep doing your best,that is all we can ask of anyone in their work.

I'm curious, what is your experience as a Simulcast host? Since you seem to think one needs to ride horses to comment on jockeys, I assume you hold yourself to the same standard, and have also performed all the jobs that you choose to criticize.
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »

I'm curious, what is your experience as a Simulcast host? Since you seem to think one needs to ride horses to comment on jockeys, I assume you hold yourself to the same standard, and have also performed all the jobs that you choose to criticize.
[/quote
Well,you got me there.I have never been talent in television even though I have worked in TV behind the camera.I have ridden horses in steeplechase and point to point races and can appreciate the volatile nature of the races as they set up.As for presence on TV I have no idea of your breadth of experience and quite frankly do not care.I apply the same standard to you and the other talking heads(except for Maggie) that Kinky Friedman does to listening to President Obama.He says he listens for a couple of minutes,and if it is not evident that he is quitting,he turns it off.
NJGUY

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 03:48:03 PM »

The article states that she is joining them for the March 2nd program.  It doesn't state that
she is going to be a regular host.  It would be nice to bring some new views on the set.
SandyLoam

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »

I think it comes without extra charge to Dish subscribers, and for Comcast comes along with their digital sports tier. So it's not hard to believe it is in those homes. Hard to believe that many are watching it.

On a more general note, I always get a kick out of all the TVG bashing, esp. coming from those who claims it's got nothing worth watching. So why are you watching it? If you don't like what they're saying, why don't you turn down the sound?

I swear horse players just enjoy being miserable, and the jocks/trainers/TV commentators they're constantly bashing are therapy, hate objects on which to transfer the blame, hate, and misery for losing bets.

It's extra $ on DirecTV too, part of a sports package that includes many, many channels of the CSN? FoxSports regional ilk.

As for TVG bashing, all they know is multi-race exotics. I've never heard one of them say "I ain't playin' this Pick 4." I would also really love to see them carry a running scoreboard of how these guys are doing on their picks and their ROI. Hank Goldberg gets humiliated on the big days with his picks.

But yeah, right, why would you complain about TVG, except for the fact they periodically have a complete dearth of good tracks (and paying for it). But that's not a factor with computer streaming. And if you're building your bets based on what they say, that's your problem. They do a decent job on Dubai World Cup day. They look like orphans on the Breeders Cup, but they should be allowed to cover it and televise it live if the industry knew what was good for it.

Even if I'm playing tracks TVG doesn't have, like GP and FG this weekend, I'll have it on with the sound low just for the atmosphere. And maybe bet a race or two of theirs.

If people need to take out their frustration or anger on jocks/trainers/TV commentators for losing bets, isn't that the BIG number one saddle cloth red flag that perhaps you should get out?

I wish they still had Frank Lyons.
SandyLoam

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2013, 04:39:38 PM »

FYI, I've never placed a bet through TVG in my life.

Chantal on TVG? Now THAT's atmosphere!
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 07:20:28 PM »

FYI, I've never placed a bet through TVG in my life.

Nor have 95% of the guys continually complaining about it, I would guess.

nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 12:29:19 PM »

Is Prime the same as TVG?
SandyLoam

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 09:04:59 PM »

Nor have 95% of the guys continually complaining about it, I would guess.
Grin Grin Wink
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2013, 12:42:32 PM »

Todd Schrupp is a rumored finalist for a host of a reality show pilot.  I wish him the best.  His passion for racing and a** licking tendencies are not a good blend for TVG.  Although as a broadcaster he has mad skillzz.  In a different television field he is an A- broadcaster.  As for Carothers, he better pick some winners.  As a broadcaster hes a D-.
SandyLoam

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2013, 12:05:10 PM »

Shrupp's hair was so hip Saturday, he looked like Alfalfa.

Greg Wolf was turned into a quivering blob of jelly by Chantal's overwhelming beauty. In the vein of "do girls enjoy pillow fights?" Wolf asked her if the female jockeys "stick together." She looked at him like he's nuts and said "no, we're all pretty competitive." Chantal only seemed engaged in the few moments when Wolf asked her about, you know, horse racing. She was excellent on the bit where she named the jockey even though their faces were obscured.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: