Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 12:51:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed & Trip Service  (Read 846 times)
amtino06

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:18:11 PM »

I was wondering if anyone on this board is currently or has used Scott Mcmannis' Speed and Trip Service? I've got to admit, I'm a little intrigued but would like a players perspective. Anyone?
Report to moderator   Logged
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »

I dont trust anyone unless they can back it up.  If he can back his service then play it.  Look at that Teddy Covers guy who is on all those gambling sports shows as an expert.  He had to foreclose and short sell on two homes.  If he was great he could have paid with cash.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:47:49 PM »

This is also why I hate tvg touts.  Besides Loduca who has documented woes, there are others who aren't documented so I will not comment.  Teddy Covers is documented also.  Sometimes its better to be a bdh than be a bdh on tv.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 01:11:52 AM »

I did some reading about  his service after my posts.  He seems genuine and legit.  The tvg touts cant compete with him.  He just doesnt get national attention because he plays the chicago tracks.
amtino06

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 08:15:14 AM »

Yeah I'd agree with that. It seems like his service is informational/statistical for the most part.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »

I was wondering if anyone on this board is currently or has used Scott Mcmannis' Speed and Trip Service? I've got to admit, I'm a little intrigued but would like a players perspective. Anyone?

One of my best racing buddies friends is (or was) a long time subscriber, and he swears by it.

You do get different numbers than anyone else is using, so that's always helpful - you can be zigging when they're zagging. The times I've seen (or asked about) the trip notes on various horses those are quite useful, too. I know Scott watches all the replays and takes careful notes.

Scott also offers a pretty nice book on Chicago trainer patterns.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:56:37 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
amtino06

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »

Yeah, I used his trainer patterns book last year. It saved me from some bad bets, and cost me some others (which was expected).  Still very informative. Thanks for the opinions guys!
KY CLOSER

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 08:45:40 AM »

This service intrigues me.  I did a quick Internet search and could not find a page describing.  Can anyone point me to where I can learn more about this?
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 09:02:02 AM »

There is stuff on him but not the service.  Maybe he contacts you directly?
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 05:36:53 PM »

I don't believe Scott has a website.

You can call him at 847-991-3839 and, if you get voice mail, leave name, email address, and phone number.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
amtino06

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 07:52:49 PM »

I've pm'd you his email address as well.
hyerczyk

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 03:27:14 PM »

I have been a subscriber to Scott's Speed & Trip and Trainer profiles since he used to run the Handicapping Center at Sportsman's.  I've had success with his services and his information can only enhance your handicapping.  The Trainer profile is full of statistics and has helped me eliminate many horses based on the trainer's record in a particular category.  It is not unusual to find a winner with Scott's info that often pays for the service (no lie!).  The speed figures are fantastic but it is important to understand how to use them properly just as it is with any speed figure.  What I mean is it is important to understand why a horse ran a certain number either good or bad, was there a bias?  clear, uncontested easy lead? trouble in the race, etc?  His trip notes are very detailed and he also provides track bias info.

Perhaps the only flaw is that the trainer data is based on past meets.  So it is important to keep your own records on the happenings at the current meet ie. first starters, race after claims, layoffs,etc.

Overall I would highly recommend Scott's services.  He is also available by phone and or email if you need any help working with his speed figs or data.  I see that others have posted his contact information already.

Unfortunately, until ADW is allowed, I can't bet the races much at all and had to decline subscribing for this Spring's HAW meet.

One final note, Steve Miller has partnered with Scott and offers a service that imports Scott's data into Formulator saving hours of data entry.  If you subscribe to Scott's service I would also highly recommend Steve's service as well.

Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 08:29:45 AM »

I have been a subscriber to Scott's Speed & Trip and Trainer profiles since he used to run the Handicapping Center at Sportsman's.  I've had success with his services and his information can only enhance your handicapping.  The Trainer profile is full of statistics and has helped me eliminate many horses based on the trainer's record in a particular category.  It is not unusual to find a winner with Scott's info that often pays for the service (no lie!).  The speed figures are fantastic but it is important to understand how to use them properly just as it is with any speed figure.  What I mean is it is important to understand why a horse ran a certain number either good or bad, was there a bias?  clear, uncontested easy lead? trouble in the race, etc?  His trip notes are very detailed and he also provides track bias info.

Perhaps the only flaw is that the trainer data is based on past meets.  So it is important to keep your own records on the happenings at the current meet ie. first starters, race after claims, layoffs,etc.

Overall I would highly recommend Scott's services.  He is also available by phone and or email if you need any help working with his speed figs or data.  I see that others have posted his contact information already.

Unfortunately, until ADW is allowed, I can't bet the races much at all and had to decline subscribing for this Spring's HAW meet.

One final note, Steve Miller has partnered with Scott and offers a service that imports Scott's data into Formulator saving hours of data entry.  If you subscribe to Scott's service I would also highly recommend Steve's service as well.

Does Scott have his own website? If yes what is the link?

How much does he charge and what is his subscription fee?
hyerczyk

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 08:50:28 AM »

Scott does not have a website however he does post an occasional blog at http://www.aringtonpark.com under the NEWS/VIDEOS/BLOGS tab.  He charges about $300 per meet for the Speed & Trip service and the charge for the Trainer book is around $75 per meet.  He will either ship the Trainer book directly to you or you can arrange to pick it up from him usually at Trackside or AP during their meet.  The newsletter is mailed out weekly.

Hope this helps.

hyerczyk

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 08:51:18 AM »

Corrected link: http://www.arlingtonpark.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: