Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 02:42:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eblouissante...........  (Read 1826 times)
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 04:05:16 PM »

Champions win.  They beat their competition, whatever that competition may be or what we think of it. Remember Ray Meyer's DePaul teams? Best. Team in the country at the time? Probably. Champions? Not even close.  
Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 04:56:38 PM »

She sure finishes well. Loved her gallop out, too.

And no doubt her dam is a serious one -- Balance was a really good horse in her own right, and then along came Zenyatta, and now who knows what this one might be?

You are right...she still had a lot left in the tank. She appears to have a ton of upside to her having looked a little green and her mind needs to mature into that beautiful big body she has. Anxious to see how she progresses in her next race with much improved competition.

You are dead on about Balance...3 G-1 wins and is now being bred to Frankel. Glad you brought that up. Are these the only 3 foals out of that mare?
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 05:15:43 PM »

Terry, I would actually say the same about sox fans.  I'm a cubs fan that doesn't really hate the sox, why should I?  The cubs are terrible and still draw bigger crowds and higher TV and radio audiences.

No one cares except Cubs fans, but them constantly yapping about it is one of the things that makes people despise them.

He's literate and funny.  I can see why he angers you so.
jgp

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 05:29:27 PM »

Well I imagine the owners and management staff cares, but you seem to be the perfect example of the bitter sox fan, what gives, most of us all are bears fans.  Can you tell the difference between which bears fans are cubs fans and which are sox fans?   You got a ring and we didn't, we should be bitter.  It should be a fun rivalry, buts its gotten uglier every year, on the fringe of embarrassing.  Makes "people" despise them.  By "people" you mean sox fans.  I hope you mean sox fans.
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 05:56:08 PM »

Man, I haven't smoked any weed since 8:00 a.m., give me a break.
As for Giacomo, his record speaks for itself: 16  3-2-5
Yep, still eligible for non-winners of four, maybe he's ready for a comeback.

Your point is well made, however, he still was far and away more accomplished than MTB. He also made more money on the track with less starts.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 05:59:17 PM »

You are right...she still had a lot left in the tank. She appears to have a ton of upside to her having looked a little green and her mind needs to mature into that beautiful big body she has. Anxious to see how she progresses in her next race with much improved competition.

You are dead on about Balance...3 G-1 wins and is now being bred to Frankel. Glad you brought that up. Are these the only 3 foals out of that mare?

She's had a few others...

Where's Bailey (21/5-1-3, $116K, RP Oaks winner, did all her damage on the turf)
Treasure Trail (4/0-0-0, $4K)
Souper Spectacular (7/3-0-0, $103K, turf)

She has a couple of younger Henrythenavigator fillies produced in the last couple of years, too.

ETA: I'm also interested to see how she fares in the Santa Margarita, though from purely a wagering and handicapping standpoint, she strikes me as likely to be a significant underlay and an easy bet against.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:02:37 PM by brianwspencer » Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »

Well I imagine the owners and management staff cares

I guess it would be possible for the owners and management staff not to be fans, when it's the Cubs we're talking about.

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 08:11:22 PM »

I loved the way she stopped dead on her way to the gate and looked at the crowd for a few seconds.  Like she knows she will win. 

She got some good training, no?  Dirt all over her, hit a few times. (yikes!)  I hated to see her hit.  I can't help it.  She is so much like Zenyatta.

sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »

Worst and slowest KY winner IMO was Dust Commander  Ill bred... carrot
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 08:26:45 PM »

Going back to Ebby, I think she's a good horse with a good future. I sure hope she ends up like her sister in a winning streak winning G1's. Of course a BC.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »

Her next race might be a Grade 1, the Santa Margarita Stakes, in March:

http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-eblouissante-runs-her-way-graded-stakes
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:02:26 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »

Her next race might be a Grade 1, the Santa Margarita Stakes, in March:

http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-eblouissante-runs-her-way-graded-stakes

That would be quite a test. It will be interesting to follow those developments.

fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 09:32:28 PM »

Ebbee  be fierce !
Oh yes now the board starting to get fired up!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2013, 08:09:55 AM »

Stivo, your Father may not agree but he may well remember Dust Commander's win in the Derby.  He would be one candidate for the bottom of the list.    

In a 3 year racing career, Dust Commander had 8 wins, 5 places and 4 shows in 42 starts. He finished his career with $215,012 in winnings.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:06:23 AM by Mick » Report to moderator   Logged

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2013, 09:57:26 AM »

I agree, he is one of the candidates for the bottom. He had a magical 3 year old year that included the Bluegrass and Derby. A lot of horses have been 1 year wonders.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »

Very interesting article in the Bloodhorse. Worth a read.

The herd dynamics and emotional conformation of Eblouissante
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/unlocking-winners-handicapping/archive/2013/01/18/looking-at-eblouissante-through-herd-dynamics-and-emotional-conformation.aspx
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »

Very interesting article in the Bloodhorse. Worth a read.

The herd dynamics and emotional conformation of Eblouissante
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/unlocking-winners-handicapping/archive/2013/01/18/looking-at-eblouissante-through-herd-dynamics-and-emotional-conformation.aspx

Very interesting article. Wonder how she will visualize things if they took the hood off? What they say in the article makes sense, however, she just looks very green and like a filly that has not yet grown mentally into her beautiful body. She may never be another Zenyatta, but either is any other horse.  Wink
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 06:45:07 AM »

Stivo, your Father may not agree but he may well remember Dust Commander's win inj the Derby.  He would be one candidate for the bottom of the list.     

In a 3 year racing career, Dust Commander had 8 wins, 5 places and 4 shows in 42 starts. He finished his career with $215,012 in winnings.

Dust Commander definitely not a real good horse, although he did win five more races in his career than Giacomo.
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 10:10:54 AM »

Very interesting article. Wonder how she will visualize things if they took the hood off? What they say in the article makes sense, however, she just looks very green and like a filly that has not yet grown mentally into her beautiful body. She may never be another Zenyatta, but either is any other horse.  Wink

The most interesting thing about the article, to me, is the extensive interviews they must have conducted with both horses to put all this together.  One can just imagine Zenyatta telling them, "When we break from the gate, I just take back and size up the entire field, rather than focusing on any one other horse."  Fascinating.

(In case anyone's missing the sarcasm, I think the article's a pile of crap.)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: