Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 09:02:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUNNIEST THINGS EVER HEARD ON A HARNESS BOARD  (Read 2008 times)
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2013, 06:35:15 PM »

"The only thing yer gonna flatten is a sofa"
Report to moderator   Logged

Horse809

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2013, 06:46:01 PM »

What is even more laughable is the fact that not one of the open window theorists has ever seen an open window or bet into this window.
I went up to 5 different tellers last night and asked them if they were the open window. With 4 strange looks and the last guy calling security on me after I kept asking him, I guess the guy who runs it was off last night.  dunno
burton

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 06:53:46 PM »

I went up to 5 different tellers last night and asked them if they were the open window. With 4 strange looks and the last guy calling security on me after I kept asking him, I guess the guy who runs it was off last night.  dunno
I'm dying here.
LOL!!!!!!!!
TheRedMile

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2013, 07:55:06 PM »

were you on the east coast ? i hear they are really prevalent out there
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 08:08:26 PM »

were you on the east coast ? i hear they are really prevalent out there

I am not posting this response to start a debate. We can agree to disagree.
I dont know exactly what you mean by the term "open window", however, If you are referring to the fact that betting/cancelling bets at CERTAIN TRACKS is not going on several seconds after a race starts, than I think you guys are mistaken. I have not seen it at all in Canada tracks, or at M1 (last few years). I think you guys are mostly harness guys but I follow both games very close, watch tons of races, bet many tracks.
It can not be some freakish cooincidence that the horses in the first 4 positions odds drop at CERTAIN TRACKS. Horses in the T-breds that dwelt at gate and are 3-1 become 5-1...when they win you are ahead of the game...I realize that, however odds are the horses in the "first flight" drop..
TheRedMile

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2013, 08:21:31 PM »

good post at this point we will agree to disagree
it is possible ? of course anything is possible
is it as prevalent as some claim ? has not been proven to my satisfaction
those i have read that proclaim their prevalence have turned out to be the biggest liars i have ever come across in my life
i also follow both breeds probably not to your extent by do follow both
there can be delays in the info being transferred from point a to point b over the phone lines
we all know the betting system is not as technically sophisticated as it could be because a lack of funds and uniformity between the tote systems
imo if this was as prevalent as stated by some the uproar would be worse than the doping going on

I am not posting this response to start a debate. We can agree to disagree.
I dont know exactly what you mean by the term "open window", however, If you are referring to the fact that betting/cancelling bets at CERTAIN TRACKS is not going on several seconds after a race starts, than I think you guys are mistaken. I have not seen it at all in Canada tracks, or at M1 (last few years). I think you guys are mostly harness guys but I follow both games very close, watch tons of races, bet many tracks.
It can not be some freakish cooincidence that the horses in the first 4 positions odds drop at CERTAIN TRACKS. Horses in the T-breds that dwelt at gate and are 3-1 become 5-1...when they win you are ahead of the game...I realize that, however odds are the horses in the "first flight" drop..

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2013, 08:39:18 PM »

good post at this point we will agree to disagree
it is possible ? of course anything is possible
is it as prevalent as some claim ? has not been proven to my satisfaction
those i have read that proclaim their prevalence have turned out to be the biggest liars i have ever come across in my life
i also follow both breeds probably not to your extent by do follow both
there can be delays in the info being transferred from point a to point b over the phone lines
we all know the betting system is not as technically sophisticated as it could be because a lack of funds and uniformity between the tote systems
imo if this was as prevalent as stated by some the uproar would be worse than the doping going on

I forgot to add one additional point...I am not trying to convince you..just making a point. Ever see a store or anyone selling something having different "rules" depending on the customer? If I buy $100 worth of stuff and use it...I try to get a refund and they say no...but another guy who spends $100,000's tries to refund something...and they let him...think that doesnt or cant happen? Canada has a fair start rule, many other tracks dont...if you are a huge customer making a bet see your horse break...think theres a chance you can get the bet cancelled?
TheRedMile

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »

I forgot to add one additional point...I am not trying to convince you..just making a point. Ever see a store or anyone selling something having different "rules" depending on the customer? If I buy $100 worth of stuff and use it...I try to get a refund and they say no...but another guy who spends $100,000's tries to refund something...and they let him...think that doesnt or cant happen? Canada has a fair start rule, many other tracks dont...if you are a huge customer making a bet see your horse break...think theres a chance you can get the bet cancelled?

of course i have said anything is possible but my problem is veriable proof it is going on in a large scale as claimed
every track has huge bettors but to the major traacks like cd sa bel etc what is the benefit ?  and are we reall supposed to believe that it goes on at these track and everyone is keeping their mouth shut and not get caught doing it ?
somehow according the tales it is the huge bettors especially do it but none of the tellers are doing it and getting caught doing so
TheRedMile

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2013, 09:14:37 PM »

The Burkes are a honest hard working operation.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Harness Museum
Racing, Will we still be attending?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2013, 09:44:09 PM »

If you bet lots of money and are in the game you know what you are talking about
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: