Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 08:32:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Was The Best FFA Pacer Of The Last Several Years?  (Read 732 times)
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »

The amazing thing about Cam’s four-year-old campaign was that he lost six of his first eight starts. Perfect Out beat him a couple of times, once on a DQ; Midas Almahurst beat him; J.D.’s Buck beat him……He started in February and finished up in December that year.

Report to moderator   Logged
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 05:34:24 PM »

Lets go back a bit.  How about On The Road Again.  Cam Fella also.  Do you remember the match
race with It's Fritz? 

Wasn't OTRA also retired after his 4 y.o campaign?

The Cam Fella - Its Fritz race was not a match race. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcOSEJG73qM

FOILED AGAIN JUST BECAUSE OF HIS LONGEVITY AT SUCH A HIGH CAILBRE,,,,,PLUS MONEY EARNED IS UNREAL

I got into this conversation on ITS & compared Foiled Again with Gallo Blue Chip.  I was surprised to find that overall, Foiled Again had the better stats.  Yes, longevity has been ultra-impressive.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »

Wasn't OTRA also retired after his 4 y.o campaign?

The Cam Fella - Its Fritz race was not a match race. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcOSEJG73qM

I got into this conversation on ITS & compared Foiled Again with Gallo Blue Chip.  I was surprised to find that overall, Foiled Again had the better stats.  Yes, longevity has been ultra-impressive.

OTRA won 22 of his 30 starts at four and earned a million dollars. Six of those losses were by less than a length. He was retired to Blue Chip Farm.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 06:17:23 PM »

Six of those losses were by less than a length.

Is that like the NFL team who goes 9-7 but all 7 losses were by less than a TD but they didn't make the playoffs?  dunno

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that an FFA's career starts as a 4 y.o. so I wouldn't include Cam or OTRA although I did love to watch both horses.

Shouldn't Cam Fella's stats have an ** next to them because Pat Crowe was his driver?  Even Clint Galbraith had a career before & after Niatross.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »

Some of OTRA's tight losses were pretty honorable. He lost to George S in a :55.3 mile at Yonkers. OTRA was parked the mile. He closed four lengths on Guts at M1 and wound up a neck short. He was first over for three quarters in a race at Yonkers and lost to Division Street by a nose.

He  won at a mile and an eighth and a mile and a half that year.

His best performers were fillies like Delinquent Account and Sara Loren Road. There was money to be made in the NYSS and his fillies made it, but being in that niche helped him and where were his sons?
jdizigg

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »

Some of OTRA's tight losses were pretty honorable. He lost to George S in a :55.3 mile at Yonkers. OTRA was parked the mile. He closed four lengths on Guts at M1 and wound up a neck short. He was first over for three quarters in a race at Yonkers and lost to Division Street by a nose.

He  won at a mile and an eighth and a mile and a half that year.

His best performers were fillies like Delinquent Account and Sara Loren Road. There was money to be made in the NYSS and his fillies made it, but being in that niche helped him and where were his sons?

Delinquent Account not to shabby as a broodmare either....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: