Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 08:03:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IS HARNESS RACING DEAD OR ON ITS LAST LEGS, THE OPEN WINDOW IS NOT HELPING!  (Read 2276 times)
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »

CLOSE THE WINDOWS AT THE SAME TIME THE GATE IS SENT IN MOTION.
Report to moderator   Logged
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 08:10:45 PM »

Anyone watch a River Downs replay?  Wink

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 01:06:35 PM »

My, my... the "No Open Window" faction has now gone quite silent.  What a shock.

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »

My, my... the "No Open Window" faction has now gone quite silent.  What a shock.

Thank-you  Wink
burton

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2013, 01:43:44 PM »

Anyone watch a River Downs replay?  Wink
no
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »

Of course you haven't, because if you had, you wouldn't make the claims you make on this thread.  Do you have Twinspires or Betamerica?  Give that track's replays a look and tell me if the odds change at any point during the race.

--Winston Churchill
burton

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2013, 01:53:05 PM »

Of course you haven't, because if you had, you wouldn't make the claims you make on this thread.  Do you have Twinspires or Betamerica?  Give that track's replays a look and tell me if the odds change at any point during the race.
and this means Huh?
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »

That this supposedly etched-in-stone 20/30/whatever-second delay stuff is nonsense.  River Downs is not the only track which has no in-race odds changes; as far as I know, Ruidoso doesn't, either.

If these two dinkball tracks can eliminate the post-start odds changes, the big plants should have, long ago.

--Winston Churchill
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2013, 02:17:47 PM »

And, by the way, this proposition is absurd:

"You cannot disprove a negative."

Of course you can. "Balmoral Park does not exist," a negative, can readily disproved by watching a replay, or going to the place.

Your statement is not a negative.  You are stating a fact that exists or does not exist.  The term "disproving a negative" refers to a statement that makes an assertion based on the opposite of a proveable fact.  The example I gave about Marilyn Monroe (or update it to Kate Upton if you prefer -- you can't prove I never had sex with her either).
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2013, 02:21:36 PM »

"Balmoral Park exists" is an affirmative statement.  "Balmoral Park does not exist" is, yes, a negative statement. 

--Winston Churchill
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »

Speaking of affirmative.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2013, 02:40:29 PM »

"Balmoral Park exists" is an affirmative statement.  "Balmoral Park does not exist" is, yes, a negative statement. 

Try again.  "does not exist" is a positive statement.  You think because you used the word "not" makes it a negative statement.  You are just playing it loose with word games because you got caught in a mistake.  You took the meaning of my statement out of context -- because that is the kind of person you are.  "I do not like broccoli" is also a positive statement about not liking broccoli.

Easy to prove whether or not Balmoral Park exists.  You cannot prove that I did not have sex with Kate Upton.

Here's a positive statement that will be easy to prove.  You will continue to defend your incorrect position until you die.  bowing
burton

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2013, 02:42:37 PM »

That this supposedly etched-in-stone 20/30/whatever-second delay stuff is nonsense.  River Downs is not the only track which has no in-race odds changes; as far as I know, Ruidoso doesn't, either.

If these two dinkball tracks can eliminate the post-start odds changes, the big plants should have, long ago.
Let's say the river downs thing is exactly as you say it is.

Which racetracks have open windows?
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2013, 02:43:38 PM »

Try again.  "does not exist" is a positive statement.  You think because you used the word "not" makes it a negative statement.  You are just playing it loose with word games because you got caught in a mistake.  You took the meaning of my statement out of context -- because that is the kind of person you are.  "I do not like broccoli" is also a positive statement about not liking broccoli.

Easy to prove whether or not Balmoral Park exists.  You cannot prove that I did not have sex with Kate Upton.

Here's a positive statement that will be easy to prove.  You will continue to defend your incorrect position until you die.  bowing

Lets all work together?
Are you.that teacher marni or whatever her name was?
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »

You seem to have invented your own rules of logic, for which I congratulate you, however misguided they are.  However, you offer no authority for your position.

Live and learn:

http://departments.bloomu.edu/philosophy/pages/content/hales/articlepdf/proveanegative.pdf

--Winston Churchill
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2013, 08:19:52 PM »

Your statement is not a negative.  You are stating a fact that exists or does not exist.  The term "disproving a negative" refers to a statement that makes an assertion based on the opposite of a proveable fact.  The example I gave about Marilyn Monroe (or update it to Kate Upton if you prefer -- you can't prove I never had sex with her either).

Well, we could ask Kate Upton if you had sex with her.
Would that not be proof?
Assuming she will tell the truth...
Asking Marilyn would be difficult...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: