Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 04:41:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Faces At Cal-Expo Getting Asses Whopped  (Read 3050 times)
JerseyBruceHarness

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »

Cal Expo not exactly welcoming of new drivers and trainers.

Many new horses and horsemen went west but have not quite found gold in them thar hills.  If these guys don't win a few, the ain't gonna be back.  Some were decent drivers here, but somewhere along they way, they got lost.

Evan Coblenz 45-0-0-2 (UDR = .015)  This guy really does suck
Mike Eaton 108-7-7-14 (UDR = .144)
Mike Jarvis 113-10-9-7 (UDR = .153)
Robert Gassien 34-0-4-7 (UDR = .134)

Anyone have an idea of why with such a weak group of guys to begin with out there, these 4 can hardly buy a win (and two really have none!)?
Report to moderator   Logged
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:36:07 PM »

This is nothing new. They have been doing this for years. Steal their best horses by claiming them then buy their other horses at reduced prices before they leave because they don't want to haul all them back plus, they need money to pay for gas to get out of there. People come to Cal Expo thinking the weather will be nice and sunny (  WRONG ) and it will be easy to make money with their horses ( WRONG AS WELL ). Guaranteed they won't come back even if they intice them by giving them an incentive bonus for shipping new horses there. The purses aren't good enough to travel 2500 miles one way for. Especially if you get your head bashed in.
The only way things change there is all the old people running every aspect of racing including the test barn either retire for good or just die off. Otherwise things will remain status quo. So many horsemen came for one season to Cal Expo even from BC and said that is enough.
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:08:09 PM »

They're good for 4th in the superfecta's.

thumbs up
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:33 PM »

None of the New England Eaton's can drive.

Anybody know if Dick is still GM at CalX?

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:42:50 PM »

NO MORE FEINBERG. SCHICK IS BACK IN...

horse shoe

"NOBODY HAS W-2G NUMBERS LIKE ME... THUS, AN EXCLUSIVE INVITATION FROM TVG/BIG M TO COMPETE IN THE 2009/2010/2011 NHHC TOURNAMENT"; ALSO, ASK ME ABOUT REBATE$...
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 03:43:08 AM »

What's funny I was talking to one of our local trainers the other night about why he sold a certain horse back to the previous owner after he had done Ok with the horse back east?
He told me it was easier back east.
I no of one kid bought a horse very reasonable from Anthrop and came back won with the horse and next wk the same race the winner won in 154 and his horse went in 157 and was forth.
This has always been the situation at Calexpo you never know when a cheap 3 claimer will pop off a 154.
In fact the other day I saw one trainer loading up horses to turn out from back east . I just shook my head .
The track was so screwed up I think the first few months I know it destroyed many horses just like racing on asphalt.
I don't think the driving of Eaton is all that bad . But how can you compete against guys who are known out here and are going to get the better horses.
I had hoped it would work out for for these shippers but hell feed is very high out here and the 10 and 11 horse fields is just insane.im mean my god loll at the cards ?
Which means u will have 5 and 6 horses not getting shit !
20 for lasix 20 for drive 40 for paddock why bother?Huh
The way some of the lower classes are written on the condition sheet hell u can have a 10 claimer dropping in for 3000 just crazy.i have seen this many horses here in a longtime .
But here's what's even funnier the locals that race back east at running aces most want to leave and get out of here and they are doing well here .
The wheather is cold next to that river at Calexpo and many horses have been sick and u want to bet most of those owners never gave those horses any immunization shots to those horses?

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 03:47:34 AM »

By the way where are all the posters that complained about the small fields and only maken 20 cents well it sure the hell isn't the case now the pik 5 and pik4 are great size pools and with theses lower level 10 and 11 horse fields any thing can happen.

Bruce Clark can certainly drive a pulling sob!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:11:54 AM by fuzzypants » Report to moderator   Logged

pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 07:40:21 AM »

Last time Dick was GM of the harness was when Los Al last raced there.....fall of 99 into the beginning of 2000.
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 12:46:24 PM »

Is Evan Coblentz loaded ? He is libel to show up just about anywhere with the same dead stock, yet keeps racing....

I think the only driver/trainer more travelled than him may be Brad Irvine..... who coincidentally also has landed at Cal Expo..... Maybe they shared a bag of grain and split the gas money to head west....
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 12:53:22 PM »

Last time Dick was GM of the harness was when Los Al last raced there.....fall of 99 into the beginning of 2000.

No, Dick was GM at PPK until about 2007 or so, then was hired by CalX.

Fuzzy, I can hardly understand your post.  Trying to but really can't know what's in your mind.

Is the gist here that horses can't ship in to CalX for their huge $2400 purses?  Because the most successful angle on longshots is to play a shipper 1st or 2nd start in.  I'm not saying their any good in the long run but CalX has some of the worst horsemen around.  Luke Plano?  You've got to be kidding!

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 02:08:44 PM »

Fuzzy, I can hardly understand your post.  Trying to but really can't know what's in your mind.

Is the gist here that horses can't ship in to CalX for their huge $2400 purses?  Because the most successful angle on longshots is to play a shipper 1st or 2nd start in.  I'm not saying their any good in the long run but CalX has some of the worst horsemen around.  Luke Plano?  You've got to be kidding!

Dick might have came to CalX after Schick resigned in 2007 but, he wasn't there very long when the SHA moved in and had to give up the meet due to financial problems. CalX fair board took the meet over until this last November. Don't know where Dick went after his brief stint at CalX.

As for your comment about horsemen at CalX.....lots of them are juice and go. They are good at juicing but, taking care of a horse is another thing. Just remember some of the best juicers came right from California racing and they passed along their knowledge which they still use today.
rycommon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 03:32:14 PM »

just my observation.  we didn't get the top drivers coming out west.   they also bought their cheaper horses to unload.

ray
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »

How does Mike Eaton NOT win race 4 at Cal-Expo?

He has PP1 w/Windy City Paige at 7-2.

All 8 fall in post-position order at the 1/4.........as sychronistic as you've ever seen.

He goes a little over 1 minute to the 1/2 w/no pressure.

Photo's for 3rd at the wire.

head shake
BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 10:22:21 PM »

Time: 30:4, 1:00:2, 1:29:4, 1:58:4

dunno

"NOBODY HAS W-2G NUMBERS LIKE ME... THUS, AN EXCLUSIVE INVITATION FROM TVG/BIG M TO COMPETE IN THE 2009/2010/2011 NHHC TOURNAMENT"; ALSO, ASK ME ABOUT REBATE$...
BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 04:35:00 PM »

UPDATED...

COBLENTZ 0-51
GASSIEN 0-42

trotter

PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 04:37:29 PM »

UPDATED...

COBLENTZ 0-51
GASSIEN 0-42

trotter

THEY ARE DUE  Bomb
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 05:20:26 PM »

Coblentz wins nowhere.
Who ever thought Mike Eaton was any good?
He can't win any of those phony races at Plainridge.
After watching Prc for a number of years, I am convinced that it is not real racing.
The guys take turns trying to pay some bills..
The drivers basically suck (as does Eaton), and the horses are pretty weak..
Not sure how they stay open there..
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 07:07:38 PM »

Coblentz wins nowhere.
Who ever thought Mike Eaton was any good?
He can't win any of those phony races at Plainridge.
After watching Prc for a number of years, I am convinced that it is not real racing.
The guys take turns trying to pay some bills..
The drivers basically suck (as does Eaton), and the horses are pretty weak..
Not sure how they stay open there..
Driver change with Luke anthrop horse won

Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 07:19:50 PM »

Driver change with Luke anthrop horse won

Thursday night Luke got one of his home. 
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 03:10:13 AM »

Thursday night Luke got one of his home. 
Didn't one of them win another tonight.

fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 03:16:01 AM »

Dolan sorry but I don't have a mine or I would not own horses.

Oh and welcome to cal juice 101!

BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 02:24:18 PM »

UPDATED...

COBLENTZ 0-54
GASSIEN 0-45

trotter

BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 02:25:14 PM »

THEY ARE DUE  Bomb
OVERDUE

horse shoe

rycommon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 04:26:28 PM »

they are done

ray
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 06:58:12 PM »

God I've talk to so many that have sick horses lame horses .

One trainer with a new claim to fame horse got one win and broke down !
God they are not even embarrassed and ashame they walk to the winner circle while the hole entire grandstand talks about them bearing juicing and their horse going forward backward .
Then acting all proud like the show "idiot abroad "
How can any one be so proud of being a cheat ?!???
Actually feel sorry for the new guys here they get to get beat by the scum of the scum in California hoped they would be able to compete at a competitive level.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:03:43 PM by fuzzypants » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: