Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 16, 2014, 08:38:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TVG clowns have no "buddy" to save them  (Read 3002 times)
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2013, 07:49:37 PM »

With Allevato(their buddy) gone the daytime clowns(schrupp, carothers, bray, loduca) will not be saved.  Betfair wants to put their own mark on tvg and they see they have a bad reputation and want to regain partners.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:38:35 AM by Trainer Rusty » Report to moderator   Logged
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 07:54:01 PM »

Bring back Priscilla Hojiwala
Report to moderator   Logged
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »

I dont watch tvg when schrupp and carothers are on air anymore.  Carothers isnt a clown hes just not a good horseplayer/handicapper.  Schrupp is a clown and an a** licker.  He has had many negative things to say on air about good people in racing.  He dogged santa anita out constantly and wouldn't say their name (so childish) like a kiss a**.  That made him look more stupid to his betfair superiors.  Now that they show SA he licks their a**.  He is the biggest phony of them all.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:18:34 PM by Trainer Rusty » Report to moderator   Logged
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 08:12:09 PM »

Ive said this recently and will repeat.   Betfair may change the name to Betfair since TVG makes no sense and Betfair is established worldwide.  Before exchange wagering they want their people on air and they need bettors with big $ for the exchange.  They dont want people exchanging $40.  The first step is to be taken seriously and that means DOWN WITH THE CLOWNS (Trademarked).
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 08:17:46 PM »

TVG needs more Frank Mirahmadi!
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 10:28:56 PM »

There was a funny line in the comments on drf.  Dont worry about tony.  He'll be fine because he can play todd schrupps picks.   He forgot about carothers picks.
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 11:01:02 PM »

Another takeover resulting in loss of American jobs and big shipments of Greenbacks overseas.

Electronics , Budwieser, and now betting profits all shipped out and workers sidelined.

What goes next ?
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 12:36:35 AM »

I dont watch tvg when schrupp and carothers are on air anymore.  Carothers isnt a clown hes just not a good horseplayer/handicapper.  Schrupp is a clown and an a** licker.  He has had many negative things to say on air about good people in racing.  He dogged santa anita out constantly and wouldn't say their name (so childish) like a kiss a**.  That made him look more stupid to his betfair superiors.  Now that they show SA he licks their a**.  He is the biggest phony of them all.

Schrupp is a Horrendous Capper. Matt Carothers isn't horrible but he tends to play lone speed all the time in every race. His ROI on the show last season was God Awful. Matt is somewhat colorful but the rest of them are bad, bad , bad. Who is this Gino kid? I guess he knows a little about QH racing and at some of the cheap tracks but he's just boring. I love HRTV 10 X's better. They have more knowledgeable people.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:00:40 AM »

What goes next ?

Hawthorne and Fairmount?
SandyLoam

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 11:49:05 AM »

"Available in approximately 36 million homes."
Those are homes that could get it IF they paid for it. I can't believe they have that many homes.

TVG, without any good tracks, just has no relevance at this time of year. When they do have tracks, their on-air people are so bad, they have no relevance then either.

It might be time to enter a plea for HRTV to the suits at DirecTV.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 12:02:51 PM »

I turned it on Monday right before AQU race 1.
As the #2 was loading Carrothers said " we haven't talked about this horse yet" and went on to say a couple of things.
That horse was 2/1 in a short field,not 60/1 in a full field.
How can you not talk about the 2/1?
 Good,bad,like,not-liked,whatever the 2/1 in a race merits discussion if you are supposed to be a racing channel.
Aqueduct was the only track they were covering at that time. No other tracks were on the graphics at the bottom of the screen.
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »

How will Todd pay for his eyebrow grooming?Maybe they can get Andy Serling to come and talk about a jocks terrible ride which always is interesting coming from people who have never been on a racehorse.
sodgod

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 12:24:04 PM »

Nmslim,

Serling seems to be critical about pretty much everything.  Not sure if that's a new york thing or just a dry sense of humor.  Adds nothing to Race Day America when they have him on.

Sod
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »

"Available in approximately 36 million homes."
Those are homes that could get it IF they paid for it. I can't believe they have that many homes.

I think it comes without extra charge to Dish subscribers, and for Comcast comes along with their digital sports tier. So it's not hard to believe it is in those homes. Hard to believe that many are watching it.

On a more general note, I always get a kick out of all the TVG bashing, esp. coming from those who claims it's got nothing worth watching. So why are you watching it? If you don't like what they're saying, why don't you turn down the sound?

I swear horse players just enjoy being miserable, and the jocks/trainers/TV commentators they're constantly bashing are therapy, hate objects on which to transfer the blame, hate, and misery for losing bets.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »

Everything is part of the 19.99 package or higher on DISH.   RTN (the same feed at arlington otbs) is on DISH.  That costs $50 a month.  DISH is great.  Get the most channels for the cheapest price.  Like the commercial says,  "Why pay more for tv?"

Ive had tvg &  hrtv since the beginning.  There is a reason there are 150 complaints on drf artcle.  A handful were deleted.

The best idea was a red zone channel esque strategy where the most races possible are shown.
dontdoit

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 07:56:40 PM »

How will Todd pay for his eyebrow grooming?Maybe they can get Andy Serling to come and talk about a jocks terrible ride which always is interesting coming from people who have never been on a racehorse.

Yeah, you really need to ride horses to identify a lousy ride. That makes a LOT of sense.
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 11:14:42 PM »

Tony Allevato, one of the most senior members of the TVG management team, was dismissed Feb. 19, according to a source familiar with the company, as part of a restructuring plan.

Allevato, the executive vice president for television at the horse racing television and wagering entity, had been with TVG since it was started in 1999. He previously served as director of television production at Hollywood Park.

Certified Derbytologist
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 12:30:19 AM »

There was a tweet that so far with 180 not including deletions, this is 2nd most commented topic in drf.com history.  Not sure if accurate?  The point is nationwide, not just this board, this is a passionate subject.   179 of those comments are negative towards tvg.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 01:38:38 AM »

There was a tweet that so far with 180 not including deletions, this is 2nd most commented topic in drf.com history.  Not sure if accurate?  The point is nationwide, not just this board, this is a passionate subject.   179 of those comments are negative towards tvg.

Probably 165 of them saying TVG has nothing worth watching, and they can't stand listening to the on air talent.

Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 11:44:38 AM »

Probably 165 of them saying TVG has nothing worth watching, and they can't stand listening to the on air talent.

You keep repeating the same thing.  So the publics comments are not worthy?  Do you include yourself in that?
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »

Yeah, you really need to ride horses to identify a lousy ride. That makes a LOT of sense.
My point is there are so many people that pick the wrong horse and instead of chalking up to their own wrong choice,they blame the jockey, the track bias, the weather,the trainer or anything but themselves.There are both winners and also-rans,if you have a loser accept it and move on.That is why it is called gambling.The thing about Serling is he always sounds like he is going to break out into a loud WAAAHHHH!!!
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 12:56:37 PM »

My point is there are so many people that pick the wrong horse and instead of chalking up to their own wrong choice,they blame the jockey, the track bias, the weather,the trainer or anything but themselves.There are both winners and also-rans,if you have a loser accept it and move on.That is why it is called gambling.The thing about Serling is he always sounds like he is going to break out into a loud WAAAHHHH!!!

lol..you do know that you are talking to Andy, don't you?
dontdoit

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 01:58:31 PM »

No, I'm actually explaining why races are being run as they are. The vast majority of time I am talking about horses I didn't bet, and quite frequently, races I didn't bet.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »

With Allevato(their buddy) gone the daytime clowns(schrupp, carothers, bray, loduca) will not be saved.  Betfair wants to put their own mark on tvg and they see they have a bad reputation and want to regain partners.

How do you know for a fact Allevato was the only thing between the on-air talent and a pink slip?

Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »

Andy Serling is one of the few people in racing I follow on twitter.  Imo he is no way like the tvg clowns.  I find his segments on hrtv very informative.  Sometimes they are in a rush and he doesn't have enough time to elaborate.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: