Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 01:07:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 more wins for Callahan last night  (Read 395 times)
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2013, 09:57:38 AM »

Its only February, but is there a driving title in his future?

I do not like the way Tetrick has been driving so far this year?  He'll still win when he is the best, and he frequently gets top call on the best horse in each race -- but he is making an awful lot of mistakes out there.  Mostly overdriving horses that need a trip.

Pierce has forgotten that he was one of the best first-over drivers in the game and has been losing races by brushing to the top.  But he is still very good at working out trips with horses that need them.

I think Simon Allard is overrated.  Don't see him winning too many races unless his horse is the best.  I also saw races where extensive racing luck earned him a victory.

For the young guys, I see a bright future for Bongiorno and Tyler Smith... if this game survives.  Haven't given up on Harry Landy, but needs to show more.  Similar comment on Marohn, Jr., whose success has been in weaker driving colones.
Report to moderator   Logged
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 10:30:52 AM »

According to our esteemed poster JJ, Corey will be working the drive thru at McDonalds this year so I dont see a driving title in his future......He actually could win it if he drove at Harrington instead of Chester......But he prefers to drive at Chester so he can drive against and learn from the best

SHOWTIME!!!
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »

According to our esteemed poster JJ, Corey will be working the drive thru at McDonalds this year so I dont see a driving title in his future......He actually could win it if he drove at Harrington instead of Chester......But he prefers to drive at Chester so he can drive against and learn from the best
thumbs up
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:52:10 AM »

He belongs at the A tracks. He has arrived and is only going to get better.  thumbs up
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 11:50:55 AM »

Corey is the best thing to come along for the sport in a while.  If the sport had any guidance and/or direction, he would be the poster boy, and the boy thing is fading quickly.  Though articles on Tom Sells and his irregularity winning X number of races surely will attrack the "hot young" crowd.  And yes, I do not belong to the "hot young" crowd, but boy, I know how to cater to them and get their money, and it is not even recognizing Tom Sells exists.  No offense to his ability on track or his character, but he is worthless in terms of marketing harness racing.   

Harry Landy...if he has any hope for a future, we are doomed.  Take the average 12 year old at the local ballpark and tell me he is the next person to be marketed like Pujols or Trout.  Ok, then let me buy NFL stock.

Autsin Siegelman, I know nothing about this person, but if he is young, he has shown more ability than any driver since Kakaley.  If he is a "kid" I expect high things for him.  He actually gets it. 
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 12:03:39 PM »

No way this guy comes close to a drivers title..........if he stays in Delaware he may have a shot but we know that is not going to happen..........over 80% of his wins are at Dover where he drives 33% favorites......not much of a drivers colony in delaware and when you get to pick from every horse in the race it makes it easier........6 wins last night and only 2 paid over 4 dollars........i would hope he can get these chalks home.........obviously  if this guy was as good as you all think he is he would be doing better at the BigM.......he is average at best there
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »

he is better than he used to be when he drove teague horse and they took him off after many dumb drives he still makes mistakes being over aggresive but has improved

may the horse be with you
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 01:28:49 PM »

No way this guy comes close to a drivers title..........if he stays in Delaware he may have a shot but we know that is not going to happen..........over 80% of his wins are at Dover where he drives 33% favorites......not much of a drivers colony in delaware and when you get to pick from every horse in the race it makes it easier........6 wins last night and only 2 paid over 4 dollars........i would hope he can get these chalks home.........obviously  if this guy was as good as you all think he is he would be doing better at the BigM.......he is average at best there

Callahan is a regular at both Chester and the Meadowlands facing the best drivers in the game -- and currently has about 25 more wins than anyone else.  Pierce and Tetrick have been regulars at Dover when the Meadowlands is dark.

Callahan has far and away the best ROI (+52%) at The Meadowlands over all of the regular drivers.  He is 5th in the overall standings -- the four ahead of him have many more drives -- and he doesn't drive for Burke.

http://www.trackmaster.com/statsmaster/M.html

The best way to analyze driver ability is to factor in field size, purses and winning odds.  Add those factors and Callahan is waaaay ahead at this juncture of the season.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:36:03 PM by Psycho Dad » Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 02:09:37 PM »

I haven't been one of his top supporters but I thought he looked like more of a top driver last weekend at the BigM.
He didn't leave with everything and brought home some winners.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »

He wont have the stock at the big M.

He will have to get the title at harrahs Chester and in Delaware.

If 525 wins gets the title then yes he will.

He will have goo and some other stakes horses from some others like Czernyson.

FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 08:00:03 PM »

I sure am glad the game is parimutuel.  I'm not sure if some people actually think they way they do, or if it is like Howard Stern and just said for shock and awe.

Since 1/1/12 at Dover Downs Corey Callahan has 1590 drives.  Of those, 411 were on the favorite.  Slightly over 25%.

Same time period at Yonkers.
George Brennan has 2503 drives, 921 favorites.  Over 36%
Brian Sears  1349 drives, 372 favorites.  Over 27%

Let's look at winning percentage on favorites
Corey 205/411   49.9
George  414/921  45.0
Brian  175/372   47.0

Let's look at winning percentage on non-favorites
Corey  141/1179  12.0
George  206/1582  13.0
Brian   125/977   12.8

So, Corey drives less favorites better, yet only trails two of the best by a percent or less on everything else, all while driving at a track where the average number of starters per race is higher. 

I guess it is basically like Bill James trying to argue with a fat drunk that Albert Pujols has had a pretty good career.

jks best

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:41 PM »

CONGRATS to CC who keeps getting better. He is the most improved driver at the Meadowlands, Dominating DD, & wins plenty at H. Phil. He is one the games Good Guys to boot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: