Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 12:06:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Ramon Dominguez should call it a career?  (Read 956 times)
journalstuff

Ignore
« on: January 20, 2013, 08:23:36 PM »

I know He's too young to call it career and all but this injury that he had a fractured skull could this be it for Ramon Dominguez to end it?

What do you think could it be enough to call it a career?

Report to moderator   Logged
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:41:24 PM »

I know He's too young to call it career and all but this injury that he had a fractured skull could this be it for Ramon Dominguez to end it?

No, if his brain is ok, the fractured skull will be no problem.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 08:47:09 PM »

f he does come back should he ride selectively like John Velazquez???
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:56:07 PM »

I thought they said at the Eclipse Awards last night that he was going to make a full recovery.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 11:33:09 PM »

Career Statistics:
•Starts: 21,267
•Firsts: 4,984
•Seconds: 3,855
•Thirds: 3,160
•Earnings: $191,563,098
•Avg. Earnings Per Start: $9,008
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »

I think it's none of our business.

You will have to learn that just because you have the ability to ask endless questions, it doesn't mean every one of them ought to be asked.

Look up the word "decorum".
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »

Only if TVG has an opening.
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 02:57:10 AM »

I'm gonna take a wild guess that Ramon Dominguez does not have a college degree or a particular skill set that would enable him to earn anywhere near the kind of money he's been making as a jockey. Therefore, when his skull is completely healed and he's been given medical clearance, I would expect him to go back to what he knows and does best -- riding thoroughbreds.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 07:04:05 AM »

I'm gonna take a wild guess that Ramon Dominguez does not have a college degree or a particular skill set that would enable him to earn anywhere near the kind of money he's been making as a jockey.

Just curious: which college degree would enable Mr. Dominguez (or any of us) to make anywhere near the kind of money he's making now?

When I was attending the local engineering college, we used to make great fun of the so-called "lesser" degrees; "Liberal (F)arts Degrees, Take One", some wit wrote above the toilet paper holder in one of the men's room stalls in Perlstein Hall.

After years and years of comparing notes with other HR consultants, and vetting candidates with hiring managers, it became readily apparent that a college degree was only one of *many* indicators of potential success...but certainly not a guarantor; oddly, the type of undergrad degree was virtually unimportant (attempts at or completion of *any* postgraduate education was and is a far stronger indication of potential success).

The most successful people have fire in their belly; they don't so much plan and plot and "work smart, not hard", as they do simply run over everybody with their achievements. You can't teach this; you either have a deep and all-consuming passion for what you do, or you don't.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 12:59:39 PM »

The most successful people have fire in their belly; they don't so much plan and plot and "work smart, not hard", as they do simply run over everybody with their achievements. You can't teach this; you either have a deep and all-consuming passion for what you do, or you don't.

That's what we taught our kids, the degree gets you a ticket in, but once you're in it means as much as the toilet paper in Peristein Hall.
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 03:18:23 PM »

Just curious: which college degree would enable Mr. Dominguez (or any of us) to make anywhere near the kind of money he's making now?

When I was attending the local engineering college, we used to make great fun of the so-called "lesser" degrees; "Liberal (F)arts Degrees, Take One", some wit wrote above the toilet paper holder in one of the men's room stalls in Perlstein Hall.

After years and years of comparing notes with other HR consultants, and vetting candidates with hiring managers, it became readily apparent that a college degree was only one of *many* indicators of potential success...but certainly not a guarantor; oddly, the type of undergrad degree was virtually unimportant (attempts at or completion of *any* postgraduate education was and is a far stronger indication of potential success).

you have not considered the professions,
accounting, nursing, computer science, (( oddly, the type of undergrad degree was virtually unimportant )) not true in the the professions....further an MBA is a waste of money. the time value of money is covered quite well as an undergrad. MBA's talk theory and dream up useless crap, like the paperless office, which is a complete pain in the ass if you ever worked in one. you spend your entire day hunting for files on file trees.

Certified Derbytologist ©
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »

you have not considered the professions,
accounting, nursing, computer science, (( oddly, the type of undergrad degree was virtually unimportant )) not true in the the professions....further an MBA is a waste of money. the time value of money is covered quite well as an undergrad. MBA's talk theory and dream up useless crap, like the paperless office, which is a complete pain in the ass if you ever worked in one. you spend your entire day hunting for files on file trees.

Pretty much 90% of college degrees are completely worthless.......You dont make enough additional money to pay for the education + the 4 or 5 or 6 years income you lose by going to school........And when you do finally catch up 20 years down the road you are catching up with seriously inflation depressed dollars.......

SHOWTIME!!!
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 04:24:08 PM »

i m not arguing the point, the point is the professions require advanced degrees, why other waste thieer time in college, that do not go into a profession is beyond me.

some are SENT by thier parents, these are the worst kids in school, they have no idea what it cost, or why they are there, the spoiled brats of society;
 some want thier day planned for them, its like day camp to a lot of them,
so just want the loan money to get out of an immediate bad situation,
 there are many reasons why people go to college.

Unless you seek a professional license, you really are just wasting your time in college. you could buy 4, 3 flats and rent them out paying down the mortgages in the time and with the money you waste on liberal gay degrees. liberal arts means thansk for your money dummy..it takes a man till he is about 40 to undo the hog weash a liberal arts degree inflicts upon you. everything told to you in college by a liveral arts professor is wrong, and you learn that by the time you are 30, some do anywways...some never realize the waste of time..they are not going to tell you what you need to know to be successfull in college..in fact college is like the santa clause for 20 somethings, they are told since childhood, you need this, like sanat ais real, and then one day you wake up and realize the entire society has made a fool out of you..same with college..take your youth, and distract you from what is important to live a healthy happy life.

Klink

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 11:06:37 AM »

There are so many falsehoods, even for a Secretariat post, that I'm not even sure where to begin. Your post, how you write and your attitudes and opinions are a screaming endorsement of what a Liberal Arts Education offers.

Anyway..back to Ramon....Isn't the question....hasn't he earned/saved enough coin so that he doesn't HAVE to ride again?
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 12:25:22 PM »

MBA from Harvard ... so he could get a job on Wall Street, proceed to flout every finance law known to man, and make big fat bonuses based on the money he fleeced out of Granny's pension fund.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »

There are so many falsehoods, even for a Secretariat post, that I'm not even sure where to begin. Your post, how you write and your attitudes and opinions are a screaming endorsement of what a Liberal Arts Education offers.

Anyway..back to Ramon....Isn't the question....hasn't he earned/saved enough coin so that he doesn't HAVE to ride again?

you think so.

i would be wiling to bet my 18 years in private schools, i am the best educated man you have ever communicated with, open your mind to idea, its your attitudes and ideas that are wrong...democrat
and i didn't waste my time pursuing a liberal arts degree. my eye sight might be bad, so i dont type as well as i would like, and to be candid, when you pay me to post, i'll post grammatically correctly, with capital letters and proper punctuation just like the nuns taught us..till then deal with it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:48:11 PM by Secretariat » Report to moderator   Logged

Charlie J Croft

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 09:25:25 PM »

maroon maroon
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 11:56:32 PM »

Pretty much 90% of college degrees are completely worthless.......You dont make enough additional money to pay for the education + the 4 or 5 or 6 years income you lose by going to school........And when you do finally catch up 20 years down the road you are catching up with seriously inflation depressed dollars.......

That assumes the only reason for matriculating is to make more money. Yet, on a financial basis, I tend to agree with you more and more.
Chris Szulc

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 12:33:53 AM »

some are SENT by thier parents, these are the worst kids in school, they have no idea what it cost, or why they are there, the spoiled brats of society;
 some want thier day planned for them, its like day camp to a lot of them,
so just want the loan money to get out of an immediate bad situation,
 there are many reasons why people go to college.

I work for a public university (not as an educator) and see this daily, especially with some of the students that are employed. While I don't agree with ALL of your post Sec, there are some good points. I will give one example, many of these students that work as part-time employees for the University don't realize that there is a basic responsibility to show up for work, and at the very least call in with a good excuse. Week after week, they sometimes don't bother to show up or casually are an hour or two late.  Then there's the case of being responsible for the quality of your work, and that in the "real world," someone isn't always going to be there to fix your mistakes.

I was told when I was younger that I needed to learn responsibility before post-secondary school and that would be further implemented during 4 years of undergrad school. That's not to say this isn't the case for all the students, as there are MANY good ones out there, but there are quite a few (usually the ones whose tuition is paid for in most by parents) who don't yet realize what life is all about yet and how to handle responsibility. And it's always the irresponsible, poor ones that paint them all in a bad light, as evidenced by the accusations in Sec's post.
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »

It's the same as its always been......we will have doctors....and we will have people to clean toilets for a living......it works out that way......

Bet with Integrity .....Bet with Gural !
clockerbob

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »

He should call Junior Seau's lawyer
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/dominguez-out-of-neurological-icu-continues-recovery/

"Jockey Ramon Dominguez, a patient at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, was transferred Thursday from the Neurological Intensive Care Unit to a Medical Step-Down Unit, where he will continue his recovery. Dominguez was diagnosed with a skull fracture as a result of a spill on January 18 at Aqueduct Racetrack."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: