Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 04:05:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT SUPERBOWL PREDICTIONS NINERS VS RAVENS  (Read 1653 times)
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »

FLACCO WAS GREAT,,,,OUT PLAYED PEYTON AND BRADY BACK TO BACK,,,,,,PLUS THE LINE WILL NEVER GO UNDER 4 PTS,,,100% FACT
Report to moderator   Logged
jdizigg

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 02:48:27 PM »

Im going with the SAN FRANCISCO NINERS BABY i used to be a big NINERS fan because of my dad.  Jim Harbaugh would stand around at colts training camp and sign autographs for EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO WANTED ONE almost every day...  GO NINERS

Niners 24 Ravens 17   beer beer binoculars
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 03:05:29 PM »

Welker's drop in the 3rd 1/4 was HUGE, I thought.  It was NE's chance to grab a cushy lead.  Blown opportunity at the end of the 1st 1/2 hurt but not a killer.  Welker's drop though - big!  I didn't see any Ravens dropping passes.  Pitta gets pounded, gets up & then catches a TD pass.  Boldin is such a prime time player.  Injury to Talib was key too.
Defense huge in red zone yesterday and the timely first downs were killer, something the Ravens have struggled with. Should be a great game, both well balanced and peaking at the right time. Ravens defense was porous this earlier this year, thought Brady would attack Shockey Brown more yesterday. But they really limited the long stuff and gave him the underneath. Ravens are healthy and they finally came up with an o line combo that works. Caldwell has really got Flacco rolling uptempo and he used the underutilized beast Bernard Pierce the last 5 games. Rice in open space and Pierce up the middle, that's a tough combo. And finally they seem to realize that Boldin one on one with anyone is a great matchup, wth ?  Lewis and Reed healthy too. Peaking.

31-20 Ravens

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 03:32:11 PM »

Kinda tough when you don't like either team, but I will go with Baltimore, since I like that city much more than SF, so will be a nice win one for the city trophy
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 03:36:39 PM »

Kinda tough when you don't like either team, but I will go with Baltimore, since I like that city much more than SF, so will be a nice win one for the city trophy
They already got win one.,,Would be win two.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 03:45:26 PM »

Been a Baltimore fan since the days when they were the Colts with Jimmy Unitas!

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »

Defense huge in red zone yesterday and the timely first downs were killer, something the Ravens have struggled with. Should be a great game, both well balanced and peaking at the right time. Ravens defense was porous this earlier this year, thought Brady would attack Shockey Brown more yesterday. But they really limited the long stuff and gave him the underneath. Ravens are healthy and they finally came up with an o line combo that works. Caldwell has really got Flacco rolling uptempo and he used the underutilized beast Bernard Pierce the last 5 games. Rice in open space and Pierce up the middle, that's a tough combo. And finally they seem to realize that Boldin one on one with anyone is a great matchup, wth ?  Lewis and Reed healthy too. Peaking.

31-20 Ravens

LOL @ beast Bernard Pierce..........kinda hard to see him being any factor in the game as San Fran is great against the run.......Pierce is not a duel threat back (he only had 7 catches all season) and SF will be keying on run plays when he is in the game.......I think for Baltimore to have any shot Ray Rice must play 90% of the plays as he is twice the threat Pierce is
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 04:00:24 PM »

LOL @ beast Bernard Pierce..........kinda hard to see him being any factor in the game as San Fran is great against the run.......Pierce is not a duel threat back (he only had 7 catches all season) and SF will be keying on run plays when he is in the game.......I think for Baltimore to have any shot Ray Rice must play 90% of the plays as he is twice the threat Pierce is

Are you familiar with the term "Cam Cameron is no longer calling plays so now it's easy to score 30 points"?   Ravens' offense has exploded with Cam gone.  Anything's possible.

Baltimore has joined many other teams, like the Jets, in realizing that you never hire a guy who coached for Miami.  Never!!

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
EYEcanSEEitNOW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 04:25:08 PM »

This is the second time brothers have coached against each other in the Super Bowls, the firts time it was Tony Dungy vs Lovie Smith

That joke is pure gold..! Very creative.

-EYE
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 05:02:26 PM »

They already got win one.,,Would be win two.
I knew that, being a Giant fan, I am still in denial laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »

Giant fan also !!!
 thumbs up
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:09:15 PM by Homestretch » Report to moderator   Logged
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 10:42:50 AM »

I always root agains Ray Lewis team.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/23665/did-ray-lewis-kill-someone-the-definitive-account-of-the-case-that-s-confused-football-fans-for-over-a-decade
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »

I don't really get it.  You are free to root for or against anyone but why would you present an article that even the author, who does not appear to be a Lewis fan, admits Ray did little wrong & that the story should be buried?

Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »

When you're "homies" whack somebody in your presence and the powers that be feel strongly enough to indict you ... If that's a little wrong what is considered a lot wrong?

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 12:55:19 PM »

You can indict an avacado. 
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 01:13:17 PM »

Being a big Ravens fan and season ticket holder I'm going to stick with the status quo and say they have no shot to win......Its worked for me twice......Ive lost two bets in a row but I'll gladly lose a 3rd to see them win

SHOWTIME!!!
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 03:11:42 PM »

You can indict an avacado. 
maroon

Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 03:27:48 PM »

I don't really get it.  You are free to root for or against anyone but why would you present an article that even the author, who does not appear to be a Lewis fan, admits Ray did little wrong & that the story should be buried?

Yes, I did provide the most pro-Lewis story that can be found on the net.  And even it portrays Lewis character in a poor light.  You can find other articles where the authors think Lewis literally got away with murder.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 03:36:58 PM »

Yes, I did provide the most pro-Lewis story that can be found on the net.  And even it portrays Lewis character in a poor light.  You can find other articles where the authors think Lewis literally got away with murder.

What do you mean "a poor light"?  This story is 13 years old.  Anyone can think anything.  If Lewis "got away with murder" then you must think our legal system, which most think is the best in the world, is the worst in the world because he was never even close to being tried for that crime.  I have no doubt that he hung with the wrong crowd, especially on that night.

As I said, you own the right to root for whoever you want for whatever reason.  But do not ignore the FACTS that Lewis has become a great human being who is very charitable.  We're not talking OJ or Kobe.

Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 03:58:36 PM »

What do you mean "a poor light"?  This story is 13 years old.  Anyone can think anything.  If Lewis "got away with murder" then you must think our legal system, which most think is the best in the world, is the worst in the world because he was never even close to being tried for that crime.  I have no doubt that he hung with the wrong crowd, especially on that night.

As I said, you own the right to root for whoever you want for whatever reason.  But do not ignore the FACTS that Lewis has become a great human being who is very charitable.  We're not talking OJ or Kobe.

The basis of our legal system is set up that we would rather see ten guilty men go free before we convict one innocent man.

Take a tour of the Internet and find some opinion articles about Lewis that aren't as charitable as the one I provided.  The fact is that the "charitable" story says he lied to police.  Other articles you find will have authors saying that Lewis would still be in jail if not for his status as a football star.

I remember when it happened.  I side with those who believe the district attorney's office did not pursue the matter against Lewis because of his status as a football star.

I'll be rooting for the Niners.
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »

This Super Bowl will be won in overtime !!

Baltimore 34
S.F. 31

Anyone winning is OK with me as long as that  censor snob Belichick is not coaching !!!
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »

The basis of our legal system is set up that we would rather see ten guilty men go free before we convict one innocent man.

Take a tour of the Internet and find some opinion articles about Lewis that aren't as charitable as the one I provided.  The fact is that the "charitable" story says he lied to police.  Other articles you find will have authors saying that Lewis would still be in jail if not for his status as a football star.

Yes, that is our legal system & there are too many who have been convicted wrongly to adjust that system.  Most of the time, I am very glad that our system works that way.

"Charitable", you mean "kind" to Ray?  I'm talking charitable as in giving without getting anything in return.  And for that, it is a fact that Lewis is very charitable with his time & money.  And to those "other authors", you have to wonder if he would "still be in jail" if he were not black.  Further to those "other authors" what's their excuse for the other 2 men who were found not guilty?  They never played professional football.  Your argument does not hold water. 

That said, enjoy the game & root your little heart's desire out for whoever you choose.  I do respect your opinion & enjoyed the debate.   poor baby

Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 06:49:54 PM »

I remember when it happened.  I side with those who believe the district attorney's office did not pursue the matter against Lewis because of his status as a football star.

I'll be rooting for the Niners.
beer

Charlie J Croft

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »

SF covers easily. 37-14
jdizigg

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 08:28:30 PM »

SF covers easily. 37-14

a rosecroft guy?  Picking against the Ravens?  dunno
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: