Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 03:42:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My choices for Illinois Champions of 2012!  (Read 1000 times)
The Dark Horse
Chicago Correspondent - Horse Racing Nation

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2013, 03:03:45 PM »

My choices for Illinois Champions of 2012! 

http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/Chicago/Dark_Horse_s_2012_Illinois_Champions_Ballot_123
Report to moderator   Logged

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:21:58 PM »

Voted the same way as you in all categories but HOY, which I gave to Ioya Bigtime. Never been as excited to cast a HOY vote as I was this year, what a cool horse.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:17:06 AM »

I question the My Option votes. IMO, winning the Pat Whitworth is worth less then the Showtime Deb, or even the race at Fairmount. The Pat Whitworth is HIGHLY conditioned, in that you have to pay nominations fees starting when I think the filly is a yearling, and if you don't keep up on them, you don't stay nominated, and there are no late or supplemental nominations.

Not that I think our filly, Fifth of April, should have been considered at all, cause I don't, but we did not nominate for that race so we didn't have a chance to run in it. It is generally a race filled with alot of maidens. So what I am trying to say, while that race is a stake going two turns, yadda yadda, it generally isn't open to ALL the Il breds that are out there.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »

I question the My Option votes. IMO, winning the Pat Whitworth is worth less then the Showtime Deb, or even the race at Fairmount. The Pat Whitworth is HIGHLY conditioned, in that you have to pay nominations fees starting when I think the filly is a yearling, and if you don't keep up on them, you don't stay nominated, and there are no late or supplemental nominations.

Not that I think our filly, Fifth of April, should have been considered at all, cause I don't, but we did not nominate for that race so we didn't have a chance to run in it. It is generally a race filled with alot of maidens. So what I am trying to say, while that race is a stake going two turns, yadda yadda, it generally isn't open to ALL the Il breds that are out there.

I don't think you have to worry about that race being around anymore.
dana

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 11:52:23 PM »

The Pat Whitworth? Are they doing away with the race??
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:24 AM »

Fair enough.

I think the only problem for me with taking that approach (and of course every voter can factor in what they'd like and make up their own mind, that's the fun of it!), is that then Julmae is champion 2-year old filly.

It just doesn't feel to me like it's a huge slight for her not to get it when My Option is the other option.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 02:16:53 PM »

The Pat Whitworth? Are they doing away with the race??

I could be wrong on this, but isn't that one of the races that AP cut?
dana

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 03:39:32 PM »

The Pat Whitworth is ran towards the end of year at Hawthorne. Lets hope they continue to have the Jim Edgar and Pat Whitworth. These races are named after people who were important to the Illinois Racing Industry.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 05:21:57 PM »

The Pat Whitworth is ran towards the end of year at Hawthorne. Lets hope they continue to have the Jim Edgar and Pat Whitworth. These races are named after people who were important to the Illinois Racing Industry.

I doubt it is going anywhere, I think it is funded by nominations, but I guess there could be a reduction considering that there is a IL Bred foal reduction continuing to happen
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 05:26:09 PM »

Fair enough.

I think the only problem for me with taking that approach (and of course every voter can factor in what they'd like and make up their own mind, that's the fun of it!), is that then Julmae is champion 2-year old filly.

It just doesn't feel to me like it's a huge slight for her not to get it when My Option is the other option.

I guess I am more questioning the reason for a 2 year old champ considering that Arlington maybe runs 7 IL bred Maiden races and Hawthorne might run 4 (for each sex). That is a pool of 11 horses to choose from.

You did probably take the best of the 'worst' which sometimes you have to do. 
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 10:45:39 PM »

Thanks for the clarification, I screwith up!  Mixed the races up with Arlington races.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 02:21:50 AM »

The Pizza Man would be top on my list.  As usual, great blog.
Table Gambler
If you mess with the BULL you will get the HORNS!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 09:51:14 AM »

Any Results out there for Illinois Champions for 2012?
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 07:59:43 PM »

I'm a huge fan of River Bear. He is currently training sensationally.
Table Gambler

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »

I'm a huge fan of River Bear. He is currently training sensationally.
Isn't he 8 now? Good to hear he is doing well thumbs up
Table Gambler

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »

Congrats to all the Champions for all divisions Male & Female and 2012 Horse of the Year Ioya Bigtime trophy horse
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: