Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 31, 2014, 03:39:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who doesn't like Freehold????? race 2 bridge jump  (Read 389 times)
FVRedhot

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2013, 01:04:14 PM »

on a trotter too boot. 

6 horse field tossing the favorite out.  3 inside numbers.  Free money!

51.40  18.40  7.00  show prices

and the 51.40 horse was the best horse.  Last week he toured the track and was caught behind a horse that probably stopped to about 18mph before the open stretch while others were up near 30.
Report to moderator   Logged
bello

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »

I missed the bridge jumper. Didn't look as I was wouldn't expect a bridgejump on a 1-14 trotter at Freehold
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 01:30:37 PM »

I just happened to have the tote window open and saw it, yet could not believe it. 

It was only a $500 bet at the time, but it represented 85% of the pool so I put $10 to show on the inside 4 horses.  It was not like the 3K at Northfield where you can put 20-50 per horse if you want, but still, with net pool pricing there is little risk.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:33:02 PM »

Were you able to profit from Baggit running up on Pantealanos back in race 3 and breaking?
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 01:43:50 PM »

I passed that race.  I really don't like guessing and with no prior knowledge of the 5's ability I just watched.  His 5 wins made him look far superior, but I've found betting what I know as opposed to what I think is the way to go. 

How have you been the past year? (it's been a while since we "spoke")
bello

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 01:53:54 PM »

Been well Red Hot.....Hopefully you as well.

Handicapping wise, I have been soured some by my main track Northfield on and off for awhile, but always seem to migrate back because it's the easiest place for me to make money. Me and a couple of other guys have a regular Northfield thread most racing night at the lightning lane site.

Other than that, it's Charles Town where I have found an uncanny ability to hit the P3's and P4's without spreading too much. And I cassionally pick up Freehold. I though today was an easy card and posted a few at the other site. All losers. So .uch for an easy card.

Hopefully your doing ok.
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 02:13:27 PM »

Glad to hear all is well.  Things here are well, and I get up every day happy to have another opportunity or 10. 

Northfield has soured for me lately too.  I'm not sure I like the "new" kids on the block.  They dominate, but they seem to go dead a lot.   If you look at my account history Northfield towers over all other single tracks in terms of lifetime handle, but lately I all but ignore it.  I do enjoy Friday since there are plenty of other tracks to play so I might as well have Northfield on too, but as for the days of watching every race with interest and intent, they are gone and all but forgotten. 

bello

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 02:29:20 PM »

Yep, it's a shame so many of us feel the same about Northfield. My calls and emails to management fall on deaf ears. Not even an acknowledgement of receipt. And all of us regulars know exactly who the bad actors are and what the issues are. If you follow a place as regularly as you and I have followed certain tracks, little gets by us. Somehow so much gets by track management and judges.
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 03:04:39 PM »

Luckily for us there are plenty of alternatives to betting a specific harness track.  I love the sport, and I mean LOVE, but hardly need it in any certain form.  I've lost things I've loved before and the days still move.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 03:22:52 PM »

The Meadowlands blocks show bets against bridge jumpers.  Saturday I noticed some heavy show money on Mucho Macho Man down at Gulfstream on a very sloppy track.

Tried to make a show bet, but the swamp wouldn't take it.

I wrote to Gural and told me how angry that made me -- he said he would pass along the information.

ps, Mucho Macho Man did not like the footing and was off the board.
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 03:34:34 PM »

The Big M actually did not permit show wagering despite the host track's allowance?  I know the site where the bet is placed is on the hook for the negative pool, but I would think Bluegrass Downs might be more the type of place to bar it, not the Big M.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 03:48:41 PM »

The Big M actually did not permit show wagering despite the host track's allowance?  I know the site where the bet is placed is on the hook for the negative pool, but I would think Bluegrass Downs might be more the type of place to bar it, not the Big M.

I've run into the same issue at the othe NJ spots (i.e., Monmouth, Favorites in Woodbridge).

The strange thing is they took a W-P-S bet, but no straight show bet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: