Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 30, 2014, 03:37:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ira Smolin: Who Is He ?  (Read 2140 times)
Charlie J Croft

« on: January 23, 2013, 12:59:37 AM »

I have been following harness racing for close to 20 years . I love the game and and am sorry to see it in decline. But who is this Ira Smolin that everyone talks about. Is he an official of some sort trying to save the game? Its very confusing.
Who is this man ?
Report to moderator   Logged
ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:44:20 AM »

He's just an innocent old guy, father of Chicago harness driver, former driver for a bit back in day, has worked for track, recently hit a pick 5 for big $ n ppl have all sorts of crazy theories where he phoned the stewards and threatened violence if they didn't leave a horse up after an inquiry, it's all BS in my opinion but who knows, that's just my take
Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:17 AM »

He and his son..... are either guilty of things by their own words or actions or guilty by association... It's a hard knock to loose! bang head
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:02:38 AM by Hardline » Report to moderator   Logged
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 08:12:55 AM »

IRA AND BOBBY SMOLIN ARE BOTH DRAMA QUEENS ...
Amazing how much trouble these two have gotten into over the past few years . Chicago needs the bad press caused by these two like a broken hobble in a million dollar race ....
TrimTab

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »

Just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her  screwy screwy screwy
Charlie J Croft

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 08:31:15 AM »

He's just an innocent old guy, father of Chicago harness driver, former driver for a bit back in day, has worked for track, recently hit a pick 5 for big $ n ppl have all sorts of crazy theories where he phoned the stewards and threatened violence if they didn't leave a horse up after an inquiry, it's all BS in my opinion but who knows, that's just my take
Thanks, Sir
Illinois sucks

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »

I heard he steals from the rich and gives to the poor.  Could be a myth however never seen the man.
IRA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 10:08:51 AM »

A guy Joe dakuras hates !!!
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 01:37:36 PM »

Love the name though!
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 01:41:18 PM »

I heard he steals from the rich and gives to the poor.  Could be a myth however never seen the man.

I heard he would have eliminated polio from the face of the earth by now if not for the heathens in Pakistan.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 03:02:28 PM »

I heard he would have eliminated polio from the face of the earth by now if not for the heathens in Pakistan.

That was actually "polo"
ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 03:04:22 PM »

Thanks, Sir

No prob, lotsa conspiracy nuts on these sites, don't believe everything u read on here, that's all, thanks for stopping by and posting
Charlie J Croft

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »

No prob, lotsa conspiracy nuts on these sites, don't believe everything u read on here, that's all, thanks for stopping by and posting

I think the whole thing is sad. I would advise Mr Smolin to never announce any winnings or something of that nature to a group that  he apparently is not fanilier with. These are hardly his friends. I noticed a Swoodal poster at a similar site who really takes the cake.  I would hope Ira keeps his distance from that man. He isnt very happy about this entire scenario. Again, its nothing more than your typical jealous hater. Good luck Ira and wnjoy your winnings. Have the last laugh. You deserve it
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:05 PM »

That was actually "polo"

What? Another horse related sport Ira is personally ruining?

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »

I think the whole thing is sad. I would advise Mr Smolin to never announce any winnings or something of that nature to a group that  he apparently is not fanilier with. These are hardly his friends.

One of Ira's gaggle of stalkers announced it first.

ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »

I think the whole thing is sad. I would advise Mr Smolin to never announce any winnings or something of that nature to a group that  he apparently is not fanilier with. These are hardly his friends. I noticed a Swoodal poster at a similar site who really takes the cake.  I would hope Ira keeps his distance from that man. He isnt very happy about this entire scenario. Again, its nothing more than your typical jealous hater. Good luck Ira and wnjoy your winnings. Have the last laugh. You deserve it

If you go into a swoodall post knowing that he's a delusional, paranoid, bitter gambler looking for anyone and everyone to blame for his losses it can actually be extremely entertaining. He's by far my favorite poster, a lot of other ppl like laughing at him too, we don't give his theories any credit but love reading his posts for the unintentional humor he brings
Charlie J Croft

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 10:59:18 PM »

Ira appears to be a good man---read a lot of old posts.    thumbs up
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:00:52 PM by Charlie J Croft » Report to moderator   Logged
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 01:29:42 AM »

Ira appears to be a good man---read a lot of old posts.    thumbs up
Aiding in the inventing of the passing lane, per his posts.

ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 03:11:30 AM »

What? Another horse related sport Ira is personally ruining?

I'm talking about the clothing company. Ira was seen wearing it and instantly became unfashionable. Now, they're working out a settlement for him NOT to wear their clothes. If he does wear the clothes, in public or private, Ralph Lauren himself will call Ira and make threats of violence. Also, he must immediately put a different shirt on to cover his nude torso.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 04:57:30 AM »

A book some krack head writes where he stops to get his drama juice everyday.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
nextbonus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 07:15:50 AM »

Ira Smolin is to Chicago harness racing as Betty White is to television.  (I swear I saw this on my SAT test).

Both have been involved in their respective venues forever.  Each has had a high profile and a bit of success over the years.  Both are occasionally contrversial.  The biggest similarity is that both are more popular now than ever before in their careers.  And nobody can explain why. dunno poor baby screwy head shake
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 08:35:12 AM »

I'm talking about the clothing company. Ira was seen wearing it and instantly became unfashionable.

Was he also responsible of the demise of Members Only?

Now, they're working out a settlement for him NOT to wear their clothes. If he does wear the clothes, in public or private, Ralph Lauren himself will call Ira and make threats of violence.

Will Ira then immediately put all his tickets on hold, and order an investigation?

IRA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 09:40:35 AM »

Betty white gets big money now ; while Ira takes crap for nothing. There are idiots that read the crap on these sites and believe it.    Can we make someone else popular. ??  Lets make Mark laino of the I.RB. popular.  He needs to read swoodels rantings about him .  head shake head shake
IRA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »

Until you take this shit you dont know how hurtful it can be . And to think someone at The I R B reads it and beleives it . Well, thats more than i can take. If I can prove it heads would roll .but its very hard to prove !! head shake   doh
Sookie

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 04:37:48 PM »

What are you gonna prove?
You used inside information to hit a pick 5 for 70k
You said you jogged that 30/1 shot

It's like someone betting on football knowing the quarterback has a injured rib and can't throw. Stop already! Your not a victim so don't act like it!

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: