Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 07:01:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramon Dominguez: 'I'm really happy with my current condition'  (Read 224 times)
journalstuff

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:01:46 PM »

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/dominguez-i-m-really-happy-with-my-current-condition/

Dominguez: 'I'm really happy with my current condition'

In an interview with ESPN's Barry Abrams, injured jockey Ramon Dominguez reports that he is doing well following a spill in January that left him with a skull fracture.

"Considering that I got hurt not too long ago ...  I'm really happy with my current condition," he told Abrams on Friday’s In The Gate podcast.

Dominguez says he has little recollection of the accident or the days in the hospital immediately following the spill. Despite the seriousness of his injury, he also said he felt very little pain.

"I really was happy to see my family. My mother came from Venezuela the day after the accident ... and my wife and kids were there," said the Eclipse award-winning jockey.

Dominguez has been working hard on his rehabilitation exercises, which include memory and board games, and physical exercises like walking up and down stairs. He will meet with doctors next week to reevaluate his condition, but says he remains cautious until then and doesn't want to push himself too quickly. While he looks forward to returning to riding, long-term goals like the Derby are "the last thing on my mind".

When asked about the affect of the Aqueduct surface on his spill, Dominguez was adamant that there was no connection between the track's much-scrutinized safety record and his horse's fall.

"None. Absolutely none," he said. "We are so fortunate to have a great racing surface at Aqueduct and also at Saratoga ... of course I'm not a track expert but I've had the opportunity to race on so many race surfaces and winter racing doesn't get any better than the surface that we have ... there is no doubt in my mind that the racing surface is as safe as it can get."
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: