Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 11:36:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Get a room already" was NOT STARTED BY EQUIFORCE  (Read 4884 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2013, 11:29:04 PM »

Still not hearing those sources....

Same as I never heard the sources that told you what you "knew" about me.

But anyhow.  I was in Florida for the month of Jan.  and actually have been to

Blah blah. Yawn. Lost me. Snooze.
Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2013, 12:31:53 AM »

Nice try Terry.  You got NOTHING!
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2013, 06:32:31 AM »

God isn't that the truth!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2013, 07:31:14 AM »

He may not go about it in the most polite fashion, but to deny that Terry has valid points about this whole fiasco is just removing any objectivity you have about him or this entirely.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »

He may not go about it in the most polite fashion, but to deny that Terry has valid points about this whole fiasco is just removing any objectivity you have about him or this entirely.

Yep. Terry gets people so agitated that they start arguing with him just for the sake of arguing with him. For example, when Equiforce joined this board to bring up the impact of the virus, she came right out and said she expected to piss some people off. When she started naming names, she again conceded that she would piss some people off. From what I can tell, she didn't care if she pissed them off because she was trying to help bring awareness to what was going on. A noble thing, to say the least. But now because Terry said some people on the backside have a bad opinion of her, everyone wants to call Terry a liar. Why? She conceded that was going to happen and she was fine with that, because to her it was more important to bring as much awareness to the problems as possible. So is it really that implausible that people might have said something to Terry in person or in PM's?

On the flip side, I disagree with Terry that the cynicism about whether or not the virus is truly eradicated is rooted in furthering agendas. I don't think people have an agenda to push as much as they just became jaded towards Hawthorne during this whole episode and aren't ready to admit that this thing might be over. They don't want it to continue, per se. They just have a hard time conceding something if it might somehow look favorably on Hawthorne and its staff. While I don't take that approach in this case, I certainly can understand it.

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2013, 10:21:53 AM »

Terry has a history, in fact a very long one, of arguing with anything and everything other posters post.  And has gotten away with it for a very long time.  It just gets so very old.

It doesn't help any situation either.

You can tell by how equiforce speaks, that she is intelligent and knowledgable.  Terry is just miffed because a smart woman knows more about a certain subject than he does.

Why can't he post some names from his PMs and the backside he says gave him info?
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:52 AM »

Terry has a history, in fact a very long one, of arguing with anything and everything other posters post.  And has gotten away with it for a very long time.  It just gets so very old.

It doesn't help any situation either.

You can tell by how equiforce speaks, that she is intelligent and knowledgable.  Terry is just miffed because a smart woman knows more about a certain subject than he does.

Why can't he post some names from his PMs and the backside he says gave him info?

I'm not arguing one way or the other. All I'm saying is that Equiforce herself came out and said she expected to piss some people off. So why is it hard to believe that she actually did? Understand, that's not a shot at Equiforce. She knew it was going to happen but to her it was more important to call people out who she thought were part of the problem. She should be commended for not just acquiescing like many of her peers did.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »

I totally agree with you Brivolta.  If I had a horse at Hawthorne, I would want to know everything that was going on. Those were very hard times. I hope it's all over and the rest of the horses still there will be safe and healthy.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2013, 11:30:57 AM »

Terry is just miffed because a smart woman knows more about a certain subject than he does.

Speaking of "agendas"...

Equiforce would have more credibility in this whole quarantine thing if she had just stuck to the facts. But like any other seasoned backstretch person, she was compelled to sprinkle in 2 parts jive to 1 part fact in a fair number of her posts. (It's really not her fault -- the backstretch is infested with hot gossip, lies and innuendo. All that BS has to leech out the the front sooner or later...)

Terry called her out on the baloney he sniffed out in her posts, and predictably, out came the indignation and false pride: how dare anyone question a horseman?

For the same reason Equiforce won't do it -- confidentiality.

Cuts both ways, or it should, except when the women here want to give each other a free pass. (Speaking of "old and tired"...  thumbs down )

If you think others here can't see right through your slant on things, Pammy, dream on; they are just being nice to you, that's all. Which is fine, except I say that anyone that wants to jump in these discussions and mix it up had better be prepared to take their lumps -- no double standard for so-called "nice and proper" old ladies.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2013, 11:55:11 AM »

Speaking of "agendas"...

And otherwise speaking of agendas, I put pamwaggy on ignore almost as soon as she jumped into her usual knee-jerk "defense of all women no matter how wrong they might be" act early on in these virus discussion and was going on about the bullying and so on. She's a forum poster for whom I always had some respect, and I didn't want to get sucked into saying a bunch of things about her as a poster or person - she's not even involved in the meat of the subject matter! But, I see by the quotes of pamwaggy posts today that it doesn't seem to bother her one bit to lay out the badmouthing of someone who isn't saying one word about her, so I guess that respect was misplaced all these years. Oh well, live and learn.

And, speaking of those quotes: "Terry is just miffed because a smart woman knows more about a certain subject than he does."

That's some learned observation there, that it's because Equiforce is female, and I think anyone can see the proof of it by the fact that I NEVER have long and heated discussions with any male posters. Right HV?

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:08:34 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2013, 12:00:34 PM »

On the flip side, I disagree with Terry that the cynicism about whether or not the virus is truly eradicated is rooted in furthering agendas. I don't think people have an agenda to push as much as they just became jaded towards Hawthorne during this whole episode and aren't ready to admit that this thing might be over. They don't want it to continue, per se. They just have a hard time conceding something if it might somehow look favorably on Hawthorne and its staff.

Well, that's one example of an agenda, and you can add to that "might reflect favorably on the decision making of the State vets who called it over when they did", especially as some posters leaped on here and ripped them a new one about how "irresponsible" it was to do that at the time.

And, speaking of that, it kind of gets us back to where this thread re-ignited: Any new cases of herpes ANYWHERE since that time, or not? Were the State vets right, or not?

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2013, 12:23:19 PM »

And, speaking of those quotes: "Terry is just miffed because a smart woman knows more about a certain subject than he does."

That's some learned observation there, that it's because Equiforce is female, and I think anyone can see the proof of it by the fact that I NEVER have long and heated discussions with any male posters. Right HV?

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Just high-fives and fist bumps between all the men here, Terry. I'm surprised we got away with it for so long.

Wink
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2013, 12:25:28 PM »

Just high-fives and fist bumps between all the men here, Terry. I'm surprised we got away with it for so long.

Wink

Right on, bro. thumbs up

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »

So is it really that implausible that people might have said something to Terry in person or in PM's?

Sorry, I failed to address this one earlier, and it's a very good point.

Any time you get into one of these forum exchanges hot and heavy, you'll get PM's (and emails) out of the blue from people who aren't involved themselves, people you know and don't know, who maybe dislike the other party from some past run-in, or have some juicy little tidbit or correcting fact to add, or whatever. For instance, I can tell from some of the things Equiforce wrote that she got some of the same back channel things herself.

There truly were/are people who didn't like some of the things Equiforce wrote or the way she wrote them, and in the normal course of events like this, I heard from some of them. That's in addition to what I heard from friends and acquaintances. There's simply nothing mysterious or unbelievable about it at all.

(And mind you, the PM's and emails were not always derogatory. Lots of other people like her.)

beobob

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2013, 12:46:40 PM »

I think that in Equiforce, Terry has just found another jousting partner. It might have gotten personal on some level, but no more so than his numerous go-rounds with HorseVoice. Unless it is something nice about Hawthorne, whatever subject HorseVoice might post about, it is almost certain that Terry will find issue with some phrase contained therein.  I think that Terry enjoys the banter and will sometimes attempt to draw HorseVoice into a debate by throwing a dig at The Sheets into a reply on another subject just to see if HV is paying attention. Equiforce has joined that club. On these virus threads, Terry would throw digs at E when replying to someone else's post, just to see if he could get a bite. Either one of them (E or HV) could start a thread today that "Chicago Hot Dogs are the best in the world", and I think we all know who the first objecting poster would be.

As for Equiforce, she doesn't need to be defended anymore than HorseVoice needs us to defend him. The fact that she is a woman is irrelevant.  I hope not to sound like I am stereotyping, but I think that any woman who has lasted in racing and the backstretch for as long as she has can hold her own.

In this most recent exchange, Terry hung a curve ball and got jumped on.  Had Equiforce posted that same sentence, Terry would have jumped on it as well.

As for Terry, if he makes you crazy put him on ignore.  Internet forums need posters who will not just let unsubstantiated statements go uncontested.  He (and several others) serve that purpose well, and most realize this early on. When he is not just playing, he has well reasoned and valid points.  Even when he is playing, he's fun to read even if you are the one with the target on your back.

My secret prayer is that somehow it gets out that Equiforce and her husband owe all the success they have had in racing to The Sheets.  That, my friends, would be a BTW perfect storm.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »

Either one of them (E or HV) could start a thread today that "Chicago Hot Dogs are the best in the world", and I think we all know who the first objecting poster would be.

Nope, sorry, you're so wrong, it wouldn't be me, because they ARE the best in the world.

laughing guy

In this most recent exchange, Terry hung a curve ball and got jumped on.  Had Equiforce posted that same sentence, Terry would have jumped on it as well.

Well, no, I have never demanded of her, "Tell us who said that about me!", because I know that private exchanges are just that, private. Particularly "value" comments about posters as people. Now, information she's represented as being some fact or another regarding the actual virus outbreak and actions taken or not taken in regard to that, yes, I've asked to see some independent proof of those. But if I asked her, for instance, for details of things she brought up in general, like what Jim Divito actually said about his barn before he got there, or what her vet said about this or that, and she replied "that's a private communication and none of your business", well, we have to accept that. The details of a private communication are private.

My secret prayer is that somehow it gets out that Equiforce and her husband owe all the success they have had in racing to The Sheets.  That, my friends, would be a BTW perfect storm.

The Sheets, and their beloved mentor Richard Dutrow. Wink
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:05:14 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

beobob

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2013, 01:07:15 PM »

That's why I believe collaboration is essential.  The Sheets was a good line, but the addition of Dutow made it perfect.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2013, 01:36:09 PM »

And, as everybody already knows, when either Dutrow or the folks at TG can't get anything going using their own wicked devices, guess what they rely on to get them moving forward again?

The "Number Four Horse" system!  trophy 

(So much for our "ever-expanding" universe, eh?)
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2013, 01:45:58 PM »

And, as everybody already knows, when either Dutrow or the folks at TG can't get anything going using their own wicked devices, guess what they rely on to get them moving forward again?

The "Number Four Horse" system!  trophy  

Just yesterday the "4 horse" system gave out two $7 winners at Charles Town. Send $5 now for our numpers.

brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2013, 02:29:57 PM »

Well, that's one example of an agenda, and you can add to that "might reflect favorably on the decision making of the State vets who called it over when they did", especially as some posters leaped on here and ripped them a new one about how "irresponsible" it was to do that at the time.

And, speaking of that, it kind of gets us back to where this thread re-ignited: Any new cases of herpes ANYWHERE since that time, or not? Were the State vets right, or not?

I was referring to the agendas you cited in your original reply to me a couple days ago.

I feel like I'm the only person on here who enjoys and values the contributions of both of these stormy combatants.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »

I was referring to the agendas you cited in your original reply to me a couple days ago.

Well, right, and "hard time conceding something if it might somehow look favorably on Hawthorne and its staff" falls under the general umbrella of one of those, the anti-Hawthorne one.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2013, 03:04:51 PM »

I feel like I'm the only person on here who enjoys and values the contributions of both of these stormy combatants.

You are one of the few to come out and say so publicly.

I get a few "attaboys" privately. I suspect Terry does, too.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2013, 03:11:20 PM »

I can take my lumps.  And thanks for calling me an old lady.  So sorry I'm "proper."

And Terry, if you have me on ignore why do you keep posting to/about me?   

As for the polite ones, HV, I have had emails and PMs too.  But not about this Hawthorne subject, about other posters.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2013, 03:16:05 PM »

As for the polite ones, HV, I have had emails and PMs too.  But not about this Hawthorne subject, about other posters.

And may I assume that you don't want to breech confidentiality, and tell us who they are and what they said?
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »

You are one of the few to come out and say so publicly.

I get a few "attaboys" privately. I suspect Terry does, too.
I enjoy these confrontations also, especially since I have no dog in this fight.  They are more interesting to me than the great horse posts or the handicapping ones.  I like posts about the business of horse racing.

Whenever things get going, I am usually guilty of "stirring the pot" which usually gets me a disdainful comment from Terry.  If I want to add HV to the list of responders, all I have to do is mention the word:  Hawthorne. 

In spite of what Terry says, I do contribute to the forum as I am the self-appointed board PR man for CD.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: