Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 11:37:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: more Dutrow news  (Read 1820 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:35:31 AM »

A Kentucky hearing officer has upheld the KY denial of a license to Dutrow in 2011, but that's not the real news. The real news is testimony Dutrow gave in regard to it:

"The ruling by Layton is a must read and relies significantly on testimony Dutrow gave without a lawyer present (he was advised he could or should have one there and waived that right) to the committee in 2011.

The issues in “the Commission’s denial of his license are among the more potentially destructive to the honesty and reputation of the industry, including the stunning admissions by Dutrow that he not only continued to train Wild Desert while under suspension, but that he fraudulently had a fake workout for Wild Desert entered during that time,” Layton wrote.

“During his appearance before the Committee, Dutrow freely admitted that he ‘has run
many horses’ under the name of another trainer while he was under suspension and that when he engages in this activity he continues to bill and be paid as trainer by the horses’ owners."

As well as numerous false statements on license applications,

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/horsebiz/2013/02/05/hearing-officer-upholds-denial-of-dutrow-training-license/

And the ruling itself:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0WapAsys2LiM1plVlExY1FQVkk/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1
Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Bridgejumper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »

Dick Dutrow is an outstanding horseman--and this was a vendetta carried forward by an anthony sabini--who was a part of two different racing boards in new york

when you have two of the biggest drug trainers in the game--Rudy Rodriguez and David Jacobsen--running the show there--claiming horses--and they improve 10-15 lengths--then they race them 7 days later for a lower tag and then NYRA tosses Dutrow?

Hypocritical at best--a couple of vials of Xylazine and some traffic tickets--yet NYRA allows the pharmaceutical kings dominate the meet?

give me an ephin break

all i have to say is WILLY BEAMIN
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:57:10 PM »

A well reasoned and well written decision - the Hearing Officer earned his pay on this one. 

What a bunch of wrongdoing to sort through.

Dutrow's testimony not only demonstrates his complete lack of character , but also his extreme stupidity.

He not only torpedoed himself, he drug others into his fraudulent acts. ( ie: Frankel and unamed others).

Never give Dutrow a license.

( And start weeding out the other crooks pronto).

clockerbob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 11:39:39 AM »

I felt Dutrow was targeted for teaching the public about drugs in horse racing or the state
of workouts, e.g. Dutrow announced that he was taking Big Brown off of steroids for the Belmont.
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 12:38:08 PM »

Hardly news......Dutrow having a big mouth is widely known and accepted by many. He openly admits to using beards....how was this news?  He just reflected what every suspended trainer does.

Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 06:44:40 PM »

Anyone who thought Dutrow was gassing at the end should glance at the results charts in recent weeks at Aqueduct; Rudy Rodriguez has been moving up just about all of the ex-Dutrow pieces. 

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 11:05:08 AM »

Now he's filed a $10 million federal lawsuit against all those he feel done him wrong, charging irreparable economic damage and denied due process.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/76509/report-dutrow-files-federal-lawsuit

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 12:57:10 PM »

Now, the fun starts.  thumbs up

The Appeals Courts can keep knocking you down, in effect silencing you by not giving you your day in court...but this isn't the case in Civil Court.

And Dutrow is holding a giant wild card against Sabini -- if it ever gets that far before some sort of compromise on compensation is reached -- that can come into play even though Sabini has resigned his position with what used to be the NYSRWB.

Sabini was (and is) flat-out filthy in this whole deal, and it's killing me to not be able to share the details...please, God, let NY Gaming dig in their heels and NOT compromise with Dutrow, so that the *entire* story comes out.

Stay tuned, Dutrow grave dancers! This one ain't over -- not by a juiced-up longshot!  Wink
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 01:03:32 PM »

Now, the fun starts.  thumbs up

The Appeals Courts can keep knocking you down, in effect silencing you by not giving you your day in court...but this isn't the case in Civil Court.

A jury of citizens should look kindly on someone with a record like his.

And Dutrow is holding a giant wild card against Sabini -- if it ever gets that far before some sort of compromise on compensation is reached -- that can come into play even though Sabini has resigned his position with what used to be the NYSRWB.

Sabini was (and is) flat-out filthy in this whole deal, and it's killing me to not be able to share the details...please, God, let NY Gaming dig in their heels and NOT compromise with Dutrow, so that the *entire* story comes out.

Filthy according to the story from your sources in Dutrow camp, is what you mean.

beobob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »

I always figured that if Dutrow went down, he wouldn't go alone.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »

I always figured that if Dutrow went down, he wouldn't go alone.

Dutrow is a guy who's already been caught lying his ass off to various regulators on several occasions. You have to take the idea that his camp is telling "the real story" to HV with a big fat grain of salt. "Their twist on the story", maybe.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »

A jury of citizens should look kindly on someone with a record like his.

Won't matter. You are missing the point. An open court allows the Dutrow camp to get things onto the court record, giving such things an "official look and feel" -- as opposed to scuttlebutt whispered to Joe Drape or Ray Paulick by "unnamed sources".

Filthy according to the story from your sources in Dutrow camp, is what you mean.

If just half of what I've been told about Sabini's wheelings and dealings are true, he's pretty f*cking filthy, alright. The idea that such things are likely to be false simply because they come from the Dutrow camp is pretty naive; Dutrow is no saint, and he's certainly done some dumb things...but he is also uber-connected to the ins and outs of the everyday NY racing business, and he knows where ALL the bodies are buried. You don't.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 01:49:50 PM »

Won't matter. You are missing the point. An open court allows the Dutrow camp to get things onto the court record, giving such things an "official look and feel" -- as opposed to scuttlebutt whispered to Joe Drape or Ray Paulick by "unnamed sources".

Allows everyone to get things on the record.

If just half of what I've been told about Sabini's wheelings and dealings are true, he's pretty f*cking filthy, alright.

Uh huh. We'll find out, I guess. As long as it has something to do with the Dutrow case.

The idea that such things are likely to be false simply because they come from the Dutrow camp is pretty naive; Dutrow is no saint, and he's certainly done some dumb things...but he is also uber-connected to the ins and outs of the everyday NY racing business, and he knows where ALL the bodies are buried. You don't.

He's also a proven liar who will say just about anything. And he's not the only person "uber-connected" to NY racing. If Sabini was so filthy, that news would have leaked out from elsewhere by now, not just fed from the Dutrow barn through some barn acquaintance via an Internet forum.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 02:04:26 PM »

He's also a proven liar who will say just about anything.

What, to bureaucratic regulators? BFD.

Lying in open court? Difference.

And he's not the only person "uber-connected" to NY racing. If Sabini was so filthy, that news would have leaked out from elsewhere by now, not just fed from the Dutrow barn through some barn acquaintance via an Internet forum.

That's a pretty poor assumption. The folks connected to Dutrow have been asked to not share any details about Sabini's activities, to prevent any sort of organized coverup AND to preserve the impact value of the allegations if they are needed as a bargaining chip -- which they clearly are, now.

What, you think this $10 million lawsuit is all smoke and mirrors? THIS is what we have all been waiting for. Grab a bag of popcorn and a Coke, and have a seat.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »

What, to bureaucratic regulators? BFD.

His history will reflect very badly on him.

Lying in open court? Difference.

He'll lie there, too.

That's a pretty poor assumption. The folks connected to Dutrow have been asked to not share any details about Sabini's activities, to prevent any sort of organized coverup AND to preserve the impact value of the allegations if they are needed as a bargaining chip -- which they clearly are, now.

doh

I meant the OTHER 10,000 people with "uber-connectedness" to NY racing, the ones NOT associated with Dutrow's barn and feeding their spin on the story out through people like you. If Sabini is so "filthy", how come no one else knows about it? Oh, wait, only "filthy" in regard to this one Dutrow affair, and only the Dutrow people know about it? screwy That's going to be a hard sell.

What, you think this $10 million lawsuit is all smoke and mirrors? THIS is what we have all been waiting for. Grab a bag of popcorn and a Coke, and have a seat.

How about "not bothering to hold my breath". Your predictions have been wrong about every other stage of this affair.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 02:27:01 PM »

How about "not bothering to hold my breath". Your predictions have been wrong about every other stage of this affair.

Perhaps, but the only one of consequence is that Dutrow is going to beat this ridiculous penalty, eventually; he'll end up with something reduced (i.e., something more befitting his actual *new* transgressions), and when that happens, all of the other piddly-assed crap that has happened along the way won't matter one whit.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 03:15:04 PM »

We'll see.

beobob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 05:33:47 PM »

We'll see.

In the movie Charlie's War, this is the best line in the movie.  If you haven't seen it yet, see it.  Great movie.
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »

Judge assigned to the case is a Bush appointee.

Note to "Republicans-Are-Racist" Terry:  she's black.  Smiley

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
GeorgeB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »

Harness trainer Lou Pena is back....so, probably just a matter of time before NY caves and lets Tricky back too.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 10:07:06 AM »

Interesting blog piece discussing the merits, or lack thereof, in Dutrow's case:

http://www.anddownthestretchtheycome.com/2013/2/27/4036736/richard-dutrow-suspension-federal-complaint

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 10:49:24 AM »

Interesting blog piece discussing the merits, or lack thereof, in Dutrow's case:

http://www.anddownthestretchtheycome.com/2013/2/27/4036736/richard-dutrow-suspension-federal-complaint

Above blog created and written by Matt Gardner.

(Yes, THE "Matt Gardner"! What, never heard of him? Me neither.)

Here's an excerpt from Mr. Gardner's self-description from his home page:

"I don't come from a family with a horse racing background but my parents used to go to the old Longacres track in south Seattle when I was young."

"I subscribe to Dish Network because it's the only cable/sat provider in my area that offers both TVG and HRTV."

Pretty powerful stuff, I must say. Oh, and...he has a blog.

Hey! Maybe he's a French model, too! ("Uhh...Bonjour!")
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 10:51:17 AM »

"I don't come from a family with a horse racing background but my parents used to go to the old Longacres track in south Seattle when I was young."

"I subscribe to Dish Network because it's the only cable/sat provider in my area that offers both TVG and HRTV."

Hey! Maybe he's a French model, too! ("Uhh...Bonjour!"[/i])

I don't have a dog in the Dutrow fight but this last line was priceless.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 11:03:54 AM »

Hey! Maybe he's a French model, too! ("Uhh...Bonjour!")

All of which of the usual OT personal attack nonsense detracts exactly zero from the actual points he brought up, especially the ones regarding the claims of this particular suit that another court has already tossed in the trash.

And incidentally, HV, your own qualifications as a legal or racing expert are no more authoritative than Mr. Gardner's or any of the other opinion writers who have weighed in on this only to be trashed by you. (Actually, a good deal LESS authoritative, in some cases.) If this "appeal to authority" is how you measure whether or not the ideas a person writes merit consideration, then the rest of us really have no choice but to consider your own ideas in the same light.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:15:18 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 11:22:20 AM »

...especially the ones regarding the claims of this particular suit that another court has already tossed in the trash.

So, by your own words, Mr. Gardner adds *nothing* to the discussion: he is merely piling on. Is that impressive to you, Terry? Take the position of the court, and make it your own? Wow.

And incidentally, HV, your own qualifications as a legal or racing expert are no more authoritative than Mr. Gardner's or any of the other opinion writers who have weighed in on this only to be trashed by you. If this is how you measure whether or not the ideas a person writes merit consideration, then the rest of us really have no choice but to consider your own ideas in the same light.

And the exact same can be said about you and your qualifications (or lack thereof). Of course, I can see why you might be enamored with Mr. Gardner: he has a blog, you have a blog. Which means the world in this age of scarce information, of course.  Roll Eyes 

(Terry, is today "Stir The Shit" day, or something? I confess that my calendar isn't updated.)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: