Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 03:40:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O.T. "OUR JOURNEY IS NOT COMPLETE."  (Read 956 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 02:14:22 PM »

Numbers have to be put in context. Public debt vs total debt. Public debt to GDP etc. The debt to GDP has risen at record levels.

Reagan (and Bush I) took it from 30% to 60%. Bush II took it from just under 60% to almost 90%. It's now slightly over 100%, and projected to stay relatively flat, assuming no more monster recessions, for a number of years.

Big difference between jump from $997 billion to $2.85 trillion under Reagan and $6.307 trillion to a projected $12.636 trillion by 09/13 under Obama.

When Bush left office the debt was already nearly $11 trillion.

Both parties have spun the numbers though, borrowing from Social Security etc. Back in 2004 they had a chance to stop the subprime lending debacle and no one listened , so here we are. And banks have started all over again... Lots of blame to go around and few good answers imo.

Kind of a different take on things here on the relative seriousness of the debt from economist Paul Krugman:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opinion/perspectives/paul-krugman-dont-listen-to-the-scaremongers-screaming-debt-671046
Report to moderator   Logged

He's literate and funny.  I can see why he angers you so.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 02:17:19 PM »

Actaully 3WW...your sentiment in this last post is what causes this....your feeling of, "as long as nothing happens to me or my dog" is, I believe, EXACTLY what they want...you care but you dont, as long as it doesnt change your life. I am of the belief that many people are going along and doing what they do and thats good. It only matters when it applies to YOU. Then its different. Typically a conservative process. Regardless of what cons would like us to believe, in a consumer sided economy, the best thing is for as many as possible to make a decent living wage, and right now, the "CEO" mentality reigns...to use a movie quote..."the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"...unless of course youre wealthy in America.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 02:17:51 PM »

and by handouts...im sure your including corporate welfare and tax breaks? Farm subsidies? Im sure you mean that also.

I think by handouts he meant all the tax breaks Obama has given him as a small business owner.

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »

As you know Mel, I have proudly voted for the loser in 4 straight Presidential elections.  Would any of them been any better?  I don't know but I sure thought so.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 02:23:55 PM »

As you know Mel, I have proudly voted for the loser in 4 straight Presidential elections.  Would any of them been any better?  I don't know but I sure thought so.

There's no way to know, my friend. I guess thats a betting trend to follow , however. trophy

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »

Actaully 3WW...your sentiment in this last post is what causes this....your feeling of, "as long as nothing happens to me or my dog" is, I believe, EXACTLY what they want...you care but you dont, as long as it doesnt change your life. I am of the belief that many people are going along and doing what they do and thats good. It only matters when it applies to YOU. Then its different. Typically a conservative process. Regardless of what cons would like us to believe, in a consumer sided economy, the best thing is for as many as possible to make a decent living wage, and right now, the "CEO" mentality reigns...to use a movie quote..."the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"...unless of course youre wealthy in America.

I cared until I lived in a country where a guy can have a real unemployment rate of 16% for 4 years and get re elected.

Because the other party ran a crappy candidate.
And 47,000,000 welfare recipients got to vote for more hand outs.

That obama ran a dumbed down campain.
To focus in on the stupid people.
Is something.

I know at least 1 vote he got because the person (moron) I know thought he ( Romney) was going to take away their birth control.
That her one vote equals Charles Krautheimers vote is an inherent problem with the American system.

OK I am ranted out! As I really do not care and will enjoy it.
If it goes well Ill be benefited by a vibrant economy ( I doubt it)

If it collapses Ill enjoy that too.
And we can all blame Bush I am sure.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 02:31:25 PM »

I know a guy who voted for Reagan 2 times. Clinton 2 times then Bush then Obama.

How does this happen?
Someone that confused should not be allowed to vote.

As for betting I have won betting on B.O. last 2 times.
Bet against America when you can.

Its a winning proposition now and will be in the foreseeable future.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »

Bet against America when you can.

Its a winning proposition now and will be in the foreseeable future.

Otherwise the repubs suck worse than the libs.

The liberal crap though just irritates me.

I have a friend who is a real anarchist, Communist.

Just hope they don't riot and kill me or Chandler.

I over estimated the intelligence of America.

But stupid is as stupid does.

For the record the only thing more misguided than a liberal today is the republican party.

What a joke.

I am either not voting ever again or switching parties.

Probably not voting anymore.

No, you're not pessimistic!  laughing guy laughing guy

pes·si·mism (p s -m z m). n. 1. A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 02:51:12 PM »

No, you're not pessimistic!  laughing guy laughing guy

pes·si·mism (p s -m z m). n. 1. A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view.

Thanks for noticing!

How does one vote for John Kerry?

Gore and Barrack I can understand.

But Kerry?

He is ghoulish.

Unfit to be sec of state for sure.

But.....

newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 03:16:07 PM »

Slightly off topic BUT
Why is the President referred to by the media and others as the first black and or African-American President ?  Isn't he bi-racial ? Or is the fact that he is Half black automatically make him African-American ?
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »

They all make me sick Reps and Dems.
My New Years resolution was to watch sports, occasional shows, and watch unlimited amount of horse races. I will not watch politics. Thank god Meadowlands is open trophy trophy
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »

Slightly off topic BUT
Why is the President referred to by the media and others as the first black and or African-American President ?  Isn't he bi-racial ? Or is the fact that he is Half black automatically make him African-American ?

Why was Zimmerman called a white hispanic for shooting someone?

If he was president he'd be just hispanic.

Its the American media in 2013.

And it is the #1 problem with the country. More than anything else is loss of a free and true press.

Thats gone forever I think.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:33:08 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 03:29:06 PM »

Slightly off topic BUT
Why is the President referred to by the media and others as the first black and or African-American President ?  Isn't he bi-racial ? Or is the fact that he is Half black automatically make him African-American ?

Society is to blame for that convention, and has been forever. If you look black society sees you as black.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 03:30:52 PM »

They all make me sick Reps and Dems.
My New Years resolution was to watch sports, occasional shows, and watch unlimited amount of horse races. I will not watch politics. Thank god Meadowlands is open trophy trophy

We canceled all but basic cable. The only things I miss are ESPN and South Park, and sometimes TVG. All the blithering morons on Fox and MSNBC and all the rest can kiss my butt. I don't miss them a bit.

newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »

We canceled all but basic cable. The only things I miss are ESPN and South Park, and sometimes TVG. All the blithering morons on Fox and MSNBC and all the rest can kiss my butt. I don't miss them a bit.
never really looked at a bill regarding that...Was calling around for a club I belong to.  Comcast $34....Now you want ESPN $74...Damn nothing in between that has ESPN.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »

Slightly off topic BUT

And don't think for a second that people like me don't resent it.  Until I see him wearing some diamond earrings & his Calvin Klein's clearly noticeable sticking at least 7 inches above his belt, he's not one of us!  That white *** makes me sick. 

Gotta go - the itis hit me so hard after that fried chicken and waffles I feel like I'm gonna pass out.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: