Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 16, 2014, 08:30:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF PEOPLE WHO..........  (Read 1499 times)
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2013, 10:08:38 PM »

Let's get back on topic.
What do you think of the people described above?

Are they getting something most of us don't?

Are they idiots?

Do they hate money?

Do they handicap around the supposed cheater etc;

What about the open windows that they claim are all over North America with special betters getting this advatage?

Are they fools to keep betting on thsi game if they believe the points made above?
Or are they geniuses who sit at a computer watching the races from home and still able to spot the duggists, fixes and open windows?

I think that race fixing gets confused with "setting one up for next week."
Going 4 wide or running up into a pile of horses to intentionally not win is different than a predetermined result.
They both happen, but fixed races are rare, in my opinion..The other is not rare..
As for open windows for big bettors, I believe that is pure bullshit.
Money and odds transmission still has a delay because of rotation, and until that issue is resolved, odds will continue to change while a race is running..
If anyone believes in widespread fixing and open windows, that person would truly be a *** of the largest magnitude if he continued to bet one dollar on harness races.
Report to moderator   Logged
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2013, 10:13:31 PM »

Going 4 wide or running up into a pile of horses to intentionally not win is different than a predetermined result.
They both happen, but fixed races are rare, in my opinion..The other is not rare..
Money and odds transmission still has a delay because of rotation, and until that issue is resolved, odds will continue to change while a race is running..
If anyone believes in widespread fixing and open windows, that person would truly be a *** of the largest magnitude if he continued to bet one dollar on harness races. The only thing I can say about that is, everytime a horse has a big lead in the stretch the horses odds always goes down. NEVER goes up LOL!
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 10:14:06 PM »

Getting back to the topic, I agree, Burton.

When you consider that if you to the track just once a week, they have 4 tracks that you're watching 10 races (more likely 6 tracks with 12 races), that's 40 races a week.  Once a week for 20 years is roughly 40,000 races.

I've been going for about 35 years - simulcasting for 15(?) years.  I figure I've seen somewhere in between 50,000 - 100,000 races.

I could count on one hand, the races I thought were "fixed".  Obviously, that does not include stiffing.  Every time I try to figure something out that was outside of handicapping & outside the exotic boards, I lose, lose, lose.  So I gave up trying many years ago.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »

If anyone believes in widespread fixing and open windows, that person would truly be a *** of the largest magnitude if he continued to bet one dollar on harness races.
ergo still not an honest effort, so does that in fact rise to the level of cheating the betting public and next time out cashing for the connections and those in the know ?
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »

Depends on how you phrase fixed. Back in that scandal with Tilden and Mills you had 2 guys pulling the 4-5* favorite and the second choice 3-1 off stride. Now we may not know the exact outcome of the race, but what we do know is that the people in on it in Vegas were bombing away at gimmicks leaving out the two short priced horses and using everone else. When your betting 20 or 40 tri's knowing the prohibitive favorite and second will not be there, then you are going to score big because longshots are now going to be involved. To me that's a fixed race even though you don't know the exact outcome, but you do know your going to score big!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:27:48 PM by diamond » Report to moderator   Logged
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »

Depends on how you phrase fixed. Back in that scandal with Tilden and Mills you had 2 guys pulling the 4-5* favorite and the second choice 3-1 off stride. Now we may not know the exact outcome of the race, but what we do know is that the people in on it in Vegas were bombing away at gimmicks leaving out the two short priced horses and using everone else. When your betting 20 or 40 tri's knowing the prohibitive favorite and second will not be there, then you are going to score big because longshots are now going to be involved. To me that's a fixed race even though you don't know the exact outcome, but you do know your going to score big!
No different than running your own into traffic or going 4 wide...Another one to throw out...So now there are three gone from any tickets..IMO, Unfair advantage is the key.
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2013, 10:35:06 PM »

Dishonest, but not a fix.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2013, 10:39:47 PM »

Dishonest, but not a fix.

So define fix..Predetermined result.
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2013, 10:53:43 PM »

Yeah, I would say predetermined result.
Like telling the guys who is live and who is not.
A setup or "legal stiff", ripping off a 26 second quarter last week for a horse that doesn't really like to leave only inflates odds for the following week. I'm sure you know the drill.
I saw and bet two races that were fixed at Vernon Downs in 1994.
My trainer told me that the "live" winner would not be passed no matter what, and gave me two horses for the second position, and two in the third position. The other four horses were totally dead and would not compete.
Winner paid $9, the middle horse paid $9, and the show horse paid maybe $4.40.
Exacta came back $26, and the triple paid $80 or so. All really short prices, even for that place, but I had the triple for $25 I think, and the exacta for $50.
I'm sure I had the biggest cut of those pools, probably more than my scumbag trainer..I had more money than he did to bet with..
Like I said, setting one up for next week isn't a fix in the usual sense.
Darkening the form guarantees you nothing next week, but can be a big help..
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: