Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 22, 2014, 06:42:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eblouissante...........  (Read 1307 times)
mel4600

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »

Zenyatta's half sister has now won her first 2 races with the same running style. I'd say their mom is one valuable broodmare!

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/8855795/eblouissante-wins-again-santa-anita
Report to moderator   Logged
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 12:52:05 PM »

Does the name really mean "ducking the competition" in English?
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »

Terrible attempt for a joke.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 01:11:33 PM »

I think it has to do with going blind if you you-know-what too much, like the Z fans do.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
bnlong

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 01:23:08 PM »

Usage examples
 Similar translations for "éblouissante" in English

La solution sera-t-elle éblouissante?

Effective programs will be produced by this approach.

Je dois dire que vous être tout à fait éblouissante ce matin.

I must say you are looking very glamorous this morning.

Son adresse éblouissante et électrisante a fait de lui une division à lui tout seul.

His dazzling and electrifying skills put him in a league of his own.

Je tiens à féliciter ces jeunes filles de 13 à 15 ans de leur éblouissante performance.

I want to congratulate these Canadian girls, age 12 to 15, for their dazzling performance.

À titre d'information pour les dames, je signale qu'elle était éblouissante dans son tailleur corail.

For the benefit of the ladies, she looked smashing in a coral-coloured suit.

7.6.12.2.4 ne pas produire une lumière trop éblouissante à l'extérieur de la zone définie ci-dessus, et

7.6.12.2.4. have limited dazzle outside the defined area, and

L'oeuvre est éblouissante par ses costumes colorés, ses danses exquises et les chants accompagnés d'une merveilleuse musique.

I can say that it is visually stunning, with colourful costumes, exquisite dancing and wonderful music with singing to match.

Aujourd’hui nous pouvons illuminer nos villes d’une façon tellement éblouissante que les étoiles du ciel ne sont plus visibles.

Today we can illuminate our cities so brightly that the stars of the sky are no longer visible.

Fini donc cet attentisme inhibant qui permettait à beaucoup d'entre vous de n'entreprendre aucune action lorsque même l'évidence l'imposait de façon éblouissante.

Let there be an end to the stifling culture of procrastination that so often inhibits action even when it is blindingly obvious from the evidence that action is necessary.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 02:03:59 PM »

What it means is...try and find some Rachel siblings that are winners... laughing guy
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 02:06:28 PM »

Terrible attempt for a joke.

Earl is always "smoked up". When he clears his head he might try his hand at training one day.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:08:03 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 02:08:32 PM »

I wonder if it is the hatred for John Sherriffs, Zenyatta, California racing, or the Broodmare, Vertigineux, that spits all of these great mares out like Balance, Zenyatta, and Eblouissante? Maybe Jealousy? A HOY and BC Classic Champion mare who ran in 3 Breeders Cups. Maybe it's the Rachel fans vs. the Zenyatta fans? Not sure what the deal is and why so many people hate any connection to Zenyatta. Strange.
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 02:17:27 PM »

This debate will never die and I think Rachel was a tremendous filly. However, a closer look at her 3 wins vs. males showed her beating arguably the worst Kentucky Derby winner over the last 50 years in the Preakness and arguably the worst field ever assembled in the Woodward that year as well. Her Haskel win was awesome and she did beat Summer Bird that day. Haskel winners are always font runners and that race was at 1 1/8th, by far, RA's best distance as she never won beyond that distance. Summer Bird was a monster at 1 1/4 and he displayed that power in the Travers. I booked a trip to OP in 2010 to watch the great race between RA and Zenyatta. The RA connections decided not to show after the purse was hiked to $5 Million. That told me all that I needed to know about who would have won.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »

The worst Derby winner in the last 50 years? ok   if you say so laughing guy
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 02:25:19 PM »

The worst Derby winner in the last 50 years? ok   if you say so laughing guy

That's, of course, my opinion. It's a Subjective comment. Obviously, maybe a horse was worse than MTB but I gotta tell ya, I was scratching my head for weeks on how he won that race....that usually doesn't happen to me. Usually I can see something......I completely tossed him that day as did many others.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 02:30:02 PM »

He was beaten about a length in the Preakness and about 3 lengths in the Belmont.
How many horses don't even compete in all 3 TC races let alone finish that well in them. He was legit.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 02:33:57 PM »

He was beaten about a length in the Preakness and about 3 lengths in the Belmont.
How many horses don't even compete in all 3 TC races let alone finish that well in them. He was legit.

That's because he ran against a bunch of garbage... laughing guy

Where has he won anywhere else that impressed you?
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 02:35:59 PM »

Great point, and that's the mystery. He did absolutely NOTHING before or since those races. The crop was very weak outside of Summer Bird.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 02:37:24 PM »

This debate will never die and I think Rachel was a tremendous filly. However, a closer look at her 3 wins vs. males showed her beating arguably the worst Kentucky Derby winner over the last 50 years in the Preakness and arguably the worst field ever assembled in the Woodward that year as well. Her Haskel win was awesome and she did beat Summer Bird that day. Haskel winners are always font runners and that race was at 1 1/8th, by far, RA's best distance as she never won beyond that distance. Summer Bird was a monster at 1 1/4 and he displayed that power in the Travers. I booked a trip to OP in 2010 to watch the great race between RA and Zenyatta. The RA connections decided not to show after the purse was hiked to $5 Million. That told me all that I needed to know about who would have won.

The racing world already forgot about Rachel. When she ducked out of the big showdown in Arkansas for a $5,000,000 purse they knew she was a fraud. She also dodged every BC race, go figure.
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 02:42:55 PM »

The worst Derby winner in the last 50 years? ok   if you say so laughing guy

http://www.horsehats.com/KentuckyDerbyWinners.html

Show me a horse, in your opinion, that was a worse KY Derby winner than MTB since 1963. Some of those horses in the 60's I'm a little sketchy on. Maybe the older cappers in here can enlighten us.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:44:57 PM by STIVO » Report to moderator   Logged
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 02:48:13 PM »

http://www.horsehats.com/KentuckyDerbyWinners.html

Show me a horse, in your opinion, that was a worse KY Derby winner than MTB since 1963. Some of those horses in the 60's I'm a little sketchy on. Maybe the older cappers in here can enlighten us.

One word --- GIACOMO
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 02:50:10 PM »

Going into the Derby he had the top ranked Fr1 and EP of the race.
The trainer instructed the rider to take him back and make him a one-run closer. It obviously worked,he used his "move" at the end instead of early.
Who could have seen that coming? I expected him to get burned out as part of the early pace.
How many trainers change the running style of their horse in the biggest race of it's life?
He was a little horse and maybe the rigors of a full TC campaign eventually took their toll on him.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 02:55:50 PM »

I wonder if it is the hatred for John Sherriffs, Zenyatta, California racing, or the Broodmare, Vertigineux, that spits all of these great mares out like Balance, Zenyatta, and Eblouissante? Maybe Jealousy? A HOY and BC Classic Champion mare who ran in 3 Breeders Cups. Maybe it's the Rachel fans vs. the Zenyatta fans? Not sure what the deal is and why so many people hate any connection to Zenyatta. Strange.

It's like the Cubs. You don't really hate the team, or even really care about it one way or another, but you can't stand the fans.

Though to be fair, unlike Cubs fans, Z fans actually had a little something to crow about.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »

One word --- GIACOMO

Are you nuts?... laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Quit smoking that shit and wise up! bang head
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 04:14:53 PM »

http://www1.drf.com/tc/kentuckyderby/2005/pps/2005derbywinner.pdf

Giacomo's PP's.

This horse was much better as a 3YO than MTB and even better as a 4YO as he beat older horses in the SD-G2. He also ran 3rd in the Goodwood G-1 and 4th in BC Classic with a 109 BSF.  He won the Derby and was 3rd in the Preakness as a 3YO. I think we can all agree that Afleet Alex was far and away better than any colt MTB ran against in the TC races. He ran 2nd behind the freakishly fast Consolidator in the San Felipe. Giacomo was far and away the better horse.

Giacomo was also trained by John Shirreffs, is this why you mentioned him? lol

MTB PP's

http://www1.drf.com/tc/kentuckyderby/2009/pps/minethatbird.pdf
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:30:35 PM by STIVO » Report to moderator   Logged
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 04:24:33 PM »

MTB also ran 4 times under D. Wayne Lukas that don't show up on the PP's above. He never hit the board as a 4YO (Giacomo won a G-2) finishing 8th, 5th, 7th, and 10th.

http://www.horseracingnation.com/horse/Mine_That_Bird#
jgp

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 04:57:33 PM »

Terry, I would actually say the same about sox fans.  I'm a cubs fan that doesn't really hate the sox, why should I?  The cubs are terrible and still draw bigger crowds and higher TV and radio audiences.  Why would I hate the White Sox?  I hate the Cardinals, because we are in the same division and compete more times per season.  And was raised to love the cubs and hate the cardinals.  Cubs vs. sox games weren't around growing up, so its not a long storied rivalry.  But sox fans seem to be the stepchild of the Chicago's sports family.  Bitter that, even with a recent world series win, they are still Chicago's second baseball team. 
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 04:58:43 PM »

Zenyatta's half sister has now won her first 2 races with the same running style. I'd say their mom is one valuable broodmare!

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/8855795/eblouissante-wins-again-santa-anita

She sure finishes well. Loved her gallop out, too.

And no doubt her dam is a serious one -- Balance was a really good horse in her own right, and then along came Zenyatta, and now who knows what this one might be?
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 04:59:31 PM »

Are you nuts?... laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Quit smoking that shit and wise up! bang head

Man, I haven't smoked any weed since 8:00 a.m., give me a break.
As for Giacomo, his record speaks for itself: 16  3-2-5
Yep, still eligible for non-winners of four, maybe he's ready for a comeback.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: