Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 01, 2014, 01:02:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big pick 4 carryover wednesday.....thoughts?  (Read 905 times)
EYEcanSEEitNOW

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2013, 05:11:06 PM »

Just wanna get this topic up early so any and all thoughts can be posted... I, for one, will be taking a stab tomorrow night with a few partners..  We like to pool money to get more coverage in these big carryover pools... This one looks pretty tough with no overwhelming standouts in the sequence.. Get to cappin' BTW members..

Jeremy...? Any early thoughts from you..?  Need your thoughts early...!!  Not with 10 mins to post!!   bang head

Someone needs to take this one down tomorrow...   trophy

-EYE
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:45:33 PM by jdizigg » Report to moderator   Logged
jdizigg

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »

Jeremey's Pick Four Ticket (Races 7 - 10): 1,2,5,6 / 2,5 / 1,4 / 1,7,8 = $48

Race 7

(1) WEST COAST WANITA mare has had some breaking issues but has flashed talent and should offer a price.  (2) BLUEBIRD JETTART four-year-old has put in two really good efforts, gets a great post, and will be firing early.  (5) SWEET VALENTINE mare put in a big effort first over from way back before tiring late; versatile.

Race 8

(5) HITITHARD seven-year-old stallion has just been racing evenly but finds a soft spot.  (2) HOT ROD RILEY MAE mare was used aggressively last out and could be in line for a much better trip.  (7) THE PADRE well-bred gelding ships back in from out east and could have the most upside in an inconsistent field.

Race 9

(4) PARK LANE SUE mare came from way back last out just missing and should be much closer turning for home; big chance.  (1) ARTS-ROCKSTAR mare was an impressive winner first start for a new trainer and draws the best post.  (9) RICHERTHANRAYNO mare put in a game effort last out but is saddled with a bad post and could be at the mercy of the pace upfront.  (6) ONLYTHEYANKEEKNOWS mare also put in an excellent effort and probably needed the start.

Race 10

(1) JONATHONISOOT four year old is 0 for his career but draws the best post in a very weak field.  (7) FREE TO SCOOT gelding made a break last out and should offer a huge price.  (8) ROCK N JAM gelding has made more money than the whole field combined but is saddled with a bad post and could use a fast pace upfront to close into.

its a very tough sequence especially if the 1 or 4 doesnt win the 3rd leg....  I will probably have 3 hundo or so into now is the time...  beer beer
Report to moderator   Logged
EYEcanSEEitNOW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »

I have been chasing West Coast Wanita since she came off the layoff... Horse seems very very hard to drive...  If he can ever get her to the stretch within a few lengths of the leaders and get her room she can win... Very very fast closing kick when she paces and stays straight..

-EYE
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 05:46:47 PM »

Just wanna get this topic up early so any and all thoughts can be posted... I, for one, will be taking a stab tomorrow night with a few partners..  We like to pool money to get more coverage in these big carryover pools... This one looks pretty tough with no overwhelming standouts in the sequence.. Get to cappin' BTW members..

Jeremy...? Any early thoughts from you..?  Need your thoughts early...!!  Not with 10 mins to post!!   bang head

Someone needs to take this one down tomorrow...   trophy

-EYE

I'm the guy with 10 minutes to post. If you are interested, I will work it out tonight after I warm up with the pick 4 from Pompano where the people in the winners circle are wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts.
jdizigg

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 05:47:04 PM »

The last race is one of the worst fields ive seen at balmoral good luck with the last leg you'll need it...  crossedfingers
EYEcanSEEitNOW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 05:50:24 PM »

I'm the guy with 10 minutes to post. If you are interested, I will work it out tonight after I warm up with the pick 4 from Pompano where the people in the winners circle are wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts.

Please do!!! Lol... Supposed to get into the lower 90s in sunny Florida this weekend... Far cry from the garbage weather we have here... Please give me some input.. Im gonna go over some possible sequences as well.. Might have to try multiple medium sized tickets.

-EYE
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »

The last race is one of the worst fields ive seen at balmoral good luck with the last leg you'll need it...  crossedfingers

Don't you just love it when you eliminate the entire field, go over it a 2nd, 3rd and 4th time just looking for the slightest reason to use one, then your not confident so you need 2 or 3 or 4 more and its still not good. doh
EYEcanSEEitNOW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »

Don't you just love it when you eliminate the entire field, go over it a 2nd, 3rd and 4th time just looking for the slightest reason to use one, then your not confident so you need 2 or 3 or 4 more and its still not good. doh

In races where nothing looks good to me I like to work backwards and find the horses that "can't win" as opposed to the ones that I think can... Then I just use the horses that I have remaining after I have thrown out my "can't wins.""

-EYE
EYEcanSEEitNOW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »

Bouncing back and forth between taking a stand and keying either Hot Rod Riley Mae in leg two.... Or Park Lane Sue in leg three... Both horses have great shots to win... But, on the flipside, both also have big red flags as well..!  This sequence sure is a head scratcher!! 

-EYE
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 12:48:23 PM »

I'm considering the #4 in the 10th. He's a 4 year old first starter and has yet to prove he can 't win a real race. Johnathon could't win last time he dropped down.  #2 has a big driver change but looks like crap--time to wake up?  The#9 can close so always the chance he'll get lucky.
IRA

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 03:38:02 PM »

i like the 1 in the 10th race .  in a race that anyone of 6 horses can win if he doesnt!      could be another carryover  dude
IRA

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »

Onez A Day. Izz enough !! laughing guy laughing guy nyah
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 04:30:07 PM »

i like the 1 in the 10th race .  in a race that anyone of 6 horses can win if he doesnt!      could be another carryover  dude

iS THAT YOUR SINGLE?
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »

I'm considering the #4 in the 10th. He's a 4 year old first starter and has yet to prove he can 't win a real race. Johnathon could't win last time he dropped down.  #2 has a big driver change but looks like crap--time to wake up?  The#9 can close so always the chance he'll get lucky.

I'm using (5) out of the 9  1,3,4,8 and 9.
IRA

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »

I have no single .   bet a small ticket . staying home !   clubhouse has it covered  thumbs up   dont like the card!
APPRENTICE

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 05:23:45 PM »

I have no single .   bet a small ticket . staying home !   clubhouse has it covered  thumbs up   dont like the card!

YOU ARE DA GREATEST ,,IRA.. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

KEEP ON MESSIN AROUND,,U WILL BE THERE,.,,,,,BET?Huh??..

SEE YOU ON FACEBOOK,,,,,,IRA MY GUY thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up heart heart heart heart nyah nyah nyah nyah
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:26:23 PM by LUCPARK » Report to moderator   Logged
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 06:12:09 PM »

DID LORRANE POISON B
APPRENTICE

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 06:15:10 PM »

DID LORRANE POISON B

SHE LEFT,,ME ..PERMANENTLY,,THIS TIME....

HAD HER TALKIN TO MY ELM TREE IN DA BACKYARD ,,SHE WAS SO PISSED,AT ME

I GOT A TURTLE,,AND LUC,,LEFT,,,,

MR.DALRAE

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »

SHE SHOULD GET THAT LUCKY
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 08:03:58 PM »

Yep. You key on one or two good longshots and then kick yourself for not picking what is sometimes an even longer shot hitting the wire first.

Total Truth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 08:12:19 PM »

24567 / 257 / 16 / 1249
67 / 6810 / 16 / 1249
67 / 257 / 357 / 124

good luck
EYEcanSEEitNOW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 09:18:48 PM »

Have come up with a ticket that we're gonna go with...

Looks like...

12569 / 25 10 78 / 1469 / 1489

$400...

Divided between 4 partners... $100 a guy.. 

Good luck to us...!

-EYE
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 09:25:54 PM »

Looks like...

$400...

Good luck to us...!

-EYE

Good Luck. If I went as deep as you, I would have used 2,5,8,9 in the 8th race. (2nd leg).
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »

Looks like...

$400...

Good luck to us...!

-EYE

It looks like your the only one on this board with a live ticket.
EYEcanSEEitNOW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:14 PM »

It looks like your the only one on this board with a live ticket.

So far so good...  trophy
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: