Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 29, 2014, 01:32:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Get a room already" was NOT STARTED BY EQUIFORCE  (Read 4833 times)
Equiforce

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:44:04 PM »

Just for everyone's information, Equiforce did NOT start the thread on jan 15 @ 1:51 pm.  At that time I was neither on the Internet, nor had immediate access to the Internet.

The thread was "edited" by jrstark at that time from a completely irrelevant post, I, Equiforce made, on Jan 12 to Beobob, when I posted that "terry was born to argue". 

The initial post on that thread was indeed the comment I made several days prior and as absolutely no connection to hotel rooms.

I can only assume that since this is an extremely biased site and moderated by people that have, apparently the RIGHT to take any particular comment someone makes and begin a thread that may or may not attempt to shine an unsavory light on someone, using their name as the person who started the thread....it was created to draw negative attention to myself.

It didn't.  It showed the site for what it is....a site that has the ability to bring important horse racing issues to the forefront, no matter whether you are an owner, trainer, hot walker, breeder, disabled trouble maker, news column writer, state vet, whatever, AS LONG AS YOU AGREE WITH THE Opinions of certain individuals and/or moderators. 

There have been no new developments pertaining to this virus since JUST a few days prior to the end of the meet.  With the track being closed for 2 weeks and the barns individually locked down for 2 weeks, there seems to have been a turning point in this virus.  What a shame that action was not taken sooner.  This thread and the thread prior, shut down by the moderator, would have never come in to play.
But since it has, I'm happy to say that I have done my best to supply information that might not have gotten out otherwise to horsemen near and far.  I've done my very best to make sure that the information was accurate.  I have not misrepresented myself in ANY way.  And I do NOT appreciate being misrepresented. 

I sincerely hope everyone on here realizes that it could be any one of you that they pull a comment from on here, give you a spicy topic line and attempt to paint you in an inappropriate light.  I can say this...they SURE dont like to be challenged in any way and have given themselves the ability to manipulate this site to their advantage if they are challenged. 

I would have never gotten on this site (as I be never gotten on this site in 12 yrs of racing in Chicago) had it not been in an effort to relay virus information.  And since the virus seems to be coming to an end (hopefully), my time on BTW is as well. 
It might have been an interesting site to frequent if it was not so obvious that there are "favorites" on here...

Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 11:54:22 PM »

Right over the edge.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 05:36:01 AM »

Selective editing and censorship is nothing new on BTW.
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 08:33:05 AM »

Darwin, Patrick Henry , Jose Canseco, Slats Grobnik and .....

All knocked around by the powers that be for speaking out and seeking truth. All proved right.

Hang in there Equiforce, history may treat you kind.

So with that I say :  Give Me Liberty or Give Me -------- A Yuengling pronto.

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 11:18:08 AM »

Equiforce, I for one enjoy reading all you comments and value them. I am sure there are many more here that appreciated all the info you provided throughout this devastating issue. I think making yourself accessible for questions as a true known hands on person goes a long way in credibility that many on an anonymous board lack. Your presence here is appreciated by many.
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 11:51:58 AM »

The editing is my biggest issue with the site.  Always has been. 

However, it is a commercial site and participation is voluntary.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »

Janine cut a "fight" exchange out of another thread, just like she has done a million times before. She gave it a different subject title too, just as she has done a million times before, in this case one expressing her editorial disgust at the ongoing bickering. It had Equiforce's name as thread starter because hers was the post that started the personal exchange that got cut out of the thread.

It's as simple as that. Same exact treatment that's been handed out to numerous bickering/fighting posters over the years. Equiforce is carrying on as though she's some kind of specially targeted and wounded martyr over this, but she's not, she's just another misbehaving fish in the pond. Those of you who have been here for any length of time know how it works.

Not to mention, of course, that if people including Equiforce would just quit posting additional crap in that thread it would soon fall off the front page and be gone.     

Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 01:31:27 PM »

in this case one expressing her editorial disgust at the ongoing bickering.

And who is the sole that starts all the bickering?
Take a look in the mirror pal
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 01:53:34 PM »

in this case one expressing her editorial disgust at the ongoing bickering.

And who is the sole that starts all the bickering?
Take a look in the mirror pal

Sorry pal, but in this particular case it was not me. I was having a discussion with beobob and Equiforce decided she need to jump in with one of her trademark snotty comments.

Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 02:04:29 PM »

Sorry pal, but in this particular case it was not me. I was having a discussion with beobob and Equiforce decided she need to jump in with one of her trademark snotty comments.

In MOST of the posts on this site where there may be bickering or snotty comments you are right in the middle of it.
Dont give me that awww poor poor, woo is me HBT crap, you enjoy conflict

You are a disease to this forum
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »

In MOST of the posts on this site where there may be bickering or snotty comments you are right in the middle of it.
Dont give me that awww poor poor, woo is me HBT crap, you enjoy conflict

You are a disease to this forum

Thanks for contributing your fair share to the bickering, and have a real nice day now.  thumbs up

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 02:09:14 PM »

Equiforce, I for one enjoy reading all you comments and value them.

Mel, I also thought Equiforce provided a fair amount of useful information "straight from the horse's mouth", as it were -- when she stuck to the facts!.

The problem occurred when she began to intertwine those facts with her personal (undocumented) opinions, gossip from the backstretch, and ill-advised venom towards Hawthorne and the vets.

Whether any of us likes him or not, I thought Terry did an exemplary job of following up on posts and asking questions about things posted, asking for sources, etc...in effect, *vetting* the information being posted to try and keep things as close to the actual facts as possible. I commend him for this, as whenever someone was caught spicing things up with unwarranted BS, said BS'er (Equiforce included) didn't like being called on it, and directed a fair amount of venom in Terry's direction.

IMO, a fair amount of horsemen have a chip on their shoulder about lay people questioning what they say or do -- as if no one other than another horseman can possibly know anything about horses, training and racing. It's an unprofessional attitude; a true professional welcomes questions about their craft, and operates above board, in the full light of day.

When someone cops an attitude of, "Well, you can't know what I know, nor understand what I understand"...I can't trust 'em. Plain and simple.

And there was a TON of that attitude from the horsemen here in the several quarantine threads. 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 02:19:04 PM »

The problem occurred when she began to intertwine those facts with her personal (undocumented) opinions, gossip from the backstretch, and ill-advised venom towards Hawthorne and the vets.

Not to mention all the nasty venom directed toward several other Illinois horsemen by name (Reavis, Campbell, Bruggemann), all the ITHA and its officers, various other horsemen by group ("the small outfits"), the help employed by other stables, other backsiders who dared post here with information that contradicted her undocumented pet theories (Cory, babyruffy), Midwest Thoroughbreds, the professionals at Kendall Road clinic, and pretty much anyone else she could point a shotgun at.

jgp

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »

If you badmouth Hawthorne, you are gonna get an argument from HV and Terry.  Why you would  defend such a dump is beyond me.  I go, and occasionally have fun, but the track, the area its in, and 90 percent of its patrons are garbage.  The racing itself is awful. 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 02:31:13 PM »

If you badmouth Hawthorne, you are gonna get an argument from HV and Terry.  Why you would  defend such a dump is beyond me.  I go, and occasionally have fun, but the track, the area its in, and 90 percent of its patrons are garbage.  The racing itself is awful. 

Does that 90 percentage fall, or rise, when you are in attendance, in your personal opinion?

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 02:37:31 PM »

Hey, I just realized ...

Yet another top notch racing thread, but this time absolutely no doubt who started it.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »

Does that 90 percentage fall, or rise, when you are in attendance, in your personal opinion?

There you go again,
jgp did not attack you personally, just stated that you or HV would defend Haw.
But you throw a personal insult at jgp

Other than jgp saying 90% of the patrons are garbage what can you possibly disagree with?

You are a sick sick individual
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 02:47:57 PM »

There you go again,
jgp did not attack you personally

Well sure he did, he called me and all my friends and acquaintances who frequent Hawthorne "garbage". I was merely asking him if he would include himself in that number.

And thanks for jumping into the bickering, yet again.  thumbs up

SIXRULER

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »

Is that  a trick question ?  lol  
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »

Quote from: honest & balanced terry link=topic=54934.msg626706#msg626706 date=1358624877

And thanks for jumping into the bickering, yet again.  thumbs up
[/quote

I call it like I see it

When was the last time you were in attendance at Hawthorne?
Even more shocking is you stating you have friends.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »

I call it like I see it

When was the last time you were in attendance at Hawthorne?
Even more shocking is you stating you have friends.

Lusty Tar Heel = born to bicker  head shake

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 02:59:23 PM »

I defend it, mostly because of the kind of post you just wrote.

Your opinion is way off base, and hardly objective.

Hawthorne is no Taj Duch -- never said it was -- but the plant is in decent shape, functional, and offers pretty much the same level of mid-tier racing that AP and Turfway do.

(One day a year, AP has some Grade I races. BFD.)

And while 90 percent of Hawthorne's patrons may have dark skin, I defy you to honestly describe what you mean by "garbage" without using any racist or coded language / descriptions. Hispanic and black folks money is just as green as, say, a skinhead's.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 03:07:11 PM »

You have to admit the jgp guy has a sense of humor, though. He starts out his post with, "If you badmouth Hawthorne, you are gonna get an argument from HV and Terry" and then proceeds to badmouth Hawthorne. Slick.

jgp

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »

Well you answered that you and your friends are in the 90%, I definitely dress the part when I attend Haw.  I don't want to stand out.  I would put myself in the 10%, but I guess that's subjective.  But I do attend quite a few live racing days at Hawthorne so I hope I'm not coming off too vain, I just don't get why you two defend every single negative thing written about Hawthorne. Back to our other discussion, white sox fans would be Hawthorne patrons and Cubs fans Arlington patrons.  Thats a much better analogy!  And HV, way out of line, don't play the race card having no idea what color my skin is.   Did you guys happen to read the review of Hawthorne in the articles section of the homepage?  Was that also racist?  Pathetic Hv.  HV, if Hawthorne is on the same level as AP, why aren't the handles?    
jgp

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 03:11:29 PM »

And HV and Terry argue, sense of humor and right
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: