Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 26, 2014, 01:08:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Illinois Residents in Top 3 at NHC  (Read 2252 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 09:33:01 AM »

You were stirring the shit, and you got caught.

Dude .... I did EXACTLY the same thing as you did last year. Were you stirring shit, O fatuous one?
Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2013, 09:36:29 AM »

Yet your numerous anti-Sheets posts here make an ill-advised attempt at deriding the Sheets users and creators as a whole, with comments regarding Sheets use like "the aligning of the chicken bones". What, *now* you are going to give Jerry Brown et. al. some credit?

I've said all along he makes good speed numbers, and that's why the various trainers buy his numbers. Numbers as yet unreleased to the public are also the basis of the bloodstock advisor business - they're not selling "looks like he might circle back to a new top, but then again, maybe not."

The various chicken bone pattern reading, that's still chicken bone reading. When it's done publicly, it's wrong more often than it's right, and is generally a spectacular public failure on big race days. The only time it seems to work out is in retrospect, or redboarding.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:41:53 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 02:59:58 PM »

He was there on the third floor this past meet, even through the end of the december, saw him there the last time i was at the races. Congrats to Jim! Dont know him personally but have seen him around the track since my teen years when i first started going and know he does it for a living which is a much bigger feat than winning some contest, the contest win and prize money im sure is just icing on the cake for his career as a professional horseplayer(how many people you think can say they are this over the course of decades?). wonder if he takes a little break this spring or a lighter schedule overall going forward, hes definately eanred it!

Is this still true? How many times have you been to Hawthorne in the past year?

Even if it's a good guess, I still say you are guessing. ThoroGraph has picked up quite a few new users in the past two years while you have been away from the track. (Or is it more? You DO know about dime supers, right?  Grin )

amtino06

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »

Interview with Benes is out:

http://www.drf.com/news/qa-jim-benes-winning-2013-national-handicapping-championship

'What information do you consider essential? I use Daily Racing Program, because it has pace figures. John Walsh (director of simulcasting at Hawthorne) printed out the Friday past performances for me before I left, and I did the work on the plane going out there. He helped me download the Saturday PPís for Daily Racing Program, but I got such a late start that I ended up with a lot of optional plays late in the day, and it turned out that helped a lot. If I had fired with my optional plays earlier, I could have lost. Iíve been reading the Racing Form since I was in grade school. Iím not a sheet player. I donít have a computer program. I just feel comfortable with my own handicapping.'
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2013, 01:25:14 AM »

Wow. Interesting article..And I thought I looked at the form and watched HRTV too much! lol. Jim deserves the title. He outworks everyone.
Minidar

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2013, 02:36:13 AM »

WELL PLAYED!
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2013, 03:45:27 PM »

I know he wants his space.  I 'm also an on track introvert, but I'd like to see a one day documentary on him betting  illinois tracks only. I'm amazed he can make it his profession without wagering on some bigger tracks.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »

I know he wants his space.  I 'm also an on track introvert, but I'd like to see a one day documentary on him betting  illinois tracks only. I'm amazed he can make it his profession without wagering on some bigger tracks.

I have to imagine it would be hard for him (and others) to maintain it as a profession if Dick Duchossois got his way and eliminated half the racing year. I knew some guys who used to make it their profession back in the day and couldn't deal with it when Arlington went from six racing days down to five ... just not enough plays. Imagine now with just the four.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: