Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 05:04:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brice Cote New Integrity Czar At Gural Tracks  (Read 1363 times)
Slim Russ

Ignore
« on: February 02, 2013, 12:30:20 PM »

Former Driver Heads Integrity Efforts

Meadowlands' Jeff Gural has found his man to lead the effort to detect and deter the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs) and any other unscrupulous practices that affect the racing product at The Meadowlands, Tioga & Vernon Downs.

On Saturday, The Meadowlands announced that Brice Cote has been given the task of maintaining the integrity at Gural's three tracks. Cote has an impressive background in this arena, having previously served as a detective in the Racetrack Unit for the New Jersey State Police for 10 years. Cote was part of the enforcement squad that investigated the Seldon Ledford Stable back in 2006, and prior to that drove horses in New Jersey in the 1980s and early '90s.

“I was raised around horses and they continue to be a large part of my life,” said Cote. “When I learned of Jeff Gural’s intention to address PEDs in racing, I knew that I wanted to be involved.

“We will follow the facts in our efforts to protect the integrity of racing. The goal is to provide the customer a legitimate, dependable product upon which to wager and the horsemen a fair chance to compete within the rules.”…………..
 (with files from The Meadowlands)
(Standardbredcanada.com)

http://articles.philly.com/2006-04-04/news/25394878_1_harness-driver-harness-racing-communications-dead-horse

Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 12:54:39 PM »

first thing look at the BURKE STABLE

may the horse be with you
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »

Brice Cote might be the nephew of Canadian HOF driver Benoit Cote. The good Dancer Hanover horse, Rite Retort, was one that he handled. He liked to stay close to home at Blue Bonnets, but he also raced in New England and across the Northeast.
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »

Brice Cote might be the nephew of Canadian HOF driver Benoit Cote. The good Dancer Hanover horse, Rite Retort, was one that he handled. He liked to stay close to home at Blue Bonnets, but he also raced in New England and across the Northeast.

I hope that will help him catch cheats. screwy screwy screwy
NJGUY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 01:15:12 PM »

Brice Cote is the son of trainer Del Cote.  I remember seeing something on the Meadowlands
show years ago.  He was also a good Baseball Player back then too.
bigmfan22

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 01:27:31 PM »

Former Driver Heads Integrity Efforts

Meadowlands' Jeff Gural has found his man to lead the effort to detect and deter the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs) and any other unscrupulous practices that affect the racing product at The Meadowlands, Tioga & Vernon Downs.

On Saturday, The Meadowlands announced that Brice Cote has been given the task of maintaining the integrity at Gural's three tracks. Cote has an impressive background in this arena, having previously served as a detective in the Racetrack Unit for the New Jersey State Police for 10 years. Cote was part of the enforcement squad that investigated the Seldon Ledford Stable back in 2006, and prior to that drove horses in New Jersey in the 1980s and early '90s.

“I was raised around horses and they continue to be a large part of my life,” said Cote. “When I learned of Jeff Gural’s intention to address PEDs in racing, I knew that I wanted to be involved.

“We will follow the facts in our efforts to protect the integrity of racing. The goal is to provide the customer a legitimate, dependable product upon which to wager and the horsemen a fair chance to compete within the rules.”…………..
 (with files from The Meadowlands)
(Standardbredcanada.com)

http://articles.philly.com/2006-04-04/news/25394878_1_harness-driver-harness-racing-communications-dead-horse

HE BOTCHED THE LEDFORD CASE UP SO BAD THAT THEY DIDNT CATCH THE GUY WHO WAS DOING ALL THE DIRTY WORK ERIC LEDFRAUD HIMSELF. LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG GUY TO ME.
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »

from 1974 USTA Handbook bio:

Exceptionally clean-cut young man, has thorough knowledge of sport, and he makes a good impression for the sport on all with whom he talks. He is no relation to Ben Cote.

Regards Don
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 01:38:36 PM »

Brice Cote is the son of trainer Del Cote.  I remember seeing something on the Meadowlands
show years ago.  He was also a good Baseball Player back then too.

from 1974 USTA Handbook and Del's bio:
Graduated from Caribou, Maine, High School in 1955. Attended Springfield College, Springfield, Mass., majoring in physical education. He earned four letters in basketball and three in baseball in high school and lettered in track and cross country in college. He was president of the junior class and student council in high school.

His father purchased several Standardbreds to race as a hobby at northern Maine fairs, with Del doing much of the driving. He drove and won his first start, at Houlton, Maine, in 1953. Married the former Greta Eppling, of Caribou, Maine, in 1956, where he held the post of Assistant Recreation Director for Caribou, Maine.

Regards Don
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 01:39:39 PM »

from July 2006.

At disciplinary hearings conducted by a Racing Commission panel at Freehold Raceway in April, State Police Detective Sgt. Brice Cote testified that authorities had been working on the case for 18 months.

Rotella said the statement by Cote and the ensuing time lapse has led him to believe that authorities will be unable to make a grand jury investigation because the case isn't strong enough.

Regards Don
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 04:56:28 PM »

States don't have the budget to prosecute these type of cases, so they plea out almost always. Didn't Ledford get popped for steroids, the case of epo that Dailey supposedly had in the fridge never made it to the light of day. I heard all kinds of rumors about that case, shockwave machine in barn, horse died and left till monday because all the racing people were there on the weekend, etc. Alot was left on the table but i don't think it was Cote's fault. Glad Gural at least cares somewhat, DE and PA don't give a shit...

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »

Agree, that stable stinks like epo.
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 06:28:42 PM »

I heard all kinds of rumors about that case,

yea, we hear them all the time.....have you met juicejunkie? laughing guy

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 06:32:41 PM »

SHOULD BE FIRST ONE TO BE CAUGHT.IF HE TRIES
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 06:44:08 PM »

Agree, that stable stinks like epo.

but, but then WHY did you choose the burke horse to win the first at the swamp last night? dunno

Race 1 #8, 2nd start back off a short rest and qualifier.  
Made first start at Jonkers and won from the 6.
Not much in here, Erv's horse won 11 of 18 last year, but was beating nobodies in the midwest.   Last week really dont have must excuse for not prevailing.

I think Magic Starlight is on the uphill Burke trend now.
Hoping for 2/1.

the disire to make a buck over ride your juicejunkie platform/ethics? head shake
 laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

another:

BURIAL! thumbs up

jj=open mouth insert foot. nyah
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:45:43 PM by cecil127 » Report to moderator   Logged

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 06:56:23 PM »

SHOULD BE FIRST ONE TO BE CAUGHT.IF HE TRIES

Yep, from a gambling aspect it is brutal.   He brought in a few price horses already this meet.   But it seems when he isn't bet he don't have gas in tank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: