Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 02:46:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rainbow pick 6 is a Stronach scam  (Read 4007 times)
sfhorseracingfan

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2013, 05:48:09 PM »

I guess Stronach was asleep at the wheel when covering all combinations today.
Yep must have been sleeping

Also the winner of the last was one of Stronach's horse racing league's horses

Ticket was played at the meadowlands
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2013, 06:43:59 PM »

It's Gone. 3.5 Million

Amazing.

Less than a week ago, when I differed from the prevailing opinion that it wouldn't be hit before the end of the meet, expert guys were telling me stuff like, "The math I'm using says that at 10 cents a throw, the whales are buying out the combos and cancelling each other out -- so it will NOT be hit by a single ticket, ever...or at least, from now to the end of the GP meeting."

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2013, 07:02:53 PM »

Like I said, it will be hit.  As for the math behind that prediction requested by Horse Voice its called the law of probaility!
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »

Mentioned on the TG board that it was a 3K ticket at the Meadowlands according to what someone was told.
Horse809

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »

Amazing.

Less than a week ago, when I differed from the prevailing opinion that it wouldn't be hit before the end of the meet, expert guys were telling me stuff like, "The math I'm using says that at 10 cents a throw, the whales are buying out the combos and cancelling each other out -- so it will NOT be hit by a single ticket, ever...or at least, from now to the end of the GP meeting."
thumbs up
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 07:16:14 PM »

Not to mention, the Andy Beyer story informed us it was NOT the whales pounding monster tickets that made the handle on this thing in the first place, like some experts were telling us.

It's always great when subsequent facts prove the right and wrong of various opinions, isn't it? And so timely, in this case.

RacetrackRailbird

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING HORSES. YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING BINGO
ANYONE WILLING TO DONATE THAT KIND OF MONET TO A RACETRACK IS A DARN FOOL> TOMORROW MORNING THROW HALF OF YOUR MONEY OUT YOUR WINDOW

BECAUSE THATS WHAT WILL HAPPEN LATER IN THE DAY WHEN U MAKE THIS BET.
BETTER YET GIVE IT TO CHARITY

WAKE UP ITS A FOOLISH SUCKER GIMMICK---ITS DESIGNED FOR THE BRAINLESS

PLAY IT APRIL 5TH ANF HAVE FUN.......AMAZING WHAT U READ ON THESES SITES

What is this guy talking about???     When did art come into this discussion?

And speaking of  "tomorrow morning", it only brought forth the following:

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/news/article.cgi?id=34692

When your dime pick-6 is paying nearly 4 times your $2 win parlay, you don't give a shit about "52% takeout".

When the odds on Secretariat are higher than the odds on Sham, you just go to the window.  You don't sit home waxing poetic about "takeout" when you simply, and collectively do not understand what the f*ck you're talking about.

PS - I love how the "brainless" one made a reference to "April 5th", as if it would amount to anything.

Amazing the pinheads who can't even interpret the reality-based offerings on these sites.
RacetrackRailbird

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2013, 07:54:06 PM »

you're not going to get fair value for the odds against your wager because the takeout is so onerous.

God, why don't you just change your name again.

You still don't qualify as "balanced".

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/news/article.cgi?id=34692

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2013, 08:51:24 PM »

God, why don't you just change your name again.

You still don't qualify as "balanced".

Dude. You don't even qualify as a racetrack railbird, as you apparently have no clue about horse wagering. There is NO SUCH THING as a six horse parlay, so you don't know how much that "would have paid". It never happened. It is a TOTAL MYTH to compare and contrast parlays against Pick x bets.

The proper comparison is simply odds of winning vs. expected payout. If the Rainbow 6 was totally random (which of course it isn't) and there were 10 horses per race, the odds of hitting would be 10^6, or 1,000,000 to one, meaning you would need a $100,000 daily payout for your dime to be getting near fair odds. But you, O Wise One, are willing to accept crummy $9,000 daily consolations, and call that "good". screwy

Can you say "sucker's underlay", shooter?

brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2013, 09:12:30 PM »

This parlay nonsense is always such a pet peeve of mine. In a parlay you're picking one horse per race. In a pick 4/5/6 you can pick as many horses per race as you can afford. It's comparing apples and dust pans.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2013, 09:23:55 PM »

This parlay nonsense is always such a pet peeve of mine. In a parlay you're picking one horse per race. In a pick 4/5/6 you can pick as many horses per race as you can afford. It's comparing apples and dust pans.

Not to mention, when these guys are calculating the mythical parlay in horse racing, there's no consideration for stringing two or more correct in a row, which adds considerably to the odds against hitting it. The payouts they're using were the one race odds.

Sports parlays: I don't play them, but do they pay merely final "after the fact" odds of each contest x odds of the next like these mythical horse parlays, or are they a totally separate animal that had their own odds up front?

beobob

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »

As if we needed more proof...  when it comes to the sport that we love, nobody knows nothin'.
Horse809

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2013, 10:21:52 PM »

Not to mention, when these guys are calculating the mythical parlay in horse racing, there's no consideration for stringing two or more correct in a row, which adds considerably to the odds against hitting it. The payouts they're using were the one race odds.

Sports parlays: I don't play them, but do they pay merely final "after the fact" odds of each contest x odds of the next like these mythical horse parlays, or are they a totally separate animal that had their own odds up front?
Totally separate. Each game has there own odds, which then determines what your parlay you played is going to pay if you win.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2013, 08:19:04 AM »

Bad bet -- except for the guy who just won $3.5 million.  trophy  trophy
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »

Next someone is going to say the lottery is a good bet!  Any professional lottery players here?  LOL.
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »

The winning ticket Friday was purchased at The Meadowlands racetrack in New Jersey with a combination that cost $3,118.50, according to the Gulfstream Park website.

http://msn.foxsports.com/horseracing/story/gulfstream-park-rainbow-6-produces-payoff-more-than-3-million-dollars-022213
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2013, 10:04:56 AM »

Apparently there was some handicapping skill used for a person or team with deep pockets.  31,000 combos is still a fraction of the total combos and there were some serious bombs in there.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »

Apparently there was some handicapping skill used for a person or team with deep pockets.  31,000 combos is still a fraction of the total combos and there were some serious bombs in there.

Or a judicious use of the ALL button in the correct races for a change.

Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2013, 10:28:12 AM »

Or a judicious use of the ALL button in the correct races for a change.

Could be.  We don't know what he/she/they did.  The player might also have played other tickets.

But the shortest price in the pick-6 was $11. 
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »

The infamous Richard the Roofer from Laurel had all the other horses that could have taken it down......The 1, 2, 3 and 11......On a $1250 ticket......He also had the 12 for a meager 100k......The guy is one of the most overbearing, arrogant ***hole to ever live......So few tears were shed.....But its still a brutal beat......That horse that won the first race was a real toughie to come up with
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:42:08 AM by HarnessFanDE » Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2013, 09:44:35 AM »

The infamous Richard the Roofer from Laurel had all the other horses that could have taken it down......The 1, 2, 3 and 11......On a $1250 ticket......He also had the 12 for a meager 100k......The guy is one of the most overbearing, arrogant ***hole to ever live......So few tears were shed.....But its still a brutal beat......That horse that won the first race was a real toughie to come up with

Wait...so you're saying the winner was singled to the 7?
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »

Wait...so you're saying the winner was singled to the 7?

As I heard it the winner had the 7 and the 12.....but the 12 wouldnt have paid it out.....So yes he was singled to the 7 for the whole pot
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:40:49 AM by HarnessFanDE » Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2013, 11:48:12 AM »

As I heard it the winner had the 7 and the 12.....but the 12 wouldnt have paid it out.....So yes he was singled to the 7 for the whole pot

Interesting. I was under the impression (as I think many were) that there was one single ticket alive to 1,2,3,7,11
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2013, 01:19:08 PM »

Interesting. I was under the impression (as I think many were) that there was one single ticket alive to 1,2,3,7,11

There were 80 combos left with two races to go.....the two tickets I knew that were live were 6 x 5 and 3 x 6.......So that was 48 of the 80 combos......The guy with 3 horses in the next to last blew out.....but had the 7 in the last......

SHOWTIME!!!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »

There were 80 combos left with two races to go.....the two tickets I knew that were live were 6 x 5 and 3 x 6.......So that was 48 of the 80 combos......The guy with 3 horses in the next to last blew out.....but had the 7 in the last......

Good to know...thanks for the info. I was under the impression that it was just one guy that had all the logical horses covered and was more than likely going to win this thing. This is much more suspenseful.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: