Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 11:12:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O/T 2014 Super Bowl will be in NJ  (Read 691 times)
park ranger

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:57:12 AM »

Outdoors in NJ at the Meadowlands in early February 2014.
I don't like the idea. Too cold, could be a blizzard.
I believe all Superbowls should be in a dome or Miami or San Diego.

I wonder how this will effect racing at the Meadowlands?  dunno
Will they not race the Friday & Saturday before the game for logistics reasons?  dunno 
Report to moderator   Logged
Harness Museum
Racing, Will we still be attending?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 09:04:01 AM »

it is football not baseball so the weather won't effect the game but will surely be a mess on the congested highways especially if the weather is bad. Already have my 2 tickets if I want them. thumbs up
park ranger

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »

Just read that--Miami & San Diego are eliminated from further Super Bowls until they upgrade or build new stadiums.
Harness Museum

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »

Biggest problem in NJ will be the roads not being able to accomodate the amount of traffic and all the hotels and restaurants jacking prices thru the roof. Already have people asking me to rent the driveway for parking.   laughing guy
Jerome B

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 09:40:37 AM »

No problem with te idea. Go back to pre-1967. The championshio games were played on the home fields of the team with the best record. Like Green Bay, NY, Chi,  etc.....Im sure many of you remember the Ice Bowl. A little extreme, but thats what football is all about. Bears played title games at home in freezing temperatures, as did the Giants. It was great

The Super Bowl isnt about football anymore. Its just an event, with all the added fanfare and party's. Not the way it was when YA Tittle and Bart Starr were around.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »

Hotels in New Jersey?  The kind of people spending thousands of dollars to see a football game will be staying in the city for the most part.  As for parking and the roads, it will be the same for any Giants game which fills the stadium for every game.

As for football in the snow and cold, that's the way its supposed to be.  Average lows for this time of year in NYC is low 30s.  Perfect football weather.

Hopefully there will be a good crowd at the track on the weekend.
APPRENTICE

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 10:03:47 AM »

IF THEY HAVE A BOWL IN JERSEY,,THEN EVERY COLD WEATHER STADUIM  WITH  PROPER  SEATIN CAPACITY SHOULD ALSO BE AWARDED A SUPER BOWL,

Harness Museum

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »

Hotels in New Jersey?  The kind of people spending thousands of dollars to see a football game will be staying in the city for the most part.  As for parking and the roads, it will be the same for any Giants game which fills the stadium for every game.

As for football in the snow and cold, that's the way its supposed to be.  Average lows for this time of year in NYC is low 30s.  Perfect football weather.

Hopefully there will be a good crowd at the track on the weekend.

Sorry Dad, Meant to say NY & NJ as it is close to both. My bag. beer
APPRENTICE

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 10:15:40 AM »

IF THEY HAVE A BOWL IN JERSEY,,THEN EVERY COLD WEATHER STADUIM  WITH  PROPER  SEATIN CAPACITY SHOULD ALSO BE AWARDED A SUPER BOWL,

GOODELL IS AN IDIOT,,,,DUMBIEST PUBLICITY STUNT EVER IN NFL

HOW ABOUT KC,,LETS HAVE IT IN KC,,NEXT,,,FCKIN IDIOT,,

THEY SEAT100K,,,

HAVE AN  IT,,,WHERE PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY ENJOY THE EVENT,,NOT  JUST THOSE PRIVEY TO HEATED  SKY B
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »

yup, this will be the first of many.  I expect all stadiums to be used in the next 32 years.
Harness Museum

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 10:32:11 AM »

yup, this will be the first of many.  I expect all stadiums to be used in the next 32 years.

Guess they forgot about the ice bowl. You will have real fans attending in the cold not these freaks who wann see some half time show, have no idea what sport they are watching or saying please pass the caviar. thumbs up
Jerome B

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 10:38:26 AM »

Guess they forgot about the ice bowl. You will have real fans attending in the cold not these freaks who wann see some half time show, have no idea what sport they are watching or saying please pass the caviar. thumbs up

Freaks like Yimmy, CPW, Fl uke,  Pig and JJ
Harness Museum

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 10:40:42 AM »

Freaks like Yimmy, CPW, Fl uke,  Pig and JJ

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy  No! The "FREAKS" that want to see halftime festivities and stay warm and order caviar and drink mimosa's
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 10:51:50 AM »

I couldnt disagree more with the idea of a "northern" set superbowl. I truly hope the weather is SO horrible they have to consider postponing it. Pandering to the NY teams ownership because they built a new stadium is luducrous. As a die hard Chicago fan, yes, cold weather games can be great and fun and all that, but the Superbowl should not be determined by ridiculous winter weather. Another reason is why does NYC get a game? Why not Chicago? Cleveland? They have very new great stadiums, why not them? its total  BSmeter. Just my opinion, of course... poor baby

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »

Outdoor Football is where the game should be played !!!!
 trophy
APPRENTICE

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 11:27:28 AM »

Outdoor Football is where the game should be played !!!!
 trophy

just because ,,u SAW THE FIRST FOOTBALL GAME EVER ,,,,1845,,

DOESNT MAKE IT RITE ,,JOHNATHAN
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 11:33:16 AM »

Biggest problem in NJ will be the roads not being able to accomodate the amount of traffic and all the hotels and restaurants jacking prices thru the roof. Already have people asking me to rent the driveway for parking.   laughing guy

Another problem might be the NFL has an issue with legalized sports gambling.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 11:35:52 AM »

just because ,,u SAW THE FIRST FOOTBALL GAME EVER ,,,,1845,,

DOESNT MAKE IT RITE ,,JOHNATHAN
I INVENTED THE GAME, AND I SAY SO, AND I ALSO INVENTED THE INTERNET !!!
 censor YOU AL GORE !!
 laughing guy
Harness1

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 12:17:20 PM »

I live in NY and think it's ridiculous.  If I hear one more time football was made to be in the cold.   Than why has the first 47 Super Bowls been played in warm weather or indoors?
Mike Francesa here in NY babbling great idea.  The championships games are played in the cold.
Yeah, but Super Bowl is diffrent.  The crowd is asked to be in the stadium 3 hrs prior to the game.  The fans are not the Season ticket holders that go to championship games.
As a football fan, I hate everything about Super Bowl has become.  The game starts later and later.  The ridiculous half time shows....People it's a football game!!! Most of the commercials --stink --Who cares anyway...
Commissioner Goodell is the worst Commissioner of all.  All his ideas totally diagree with.  Games in London, 18 game schedule.....
There is no defense anymore in football.
I'm sorry, watching both teams go up and down field like Basketball, don't thrill me.....

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »

Just read that--Miami & San Diego are eliminated from further Super Bowls until they upgrade or build new stadiums.

They upgraded the stadium here just before the last Super Bowl in 2010.  Where did you read that and is it a credible source?

I couldnt disagree more with the idea of a "northern" set superbowl. I truly hope the weather is SO horrible they have to consider postponing it. Pandering to the NY teams ownership because they built a new stadium is luducrous. As a die hard Chicago fan, yes, cold weather games can be great and fun and all that, but the Superbowl should not be determined by ridiculous winter weather. Another reason is why does NYC get a game? Why not Chicago? Cleveland? They have very new great stadiums, why not them? its total  BSmeter. Just my opinion, of course... poor baby

I agree, Mel.  It's so hypocritical to have domed stadiums in Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, Houston, Indianapolis & New Orleans, then play a Super Bowl in NY.  The only domed stadium should be in Phoenix because of the extreme heat.

Will Roger Goodell sit outside (not in a luxury box) for 3 hours before the game, like so many fans will have to, then nearly 4 hours for the game for thousands of dollars per ticket?

How happy will the mass media be to spend their week inside studios (same old, same old) instead of basking in the Florida sun or on Bourbon Street?

Finally, how about Peyton Manning - he can't win when it's cold, ladies.  Or what if that warm weather team, Minnesota gets a real QB & has to play outdoors?

FYI - another day in paradise here - sunny & 78!  Wasn't it snowing at Yonkers last Saturday.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Harness Museum

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 12:23:32 PM »

The Outdoor event will hopefully keep the rich frauds away who are not real fans. seems that is what baseball has become with the ridiculous box seats and seeing half of them empty and the others occupied by Wall street frauds, Bankers and people who have no idea what a diamond is.
Harness1

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »

Super Bowl prices are ridiculous...Plus I have been in metlife stadium.
Nothing special about it.. Built for more luxury boxes and psl's..
Giant and Jet fans hate it...

No comparision to Cowboy Stadium....
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »

Another problem might be the NFL has an issue with legalized sports gambling.

The issue the NFL has with sports gambling is making believe that gambling isn't the reason that its the most popular sport in America.
Harness Museum

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 12:38:08 PM »

Good Bookmakers "NEVER" lose in football either.
park ranger

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 12:43:57 PM »

Dolfan- here you go, about paragraph 6- Miami & San Diego need help before another Super Bowl. 
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/05/why-the-nfl-has-awarded-super-bowl-2014-to-cold-weather-east-rutherford.html

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: