Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 09:39:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Get a room already" was NOT STARTED BY EQUIFORCE  (Read 4883 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2013, 03:42:29 PM »

In spite of what Terry says, I do contribute to the forum as I am the self-appointed board PR man for CD.

When it comes to PR posts for CHDN, and clucking about the behavior of other posters in threads you're not really involved in, you are definitely tops.  

thumbs up
Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2013, 03:43:32 PM »

I enjoy these confrontations also, especially since I have no dog in this fight.  They are more interesting to me than the great horse posts or the handicapping ones.  I like posts about the business of horse racing.

I agree completely.  Although I'm sure you also meant to add the Gary Stevens updates from journalstuff
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2013, 03:53:05 PM »

I agree completely.  Although I'm sure you also meant to add the Gary Stevens updates from journalstuff

Hey, I have to get off J-stuff's back.  He came through with a good cut and paste statement about polytrack from Keeneland.  He is starting to push Terry in the cut and paste department.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2013, 03:59:53 PM »

Hey, I have to get off J-stuff's back.  He came through with a good cut and paste statement about polytrack from Keeneland.  He is starting to push Terry in the cut and paste department.

He still needs to work on adding some personal observations or comments as to WHY he's posting those particular stories, but he's coming along.

And PS, Dan, I forgot to mention you're our man for all the AP Trackside gossip, popcorn news and such, but lately that's been MIA, so please, try to do better. Thx.

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2013, 04:01:12 PM »

And, speaking of that, it kind of gets us back to where this thread re-ignited: Any new cases of herpes ANYWHERE since that time, or not? Were the State vets right, or not?

Hard to say if the State vets were right or not. The fact that a great many other tracks around the country were not comfortable allowing Hawthorne horses on their grounds leads one to believe they are not willing to put quite as much faith in the State vets as perhaps you do.

beobob

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »

He still needs to work on adding some personal observations or comments as to WHY he's posting those particular stories, but he's coming along.

And PS, Dan, I forgot to mention you're our man for all the AP Trackside gossip, popcorn news and such, but lately that's been MIA, so please, try to do better. Thx.

With the last few pages of these posts I have felt compelled to play Barbra Streisand's "People who Need People" on my iPod.  Give it a try, but have some tissues handy.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2013, 04:06:13 PM »

With the last few pages of these posts I have felt compelled to play Barbra Streisand's "People who Need People" on my iPod.  Give it a try, but have some tissues handy.

You are one of the better posters here.  You seem to grasp the different situations in a logical, mature way and roll with the resulting punches.  Keep on posting.

beobob

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »

You are one of the better posters here.  You seem to grasp the different situations in a logical, mature way and roll with the resulting punches.  Keep on posting.

Dad?HuhHuhHuh

Is that you?HuhHuhHuh

Mom said you died in Korea.

It doesn't ring as true when not coming from fellow AP lover.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2013, 04:12:48 PM »

The funniest part of that is anyone actually having that on their IPOD. Nice!!  beer
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2013, 08:35:19 PM »

Boy, this sounds familiar, I couldn't have said it better.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »

Boy, this sounds familiar, I couldn't have said it better.

A masterpiece of cut and paste, wouldn't you agree?

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2013, 10:53:02 PM »

Brivolta : I agree 100%.  I did expect backlash. I deserved it.  I called people out, knew I was posting it on an open forum and am totally fine with that.  I have no doubt that Terry has gotten PM's from others, showing support, probably bad mouthing me as well.  Which again, is o.k.  I have a problem with the fact that when he had nothing else to argue about...he threw that in my face. 
I could have done the same, long ago, but opted not to play high school games.  I'm way too old for that !!!
The no one likes you thing is ok as well.  I consider the source of all things and can count my true friends on my phalanges. 
If he wishes to try to discredit me, he should do so on Facts, not on pm's he has gotten. 
No one wants this virus to be over more than the horsemen @ Hawthorne.  And obviously, shutting down movement from Jan 1-14, made a HUGE difference.  No one can deny that.  It's just sad, very sad that it had to be Jan 1 and not....say...Nov. 1.  Some horses might still be alive...

Ths isn't about male or female, which continues to be brought up, or whether someone is at Hawthorne or Timbuktu-  it's about horsemen that care....
The constant digs would set anyone off....but I've been called plenty of names by Terry and insulted QUITE a bit....for which I reciprocated...when I reached my limit. 
Terry has a reputation for arguing.  I'd LOVE to take credit for it...but it's been there LONG before I joined this forum at the onset of this Virus. 

HV : I did try to stick to the facts as they were relayed to me.  Early on, I realizes that I needed to check and double check the facts.  I'm only human (a female one at that) so, I do apologize if I posted anything that ultimately wasn't 100% in my effort to inform quickly.  Verification is more important than being in a rush.  It was a bad situation and seemed like time was always of the essence....again, I apologize.
Oh, and I AM ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO PM PAM....I told her not to let the little boys in big clothes get to her....she's a wonderful person and doesn't deserve to be attacked...ever.

Beobob :  Terry does often have valid points- but responding is very difficult when he picks everything apart.
I need a stronger jousting partner.
Coney Island dogs....best dogs...sry !!!

And, you CRACK ME UP !!!!  Dad, is that you ?

DAn:  I like you.  You are fun !!

And no one Can come close in the cut and paste dept. Terry is the King.  I will defend that forever !!

Thoroughbred:  EXACTLY

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE...TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY. 

APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2013, 12:09:46 AM »

A masterpiece of cut and paste, wouldn't you agree?

I would definitely say that you have shown a positive turnaround in one of your views.  Keep on posting.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2013, 01:42:33 AM »

Brivolta : I agree 100%.  I did expect backlash. I deserved it.  I called people out, knew I was posting it on an open forum and am totally fine with that.  I have no doubt that Terry has gotten PM's from others, showing support, probably bad mouthing me as well.  Which again, is o.k.

So we have no further disagreement on that subject? Swell.

I have a problem with the fact that when he had nothing else to argue about...he threw that in my face.

Actually, the whole "noise" issue was your doing again, after you had inserted another of your trademark argumentative little side comments into my conversation with beobob, to wit:

So true, Bob.....but we have to also take in to consideration that certain individuals on this forum have ALOT more experience in NOISE......

You do remember that, correct?

I could have done the same, long ago, but opted not to play high school games.  I'm way too old for that !!!

Baloney. You've been launching your little "what others told me about you" and other personal attack grenades quite regularly throughout these discussions.

And now that you've exhausted this latest diversionary drama, and you're in a mood to talk, how about getting back to an actual subject and addressing the original question I was discussing with beobob ... have there been any additional cases of herpes since the State vets called off the quarantine, or not?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:46:46 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2013, 02:11:46 AM »

Thanks for that great post Terry.  You make very good points and bring excellent questions to the table.   
I think the best way to find out about recent positive tests would be to contact the state vet and find out first hand.  Would you like for me to contact them tomorrow and then get back to you, or would you feel more comfortable making the call yourself ?  Whichever, I'll leave that decision to you.
Venturing a guess, based on the current shipping policies, would be extremely irresponsible on my part, so, I'll await your instruction Smiley

I hope you are enjoying the warmer temperatures and of course, I'm counting the days for the start of the new upcoming meet.  I think it is going to be a wonderful year.

Heading to sleep. 
Hope everyone has a lovely night.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2013, 12:35:36 PM »

I think the best way to find out about recent positive tests would be to contact the state vet and find out first hand.  Would you like for me to contact them tomorrow and then get back to you, or would you feel more comfortable making the call yourself ?

No need for you to take an action that would be totally out of character. Just thought someone wired into all the daily doings on the backstretch might know if any additional horses had got sick, but apparently not.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:37:41 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2013, 02:35:26 PM »

No need for you to take an action that would be totally out of character. Just thought someone wired into all the daily doings on the backstretch might know if any additional horses had got sick, but apparently not.

Do everyone a favor and at least live up to the first part of your moniker. You were trying to start another argument and anyone who's not in a coma knows that. Someone as well connected as you are with the movers and shakers on the backside would obviously already know the answer to your question. So the real motivation was to stir the pot. At least admit that.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »

I will do my best to avoid taking any action that might be out of character and thanks for asking about the horses on the backside.  It just really shows that you care Smiley
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2013, 05:31:15 PM »

thanks for asking about the horses on the backside.  It just really shows that you care Smiley

My friends with horses back there have apparently dodged the bullet, the entire population of remaining horses have apparently done so as well, the whole Illinois program is also apparently out from under that cloud, so yes, I do. Thanks for acknowledging that. thumbs up

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2013, 12:07:08 AM »

Smiley
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2013, 12:09:21 AM »

Smiley

That's an excellent point!

SIXRULER

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2013, 12:19:46 AM »

This has to stop it has just become civil !
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2013, 12:27:14 AM »

As I explained on Another thread...I had just finished watching "the Stepford wives".... I slept it off, I think I'm gonna be o.k. Now....
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »

Back to Maude reruns?

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »

Lol Terry.  You have such a great sense of humor !!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: