Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 03, 2014, 02:23:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Coming To KY Sire Stakes Program  (Read 396 times)
Slim Russ

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2013, 03:02:46 PM »

Legislation was just filed in Kentucky which would expand sire stakes eligibility to colts and fillies not sired by stallions standing in that state. They have the same problem New Jersey is facing: too few stallions. The Kentucky program gave away $2 million on their finals night at The Red Mile last September and the progeny of Dewey, Ponder, Valley Victor, Cambest, Jenna’s Beach Boy, Jate Lobell etc. were featured in those races. In the years since those stallions were eligible participants in the program there has been a mass exodus; Dewey went to Ontario and is now in NY; Ponder also went to Ontario but he’s now in Ohio; Jenna’s beach Boy and Valley Victor are both in Indiana; Jate Lobell is 29-years-old…..The home state of Stoner Creek and Castleton can't find stallions willing to take up residency there.

Twenty-five year old Cambest, Groton Hall and Third Straight are pretty much all they have left in Kentucky. If I Can Dream is now in New Jersey. He’s the state pacing stallion. And I believe Muscle Hill is still there, for some strange reason. Massachusetts has a similar program. Royalty For Life raced in both the New York and Massachusetts sire stakes.
Report to moderator   Logged
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 04:51:16 PM »

so no matter who you are bred to and whatever state that may be, you can nominate and be eligible ?

I would hope for the money they go for it would cost a few  dollar dollar to be eligible meanwhile if you are legitimately a true KY sire that you would get a deep discount......
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »

so no matter who you are bred to and whatever state that may be, you can nominate and be eligible ?

I would hope for the money they go for it would cost a few  dollar dollar to be eligible meanwhile if you are legitimately a true KY sire that you would get a deep discount......

I think the bill eliminates the in state sire provision and allows the Harness Racing Commission to set up new requirements. What they will be is still up in the air. In Massachusetts I believe a mare bred out of state and stabled in Mass prior to Dec 1 of the year before foaling gets registered with the program and some sort of fee is paid.

There are so few actual Kentucky sires that it probably isn't a big issue. The way things are going in that respect they won't be able to conduct the races unless they make a change.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:23:18 PM by Slim Russ » Report to moderator   Logged
APPRENTICE

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 05:21:35 PM »

KY SIRES ALSO GOING DOWN HILL AFTER 2013
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:05:55 AM »

BIG MONEY FOR CHEAP YEARLINGS
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 02:18:36 PM »

I think the bill eliminates the in state sire provision and allows the Harness Racing Commission to set up new requirements. What they will be is still up in the air. In Massachusetts I believe a mare bred out of state and stabled in Mass prior to Dec 1 of the year before foaling gets registered with the program and some sort of fee is paid.

There are so few actual Kentucky sires that it probably isn't a big issue. The way things are going in that respect they won't be able to conduct the races unless they make a change.

You are correct about Mass.  My mare was bred to Cash Hall last year (due any day now) and because she is stabled here the resulting foal is Mass eligible (not much money but very few starters) and NYSS eligible as well.
Robat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 02:33:32 PM »

Will probably include a big bone for foals born in KY.  The big Ky. farms have sires standing all over.  They foal them in Ky and will be eligible for SS in 2 states. Yearlings bring a big price...
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 02:37:31 PM »

You are correct about Mass.  My mare was bred to Cash Hall last year (due any day now) and because she is stabled here the resulting foal is Mass eligible (not much money but very few starters) and NYSS eligible as well.

Hope you hit the jackpot and get a Royalty For Life style MA/NY double dipper.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 03:03:58 PM »

Hope you hit the jackpot and get a Royalty For Life style MA/NY double dipper.

Thank you, Ray Campbell and Dan Daley did it with a couple of them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: