Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 08:37:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF PEOPLE WHO..........  (Read 1671 times)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 12:59:22 PM »

I agree that harness would be better without the chemist.  I love horses just as much as the next.  Had plenty of riding in my younger days with my best friend who had horses.  However since being a owner and hearing about EPO, it makes me sick that people use it.  Thing is if your not in the industry, as a individual you are blinded by what happens to some of these animals.  I know not all stories I have heard either on forums, people in the business, or in general aren't true.  As far as fixed, it is hard to think every race is fixed, or even a few per a card.  But you go to a OTB and boy some of the disgruntled gamblers cry and moan every time they lose and it's this jockey or driver is fixing.  Or every trainer is cheating.  I tend to think that is not the case.

I agree with u I S !
I can't stand to watch a full card any more.
I use to set and watch all types of racing by the hours.
With the catastrophic breakdowns in thoroughbreds I can't hardly even watch any more I'm so sickened and upset after seeing one go down
Even two year old in training sales I would watch all the film now I'm just so apposed to these sales I would love to see them stopped.
With the affect I have seen in drugs in racing and in harness racing also it is just heartbreaking to think for one minute that the products used are everything from Clorox bleach to cobra venom to cancer treatment drugs for humans to tiger balm!
I mean where is it going to end?HuhHuh

Pretty simple to figure who benefits from all the drugs!
The Pharmecutical Companies!
They are the biggest profiteer in Health Care and in the horse racing industry!
What a hell of a monopoly! They have both hands on both industry's throats and have the deepest pockets to stop any change.
This is why it is so important for Men like Mr G for all of us to support him.
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
IRA

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 02:32:29 PM »

thumbs up thumbs up
burton

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 02:41:17 PM »

THINK HARNESS RACING IS FIXED.

THINK THE MAJORITY OF THE TRAINERS ARE CHEMISTS

THAT OPEN BETTING WINDOWS EXIST

AND STILL KEEP BETTING ON THE HARNESS RACES!!!!!!!!!

WHAT EXPLAINS SUCH BEHAVIOR??

Let's get back on topic.
What do you think of the people described above?

Are they getting something most of us don't?

Are they idiots?

Do they hate money?

Do they handicap around the supposed cheater etc;

What about the open windows that they claim are all over North America with special betters getting this advatage?

Are they fools to keep betting on thsi game if they believe the points made above?
Or are they geniuses who sit at a computer watching the races from home and still able to spot the duggists, fixes and open windows?
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »

When Forest Gerry Jr. and his crew were fixing supers in New York, in the early Ď70s, the fact that they had from 10-25K to invest in each of those races stood as their biggest advantage. Typical intel about a horse could be used to eliminate him from consideration. If that wasnít the case two trainer/ driver units would be persuaded to declare their horses dead in the race for $1,000 each. They didnít know anything about the other dead horse etc.

There would generally be two dead horses and one live horse (probably finish first or second). They involved as few people as possible. When the tickets are three bucks each a six-horse box is $1,080 as opposed to $5,080 for an eight-horse box. Gerry fashioned himself a superior handicapper so that skill was employed to weight the betting with the live horse in mind, as opposed to betting a clean six-horse box. As a result some races they did better than others but over the long haul the odds were stacked in their favor to such a degree that they did very well.

I vaguely remember the RR story....did they ever get convicted of anything?  Wasn't there also a scandal with that twin double bet or whatever it was?
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 04:06:10 PM »

I vaguely remember the RR story....did they ever get convicted of anything?  Wasn't there also a scandal with that twin double bet or whatever it was?

Gerry and his buddy, Richard Perry, were each convicted of conspiring with harness divers to fix superfecta races, in Brooklyn Federal Court.

The Twin was enormously popular in the mid-sixties. Six bettors collected $23,500 on a Twin at RR; another time a single winning ticket brought $132,000; two winning tickets at YR were good for 90K each. But the ticket exchange and buying and selling of live tickets got messy. The Twin went to the tri and that went to the super.

diamond

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 08:20:15 PM »

One night at maywood back in the day there was a friend of Ron Marsh's standing out by the fence of the grandstand. I was one of just a few outside that night because it was getting really cold. I saw Marsh slow his horse down #7 BOOGIE WOOGIE BOY who was 5-1 at the time with 5 minutes to post. The horse with Marsh in the bike stops right in front of his buddy. All I heard Marsh's buddy say was, is it a go? Marsh replies back, yes it is. The guys runs in to make a bet and BOOGIE WOOGIE BOY goes to 7-2 in one click and then off at 5-2 odds. Marsh leaves and makes the lead and turning for home opens up the lead with every stride. Back in those days it took a decent chunk of money to move odds, not like today. I just found it strange that they would say what they said and the result that soon happend. May have just been a case of was the horse feeling good, but who knows with Ronnie. I always liked Ronnie's personality, but he got caught up in a lot of garbage.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 08:33:04 PM »

One night at maywood back in the day there was a friend of Ron Marsh's standing out by the fence of the grandstand. I was one of just a few outside that night because it was getting really cold. I saw Marsh slow his horse down #7 BOOGIE WOOGIE BOY who was 5-1 at the time with 5 minutes to post. The horse with Marsh in the bike stops right in front of his buddy. All I heard Marsh's buddy say was, is it a go? Marsh replies back, yes it is. The guys runs in to make a bet and BOOGIE WOOGIE BOY goes to 7-2 in one click and then off at 5-2 odds. Marsh leaves and makes the lead and turning for home opens up the lead with every stride. Back in those days it took a decent chunk of money to move odds, not like today. I just found it strange that they would say what they said and the result that soon happend. May have just been a case of was the horse feeling good, but who knows with Ronnie. I always liked Ronnie's personality, but he got caught up in a lot of garbage.

Nose candy was rampant.
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 08:37:11 PM »

Walter Paisley also had some kid back in the day make bets for him. It was always $500 to win. He didn't bet that often but when he was confident he would pull the trigger and send the kid in. He was driving False Witness one night in a stakes race when he sent the kid in with 5 big ones. The horse had the 1 hole and went off at even money. He wired easily. When Walter pulled the trigger he never lost. At least I never saw him lose on one of his big bets. He was one of the smarter guys in the game.
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »

Nose candy was rampant. Marsh would drive 5 winners on a regular basis on a friday or saturday in chicago. He was always broke though. He drove so many winners, but still got involved in betting schemes. His drug habit devoured him. Right after he got banned for life he filed for bankruptcy. This is a guy that should have had tons of cash, but was virtually broke when he got caught.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 08:59:25 PM »

Walter Paisley also had some kid back in the day make bets for him. It was always $500 to win. He didn't bet that often but when he was confident he would pull the trigger and send the kid in. He was driving False Witness one night in a stakes race when he sent the kid in with 5 big ones. The horse had the 1 hole and went off at even money. He wired easily. When Walter pulled the trigger he never lost. At least I never saw him lose on one of his big bets. He was one of the smarter guys in the game.
Didn't Butch buy a couple of seats on the Board of Trade after his retirement from the game...No tag days for him.
Banks retired into that  fancy area in Fla.  Star Island or one of those...I forget which one. Stan rarely rarely lost when his money was down.
TheRedMile

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 09:04:02 PM »

Didn't Butch buy a couple of seats on the Board of Trade after his retirement from the game...No tag days for him.
Banks retired into that  fancy area in Fla.  Star Island or one of those...I forget which one. Stan rarely rarely lost when his money was down.

i cashed a very nice ticket on stanley on a late driver change !
they were racing at spk because haw was burned down.stanley won the 1st out of the 9 hole at better than 25-1.about 10 mins to the 2nd they announce a late change on the 9 to stanley.he wins again at 25-1 and the double paid less than $500
for me banks and busse were my fav exacta combos until luc and micel took over at the meds
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »

I went to a window and asked who the drivers bet.

They told me.  I cashed.
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 09:06:26 PM »

Stanley Banks and Daryl Busse both went to florida for their final resting place. Racing was glorious back in 80's!!!! I could tell you story upon story back then. The 90's was still good, but it started to decline in the late 90's. The free for all races were really good at maywood in 80's. They some top quality horses.
TheRedMile

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »

Stanley Banks and Daryl Busse both went to florida for their final resting place. Racing was glorious back in 80's!!!! I could tell you story upon story back then. The 90's was still good, but it started to decline in the late 90's. The free for all races were really good at maywood in 80's. They some top quality horses.

converting spk to a 7/8ths was the last straw
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 09:09:15 PM »

Stanley and Daryl won a lot of races, but Dwight and Tom couldn't drive a lick LOL!
TheRedMile

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 09:11:37 PM »

Stanley and Daryl won a lot of races, but Dwight and Tom couldn't drive a lick LOL!

imagine egyptian cheetah with a real driver
burton

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »

Johnny Zawitowski?
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 09:12:51 PM »

converting spk to a 7/8ths was the last straw
Never understood why they did that. I have races on tape of the track before they converted. The turns were still bad even with the conversion.
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »

Johnny Zawitowski? Could have been. Purple striped colors he wore.
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »

imagine egyptian cheetah with a real driver
Ya, no kidding. Dwight and Cathy Rutherford dated for a long time. I think they split though. Egyptian Cheetah tangled with Lensometer at maywood several times. There were a few weeks in a row where Lensometer won with Lavern. Dwight and cheetah always got second. Pers always paid good because Mudges Nero kept taking action but wouldn't fire when he raced against Lensometer. Ron Marsh drove Mudge's Nero.
APPRENTICE

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »

Ya, no kidding. Dwight and Cathy Rutherford dated for a long time. I think they split though. Egyptian Cheetah tangled with Lensometer at maywood several times. There were a few weeks in a row where Lensometer won with Lavern. Dwight and cheetah always got second. Pers always paid good because Mudges Nero kept taking action but wouldn't fire when he raced against Lensometer. Ron Marsh drove Mudge's Nero.

HEY DIAMOND,,REMEMBER ,,LENSOMETER,,

THEM 2 COLD YRS AT HAWTHORNE,,HE WAS BRINGIN IT ON,,,,KICKIN ASS

DIDNT SOME GUY,,ARN,,LAST NAME OWN HIM....

WOW U GUYS REMEBER LENSOMETER,,KOOOL... trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up heart heart heart
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2013, 09:32:51 PM »

Sort of like Rick and the abysmal Paul Reuschel for the Cubbies.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 09:44:24 PM »

HEY DIAMOND,,REMEMBER ,,LENSOMETER,,

THEM 2 COLD YRS AT HAWTHORNE,,HE WAS BRINGIN IT ON,,,,KICKIN ASS

DIDNT SOME GUY,,ARN,,LAST NAME OWN HIM....

WOW U GUYS REMEBER LENSOMETER,,KOOOL... trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up heart heart heart
Yep, a guy named Arn did own him I believe. Lensometer won like 4 or 5 in a row at maywood at one point. His best races were at maywood and hawthorne. He always made a big move on the backside and the leaders could never fend him off at maywood.
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2013, 09:58:38 PM »

There were a lot of good horses on the scene from that time period. Jack Horner N, happy sharon, midas almahurst, mostly melvin, baron lancer, timelys best man, tarport boss, denali, black shadow, hothead, great expectations, charamar nite lite, sam's storm, dutch treat, rambling willie, barbara's prince, sole command, eclipse, casting couch, anniecrombie, cordon cordon, mighty oak diamond, virgie's eagle, in his favor, wiregrass kerrigan, heritage time, sammy blue chip, hot jammin, childwood hanover, desperate lady, penn st, foolish eyes, tricky dick n, keystone raider, and wicked brew just to name a few.
APPRENTICE

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »

WASNT EGYPTIAN CHEETAH,,ORGINALLY DRIVEN ,,BY DARRYL BUSSE,,

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: