Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 08:56:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Illinois Residents in Top 3 at NHC  (Read 2360 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 02:22:13 PM »

No, you are merely assuming things that I neither wrote nor inferred. 

You're full of crap.

A guy won the NHC apparently using just the DRF that you constantly deride, and you can't stand it.

Get over it, and be happy for him.
Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 03:37:24 PM »

You're full of crap.

A guy won the NHC apparently using just the DRF that you constantly deride, and you can't stand it.

Get over it, and be happy for him.

Better check yourself -- you're wrong again. And again.

I'm happy for Jim. He's a nice guy, a sharp handicapper, and since he is a "Hawthorne regular", I'm doubly pleased. I already told him so.

Never EVER said that I don't like the DRF. Ever. My complaint is with the Beyer numbers, and how sloppy they have become over the years. I don't trust *any* numbers that come out of a system where the basic scale seems to change with the wind. (That's MY opinion of the Beyer numbers, and if you don't agree with it, so what? You ain't gambling on horses much anyway.)

And you yourself couldn't express any joy for Jim winning without taking a shot at the Sheets, so...who is full of crap, again? You keep stirring the shit here, and some is bound to get on you.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »

Better check yourself -- you're wrong again. And again.

Nope, sorry, you're full of crap and fuming. That's that.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 04:20:37 PM »

Nope, sorry, you're full of crap and fuming. That's that.

Your own personal "double fantasy". Nothing I've written today supports it.

Try to piss in someone else's Post Toasties. And stand closer...  nyah
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 04:34:04 PM »

Your own personal "double fantasy". Nothing I've written today supports it.

Sure. Your whole "well, maybe he is a closet sheets user" fantasy.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Congrats to Jim Benes, and congrats to players anywhere who can do it without the sheets crutch or the constant bragging about how great & important the sheets are.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »

Sure. Your whole "well, maybe he is a closet sheets user" fantasy.

How contrived...not to mention the deceitful use of quotes to attribute something to me that came solely from your fervent imagination.

Congrats to Jim Benes, and congrats to players anywhere who can do it without the sheets crutch or the constant bragging about how great & important the sheets are.

How sad that you can't just give the guy his due, without constantly reminding us of your real agenda.
tapetea

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 05:48:07 PM »

Re: The Sheets

Anyone know what's going on with The Sheets since the sale? Anyone notice any difference? Nothing new at their website .... been the same since day 1 on the internet.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 06:12:36 PM »

How sad that you can't just give the guy his due, without constantly reminding us of your real agenda.

I've given the guy his due several times. You're the one who is fighting the idea of him having done it sans sheets, tooth and nail.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 06:13:09 PM »

Anyone know what's going on with The Sheets since the sale? Anyone notice any difference? Nothing new at their website .... been the same since day 1 on the internet.

Their forum seems a lot more civil than is used to be.

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 10:46:01 AM »

My complaint is with the Beyer numbers, and how sloppy they have become over the years. I don't trust *any* numbers that come out of a system where the basic scale seems to change with the wind.

You are correct about how inconsistent the Beyer numbers have become. There is a definite bias to give NY horses a higher number. I always lower the number by 8-10 from a NY Beyer fig to a California Beyer fig.
tapetea

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 07:10:12 PM »

I always lower the number by 8-10 from a NY Beyer fig to a California Beyer fig.

Roll Eyes

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ....

Seems that Thoro-Graph lost out on the photo. TGJB suggesting the guy in second place is a practitioner.  dunno

He also seems to be saying that one out of four in the contest are Thoro-Graph subscribersdunno Not sure what that really means. I subscribe to a lot of data providers that I never use.
tapetea

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »

Their forum seems a lot more civil than is used to be.

I never frequent that board. I'll take your word for it ... i'm too lazy to dig out my username and password. They should then toss the board restrictions if everything is peachy keen.

RE: Civility

Yeah, the "Sheet Wars" have been replaced by the "Beyer Wars."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 07:39:46 PM »

RE: Civility

Yeah, the "Sheet Wars" have been replaced by the "Beyer Wars."

There's no real rational reason for the many years of sheets users continually waging war on Beyer and his figs. If you don't user Beyer figs, and you're getting along fine with your sheets figs or Colt's Neck or whatever, what possible difference can Beyer figs make to you? If you think they're bad numbers, you're happy the masses are using them, because it's more money in your pocket.

And to be fair most of the guys getting along and going about their business don't wage that war. They just quietly go about their business of making money wagering, just like Jim Benes and players like him do. They're too busy making money. It's only the insecure ones, the ones who have some need to publicly justify to themselves and the world why they're so much smarter and pay that extra money, aka the "sheetheads", who continually yap about it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:46:34 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

alydar66

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51:14 PM »

Roll Eyes

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ....

Seems that Thoro-Graph lost out on the photo. TGJB suggesting the guy in second place is a practitioner.  dunno

He also seems to be saying that one out of four in the contest are Thoro-Graph subscribersdunno Not sure what that really means. I subscribe to a lot of data providers that I never use.
Every year Thorograph provides free sheets to all the contestants of the NHC and World Series tournaments in exchange for the right to claim them as Thorograph users if they win or do well in the tournament.
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 09:17:18 PM »

I use the form. I watch replays and have my own system of angles that I implement. It's basically information that I'm using....not so much the BSF. If everyone picked horses on who had the last highest fig.....you're ROI would suck!
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »

It's only the insecure ones, the ones who have some need to publicly justify...

Who was the first poster to mention the Sheets in this thread, and why?

There are *many* kinds of insecurity here, it seems.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 11:09:18 PM »

Every year Thorograph provides free sheets to all the contestants of the NHC and World Series tournaments in exchange for the right to claim them as Thorograph users if they win or do well in the tournament.

Not true.

ThoroGraph provides free Sheets to existing ThoroGraph customers only for these contests -- not "all contestants" (BrisNet was doing that for a few years with their Ultimate PP's). You can't just show up at the TG web site 3 days before a contest, join their forum, and start getting free product.

Re: another poster's question regarding TG "subscribers", Jerry Brown simply means existing TG customers; some buy a little, some buy the daily limit ($120) every race day, and some have carved out their own deals. There's nothing shady going on with their "subscriber" claim, but if you think TG is going to provide you or me with a detailed customer list and their spending habits, dream on.

The money TG gets from regular horseplayers helps pay the light bill, but their real bread and butter is acting as advisers to horse buyers. Jerry and crew have advised the purchases of 87 stakes winners, including Victory Gallop, Da Hoss, Student Council, and Rachel Alexandra. Owner Ro Parra (Millenium Farms) says that he didn't start competing in stakes races on a regular basis until 2003, when he started using TG as a consultant on horse race purchases.

These TG guys are some of the smartest horsepeople in the game. If you can forget about the uniformed anti-Sheets vitriol found here (from bitter lost souls and bustouts who hardly ever gamble on horses anymore), and you consider yourself to be a serious horseplayer (or you aspire to be one), but the DRF alone just isn't getting the job done for you, I urge you to go out to www.thorograph.com, and have a look around.

I am willing to help anyone find what they need there, or help interpret Sheets, symbols and patterns as needed. Don't forget, I don't consider myself to be a TG expert -- I continue to try to learn and improve every day -- but I'll either help you or direct you to someone that can.
tapetea

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 11:28:17 PM »

Re: another poster's question regarding TG "subscribers", Jerry Brown simply means existing TG customers; some buy a little, some buy the daily limit ($120) every race day, and some have carved out their own deals. There's nothing shady going on with their "subscriber" claim, but if you think TG is going to provide you or me with a detailed customer list and their spending habits, dream on.

Only reason I mentioned it was because TGJB wrote on his website that less than half the Thoro-Graph guys in the contest resonded for free sheets ... at that point in time. It was like 18 out of 50+ people.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 12:12:17 AM »

Im a brisnet premium guy.  Ive been back to drf since using tablets because when I would try to download brisnet premium on tablets it gave me the condensed version.  And I need 10-12 pps because im a pattern handicapper.   You cant find patterns in condensed pps.  I agree with stivo if everyone played last out high fig you wouldnt have a good roi.  Lumber guy was a prime example.  Had a high fig yet word was out not doing good in drysdale barn.   There are more factors than last out figs.  I like to see if theyve hit a high fig in the past rather than last out.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 12:48:12 AM »

Other forums are giving the day 1 leader a hard time for slipping to fourth place.  I saw "the maven" didnt even get purse money.  Needed to be in top 40.  Dropped to the sixties.  And he had some very bravado quotes after day 1.  Instead he bricked worse than dwight howard at the free throw line.  Ouch.  Tough game.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 01:02:52 AM »

Who was the first poster to mention the Sheets in this thread, and why?

I was. It's rooting for the home team - Jim Benes, Hawthorne, and non-sheetheads.

You know how rooting for the home team works, right?

Fellow ThoroGraph user Michael Beychok hits the last race at Golden Gate with his last optional play...and ekes out the win by a margin of $1.00...

For the MILLION!

WTG, Michael!  trophy
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:34:43 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 01:16:57 AM »

These TG guys are some of the smartest horsepeople in the game.

There's no doubt they're sharp. It's their far less sharp "sheethead" followers who give them the bad rap.

If you can forget about the uniformed anti-Sheets vitriol found here

"Uniformed"? Like the cops?

and you consider yourself to be a serious horseplayer (or you aspire to be one), but the DRF alone just isn't getting the job done for you, I urge you to go out to www.thorograph.com, and have a look around.

Dude ... you're responding to alydar66 here, who has already proved himself as a much sharper horse player than you on this forum. Get a grip on the size of your sheethead ... 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:19:30 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 06:29:49 AM »

I was. It's rooting for the home team - Jim Benes, Hawthorne, and non-sheetheads.

You know how rooting for the home team works, right?

You were stirring the shit, and you got caught.

Of course, you will opine that it's the exact same thing I was doing last year, which is fine: it's the only way I can get you to 'fess up about *your* misdeeds, Mr. Perfect -- even if indirectly so.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:17:22 AM by HorseVoice » Report to moderator   Logged
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 06:59:31 AM »

There's no doubt they're sharp. It's their far less sharp "sheethead" followers who give them the bad rap.

Yet your numerous anti-Sheets posts here make an ill-advised attempt at deriding the Sheets users and creators as a whole, with comments regarding Sheets use like "the aligning of the chicken bones". What, *now* you are going to give Jerry Brown et. al. some credit? If he is in fact a sharp guy, could it be that ( :::gasp::: ) the handicapping products he sells are actually worth the money?

"Uniformed"? Like the cops?

A spelling error, shoot me. This is all you got?

Dude ... you're responding to alydar66 here, who has already proved himself as a much sharper horse player than you on this forum.

Perhaps he is, but his statement that TG provided free Sheets to ALL NHC contestants is incorrect. That was the first part of my response.

The second part, I clearly identified as a response to another poster.

The third part, from which you took your excerpt, wasn't addressed to alydar66 or anyone in particular. I didn't feel like a new, separate post was warranted; I still don't, as most Forum readers as sharp enough to recognize a multi-point post.

You seemed to have some sort of mystical ability to transcend my simple words and look deep into my soul earlier in this thread, finding my alleged hidden meanings and feelings with which I am still unfamiliar, and now...you can't even detect a simple segue from one topic to another? What happened to you? Did you buy your Internet Forum Decoder Ring at Radio Shack? Because, dude, it sucks! (There, decode that.)
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 07:02:44 AM »

Only reason I mentioned it was because TGJB wrote on his website that less than half the Thoro-Graph guys in the contest resonded for free sheets ... at that point in time. It was like 18 out of 50+ people.

Never saw that, only the final tally that showed 57 TG customers were in the NHC contest, and 43 responded to the offer to receive free product.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: