Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 11:07:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge, two-day carryover at Hawthorne for Sunday  (Read 799 times)
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »

you guys are correct...hawthorne business is great...their pick 3/4/5 and 9 pools are exciting to play with all the action...please forgive my ignorance..joe b

I don't think there is anyone anywhere who thinks Hawthorne's business is great.  However, I think that most agree that determining the relevance of a race track based on the pool of a single wager type is ridiculous. That is how you began this thread.
Report to moderator   Logged
JoeB

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 12:14:17 AM »

I don't think there is anyone anywhere who thinks Hawthorne's business is great.  However, I think that most agree that determining the relevance of a race track based on the pool of a single wager type is ridiculous. That is how you began this thread.
i didnt begin the thread and in my first post in the thread agreed exactly with your point,,,
JoeB

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 12:22:28 AM »

and then went on to say SOME OF THEIR GIMMICK POOLS seem very low for opening weekend and as evidence talked about their pick 5 and pick 4 pools......i stand by my statement....

by the way,,,brivolta beebob and janine too....why dont you consider making a trip to the darkside wed nite...balmorals sunday nite pick 4 ( which they wagered 35k ) carried over...26k carryover i think....they'll put 80k to 100k in it on wed,,,15% takeout

if you are not familiar with harness racing maybe you can find former btw member tonymfan,,,,(tony m refers to tony morgan who's a former chicago based harness driver)......maybe tonymfan can assist you in your handicapping...
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 12:24:01 AM »

i didnt begin the thread and in my first post in the thread agreed exactly with your point,,,

Sorry, Mr B.  my wife says I don't pay attention enough.  I guess she's right.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 12:30:44 AM »

you guys are correct...hawthorne business is great...their pick 3/4/5 and 9 pools are exciting to play with all the action...please forgive my ignorance..joe b

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, exciting and actionwise, when you're used to betting the big time local harness like you do. Take Saturday, for instance, biggest day of the week for both tracks.

Balmoral's TWO ($1) pick 3's paying $79.90 and $17.10 and the ONE $122.80 pick 4 are just EVER so much more enticing than Hawthorne's SEVEN ($2) Pick 3's that averaged $507, and its TWO Pick 4's that paid out $4,454 and $13,562. I'd take less opportunities and much shittier payoffs any day of the week just to say I got to play into one slightly larger pool, and be proud to call that "action"!

thumbs up

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/HAW021613USA.pdf
http://www.balmoralpark.com/ShowResults.cfm?Cat=R&Results_ID=2526

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
JoeB

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 12:45:48 AM »

now we went from discussing gimmick pools to discussing one day's avg payouts??? good argument....  stick to arguing with dale bennetts girlfriend or wife please...

im a fan of racing...bet harness mostly...but would love to see all of racing prosper,,,if you dont like harness..dont play it!!

now im done posting in this thread....find another thread to argue with someone else,,,good night moderator
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 12:56:49 AM »

now we went from discussing gimmick pools to discussing one day's avg payouts???

We did just as soon as you made the phony case that just because pools were somewhat (and I do mean just somewhat) larger, they were somehow more exciting - even if there weren't all that many in the first place which puts a limit on that "action" you seem to crave.

im a fan of racing...bet harness mostly...but would love to see all of racing prosper,,,if you dont like harness..dont play it!!

Excuse me, but I think you're the one over here on the tbred side badmouthing Hawthorne's product because it's far more numerous wagering pools aren't quite measuring up to the high standard of the very few you're used to at Balmoral and Maywood?

now im done posting in this thread

The good news just keeps right on coming.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 01:03:48 AM »

Does Hawthorne at least handle a mil?  Los Al handles a mil and 200k of that is their pick four pools with 6 horse fields.  Thats the most amazing handle I see based on field size and quarter horse racing.
JoeB

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 01:28:56 AM »

haw handled over 2 million a day in 2011 per honest terrys post above
fridays opening day just under 1.7 million
sat ?? cant find on equibase
sunday just under 1.3 million
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »

Does Hawthorne at least handle a mil?  Los Al handles a mil and 200k of that is their pick four pools with 6 horse fields.  Thats the most amazing handle I see based on field size and quarter horse racing.

Most of that Los Al handle has to be because of TVG.  They have limited or no competition when they are running.  For all the TVG watchers that need their betting itch scratched, they are about all there is.  Hawthorne should take notice.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 10:07:03 AM »

and then went on to say SOME OF THEIR GIMMICK POOLS seem very low for opening weekend and as evidence talked about their pick 5 and pick 4 pools......i stand by my statement....

by the way,,,brivolta beebob and janine too....why dont you consider making a trip to the darkside wed nite...balmorals sunday nite pick 4 ( which they wagered 35k ) carried over...26k carryover i think....they'll put 80k to 100k in it on wed,,,15% takeout

if you are not familiar with harness racing maybe you can find former btw member tonymfan,,,,(tony m refers to tony morgan who's a former chicago based harness driver)......maybe tonymfan can assist you in your handicapping...

Sorry but I'm not driving up from St Louis to watch horses prance around a track. If I needed that itch scratched I would go to the local mall in the morning and watch the speed walkers.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: