Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 18, 2014, 02:16:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning the game  (Read 365 times)
the exactorman

Ignore
« on: February 10, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »

There are the few Gural bashers, there are many who feel more than half in racing are corrupt. What I rarely see is anyone feeling that cleaning up the game should be a joint effort amongst Racetrack Owners/management. In all major sports, owners stick together, and even then sometimes things don't get cleaned up, but it's the only way.
I applaud what Jeff Gural is trying to do, I just wish he had more cooperation from others in the business. JMO
Report to moderator   Logged
NJGUY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 10:51:44 AM »

The people who should be policing this is the horseman/woman themselves.  This reminds me of
major league baseball with all the cheating that goes on there.  If someone is cheating step up
and say something about it.  In the long run it is hurting your existence to make money.  Do you
want to race for second place every time you are racing against a suspected trainer.  I guess people
don't want to be considered snitches and whiners but they can't have it both ways.  How many trainers
feel they also have to do something in order to be competitive when if the field was level they wouldn't
have to do it at all ?
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:58:59 AM »

The people who should be policing this is the horseman/woman themselves.  This reminds me of
major league baseball with all the cheating that goes on there.  If someone is cheating step up
and say something about it.  In the long run it is hurting your existence to make money.  Do you
want to race for second place every time you are racing against a suspected trainer.  I guess people
don't want to be considered snitches and whiners but they can't have it both ways.  How many trainers
feel they also have to do something in order to be competitive when if the field was level they wouldn't
have to do it at all ?

Well written and agree.
I try to pass along and follow up on everything I hear
You wouldn't believe how many people(judges, officials, etc) who just ignore or turn a blind eye to what they see/know.
Corruption starts at the top or at the least ignored and subsequently allowed from the top.
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 11:22:19 AM »

have to do it at all ?

Good point..
I never understood why a trainer who was habitually losing to a cheating scumbag trainer did not step forward.
If someone is taking money out of my pocket that way, and a smashed kneecap was not possible, or would not do the trick, than step forward and say something..
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 11:31:06 AM »

TOTLLY AGREE
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 11:35:31 AM »

I agree that the game needs to be policed by other trainers. Just look at Hockey for example. It's usually a rule that you don't fight another teams "hockey player" or you have to answer to their goon. So in that example the game polices itself.....and if you notice a referee realizes this and let's the fight happen between the 2 goons.
Don't you guys feel that other tracks across North America need to band together?
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

Good point..
I never understood why a trainer who was habitually losing to a cheating scumbag trainer did not step forward.
If someone is taking money out of my pocket that way, and a smashed kneecap was not possible, or would not do the trick, than step forward and say something..
Most race boards have a hot line to report offenders.

It's pretty obvious who cheaters are if you look at their ethics and standards in their personal lives well why wouldn't they cheat the public colleagues and horses?

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 12:03:51 PM »

Most race boards have a hot line to report offenders.

It's pretty obvious who cheaters are if you look at their ethics and standards in their personal lives well why wouldn't they cheat the public colleagues and horses?

You know, that's a good point..
I most if not all cases, you wouldn't want to depend on a scumbag trainer type to throw you a life ring if you were drowning, because they wouldn't.
The way these people run their stables may very well be an indicator for the way they live the rest of their lives..
Hard for me to believe that any jerkoff who can shove a tube down a horses nose and into its stomach just to cash a ticket would be parent of the year at home.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 12:12:03 PM »

You know, that's a good point..
I most if not all cases, you wouldn't want to depend on a scumbag trainer type to throw you a life ring if you were drowning, because they wouldn't.
The way these people run their stables may very well be an indicator for the way they live the rest of their lives..
Hard for me to believe that any jerkoff who can shove a tube down a horses nose and into its stomach just to cash a ticket would be parent of the year at home.
Your point is even better!
If u think about all the trainers cheating on spouse and abusing spouse and the self center drinking and drugging and gambling with no regard what so ever to the affect there behavior has on their children with no accountability what so ever why in the hell would they care about a horse and least of all integrity and respect for the industry that feeds their families and buys their products for their own addictions .

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »

There are the few Gural bashers, there are many who feel more than half in racing are corrupt. What I rarely see is anyone feeling that cleaning up the game should be a joint effort amongst Racetrack Owners/management. In all major sports, owners stick together, and even then sometimes things don't get cleaned up, but it's the only way.
I applaud what Jeff Gural is trying to do, I just wish he had more cooperation from others in the business. JMO

The owners and management from other racetracks will never stick together because they either don't care about racing and only have it for a licence to have slot machines or they are competiting with the other tracks for the same horses and the wagering dollars.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 03:13:26 PM »

I agree that the game needs to be policed by other trainers. Just look at Hockey for example. It's usually a rule that you don't fight another teams "hockey player" or you have to answer to their goon. So in that example the game polices itself.....and if you notice a referee realizes this and let's the fight happen between the 2 goons.
Don't you guys feel that other tracks across North America need to band together?

Clark Gillies and Bob Nystrom were NOT goons. They were elite players that would drop the gloves and kick butt if necessary. Nick Fotiu= Goon.  Ed Hospidar=Goon. Eds teeth are on the Garden ice curtesy of Mr. Gillies.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »

Clark Gillies and Bob Nystrom were NOT goons. They were elite players that would drop the gloves and kick butt if necessary. Nick Fotiu= Goon.  Ed Hospidar=Goon. Eds teeth are on the Garden ice curtesy of Mr. Gillies.

Clark Gillies and Bob Nystrom were my 2 favorite players.
When Gillies was on a line with Bossy/Trottier...nobody went NEAR Bossy thumbs up thumbs up
Best Gillies "policemanship" was against Dave Schultz and Terry O'Reilly....he single handledly changed the momentum of playoff series with his presence.
Now if only Harness racing horseman would stand up for their sport, Gural wouldnt have to do all the work on his own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: