Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 23, 2014, 04:35:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY DOES GURAL BAN HERRERA???????  (Read 1919 times)
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »

Keep up the good work Jeff
Report to moderator   Logged
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 12:05:07 PM »

Regardless what you think about Herrera he has not gotten a positive unlike the other names mentioned so that is wrong and we cannot call him a cheat unlike the others until it is proven.

Just like Lance Armstrong.....huh.  I raced against him for years and heard shit first hand that others on this site don't even know anything about. And this came from the powers that be not some groom.
TheRedMile

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »

Keep up the good work Jeff

thumbs up thumbs up
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 12:16:28 PM »

Maybe Gural should takeover all the tracks and he could kick out more of the cheaters. Just cause they haven't received a positive that doesn't mean they aren't cheating I.E. Lance Armstrong.
Owners of the tracks that turn their heads the other way are just as guilty as these trainers. And the horse owners who hire these cheaters know they are cheating but, they don't care just like the drivers know who is cheating and that is who they want to drive for cause it is like everyone else in this sick business.......it is all about the money and nothing else such as honesty and integrity. NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE A STAND. Good for Gural
burton

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »

Bravo Jeff Gural.

As for Burke, that barn has more horses than anyone.
I would think they have been tested more than anyone.
Gural keeps them.
If he thought they were not playing by the rules he'd toss them.
The argument about tossing them would hurt the horse population only goes so far.
If the Burke's were unable to race, their owners would still need to pay for the horses care etc; they would race in another barn.
The number of horses competing would'nt really change.

Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 01:34:28 PM »

Per the $2 bettor, for the most part, he does not exist.

Back in the day when harness racing ruled the night, there were thousands of two-dollar bettors and they controlled the game.

Today's $2 bettor is someone who shows up three times a year and asks about the funny straps around the horses' legs.  No track owner will do anything based on the wishes of the few $2 bettors.
swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 01:38:37 PM »

Bravo Jeff Gural.

As for Burke, that barn has more horses than anyone.
I would think they have been tested more than anyone.
Gural keeps them.
If he thought they were not playing by the rules he'd toss them.
The argument about tossing them would hurt the horse population only goes so far.
If the Burke's were unable to race, their owners would still need to pay for the horses care etc; they would race in another barn.
The number of horses competing would'nt really change.

BS HE KNOWS THEY ARE NOT PLAYING BY THE RULES  But when you have 250+ horses Sounds to me like the track needs them. Gural is full of _hit he tosses as he wishes. He has been involved with cheats himself as long as the ball is on his court its ok. Didn't Ledfraud had the Little E Horses? Now he has horse with Miller and Ray S! Isn't Rays wife a vet! Trust me these horses are not just racing on hay and oats!!!!

As to Farley/ Kesmodel, Croghan, Allard, and many more with positives its ok if we know what you are using so we can also use it then throw the test down the toilet. But Pena and Herrera since we have no idea what your using you cant play in my backyard...  
jdizigg

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 02:36:20 PM »

Listen, it is what it is.  As somebody who watches tens of thousands of harness races every year.  If you dont know who's preracing your not winning period especially out east.  I wish i could say differently but i see it with my own eyes.  Somebody look up Richard Moreau's stats first start off the claim or a private purchase. ITS EYE POPPING, Casie Coleman last year was deadly first start off of anybody else.  Im not saying these guys or anybody is cheating because maybe there not i dont have any proof.  Whatever there using must be legal so theres nothing you can do other than put them on your ticket.  But i will tell you this you cant make money unless you know the nuances of everything about trainers these days and it didnt use to be like that....
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 02:43:16 PM »

Listen, it is what it is.  As somebody who watches tens of thousands of harness races every year.  If you dont know who's preracing your not winning period especially out east.  I wish i could say differently but i see it with my own eyes.  Somebody look up Richard Moreau's stats first start off the claim or a private purchase. ITS EYE POPPING, Casie Coleman last year was deadly first start off of anybody else.  Im not saying these guys or anybody is cheating because maybe there not i dont have any proof.  Whatever there using must be legal so theres nothing you can do other than put them on your ticket.  But i will tell you this you cant make money unless you know the nuances of everything about trainers these days and it didnt use to be like that....

JD In any sport there are over achievers and under achievers.

This is the only game I know where the over achievers are looked at with a raised eyebrow.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »

Racism seems to be the only logical answer. What he is doing is akin to welcoming Roger Clemens into the Hall of Fame with open arms and keeping Greg Maddux out because he "thinks" he was cheating.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:50:10 PM by HarnessFanDE » Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
jdizigg

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 02:54:21 PM »

JD In any sport there are over achievers and under achievers.

This is the only game I know where the over achievers are looked at with a raised eyebrow.

I agree.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 03:58:02 PM »

I don't accept 'whatever they are using it must be legal.'  For trainers like Coleman and Pena I say, "whatever they are using it must be illegal and undetectable."  I make that statement with no proof and absolute conviction that it true.  Their success defies logic.

You are correct about the importance of knowing the nuances of trainers today.  I did awfully well at this game for years without paying any attention to the trainer.  That ship has sailed.
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 05:03:59 PM »

Jerome---Such is the state of harnes racing. Maybe Gural is doing his best to clean up the gane as he sees fit, but hes doing it in a very odd manner. Burke should be the first to go, and that doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out

Jerome-- explain in detail the reasons Burke should be banned from the Meadowlands.   Let's hear some real proof....
What drugs is he using???  do you have pictures??   Or are you just beating your chest Huh

Bet with Integrity .....Bet with Gural !
burton

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »

Jerome---Such is the state of harnes racing. Maybe Gural is doing his best to clean up the gane as he sees fit, but hes doing it in a very odd manner. Burke should be the first to go, and that doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out

Jerome-- explain in detail the reasons Burke should be banned from the Meadowlands.   Let's hear some real proof....
What drugs is he using???  do you have pictures??   Or are you just beating your chest Huh
Some people just can't stand to see others succeed.
Especially if they don't do it the same way success has been achieved before.
Many of the Burke haters always mention the fact that he trains 200 horses.
As if that fact alone makes him a crook.
The facts are they train more horses than anyone in the business.
I would think that they have had more horses tested than anyone else too.
Yet no major infractions.
They have a business plan in a sport that for a long time was a mom and pop industry.
Some people cannot understand how the Burke's can run their business as they do and be successful.
Such ignorance of a situation often leads to unsubstantiated accusations.
Let me be bold and make a substantiated factual comment.
Just because they have 200 horses does not make them crooks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:25:35 PM by burton » Report to moderator   Logged
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »

IF burke was cheating Gural would throw him out cold !!   We can at least be confident burke would not be that stupid to be cheating right under Gurals nose.  The MEDS is without a doubt the cleanest harness track operating today.... is it perfect....NO......but Gural cannot be "bought"  he dosent need the money.....    I feel the best when betting the Meadowlands.... 

geezer  I feel irish clean when betting the big M  ...... clover

pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 09:19:41 PM »

I don't accept 'whatever they are using it must be legal.'  For trainers like Coleman and Pena I say, "whatever they are using it must be illegal and undetectable."  I make that statement with no proof and absolute conviction that it true.  Their success defies logic.

You are correct about the importance of knowing the nuances of trainers today.  I did awfully well at this game for years without paying any attention to the trainer.  That ship has sailed.

A great retort and a very intelligent answer to what has become a cancer on this business. In our society we are suppose to be innocent until proven guilty but, a lot of deceitful people has used this to their advantage. Not just trainers but vets as well. When a vet hands viles, needles, and syringes to someone they just crossed a line. It happens everywhere whether people want to believe it or not. State jurisdictions cannot test for synthetic drugs.....that is the bottom line when people think cause a guy hasn't had any serious positives means absolutely nothing. I have seen to many trainers coming to the barn with their silver briefcase and take care of business. All had the same style......which was also really strange as well. I guess it is a fraternity. They look at honest owners, trainers, and drivers as suckers.
dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 11:24:34 PM »

IF burke was cheating Gural would throw him out cold !!   We can at least be confident burke would not be that stupid to be cheating right under Gurals nose.  The MEDS is without a doubt the cleanest harness track operating today.... is it perfect....NO......but Gural cannot be "bought"  he dosent need the money.....    I feel the best when betting the Meadowlands.... 

geezer  I feel irish clean when betting the big M  ...... clover

He can't be directly bought.....Croghan has more positives then all those trainers combined....he can race because Eric Cherry is Ross's largest owner who also happens to be a large investor in the track
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2013, 06:03:30 AM »

Maybe Gural should takeover all the tracks and he could kick out more of the cheaters. Just cause they haven't received a positive that doesn't mean they aren't cheating I.E. Lance Armstrong.
Owners of the tracks that turn their heads the other way are just as guilty as these trainers. And the horse owners who hire these cheaters know they are cheating but, they don't care just like the drivers know who is cheating and that is who they want to drive for cause it is like everyone else in this sick business.......it is all about the money and nothing else such as honesty and integrity. NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE A STAND. Good for Gural

Has ross croghan had any positives at the Meadowlands?  Is this something sulky can expose Huh?   Can someone print a record of the positives??  I would be more then happy to present the Meadowlands mgmnt with this information...    Dont tell me its public knowledge..... just get a list to me....a recent one....

Thank you .
 trotter
Sulky
Fans for the integrity of harness racing   

dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2013, 10:15:31 AM »

Has ross croghan had any positives at the Meadowlands?  Is this something sulky can expose Huh?   Can someone print a record of the positives??  I would be more then happy to present the Meadowlands mgmnt with this information...    Dont tell me its public knowledge..... just get a list to me....a recent one....

Thank you .
 trotter
Sulky
Fans for the integrity of harness racing   

I think Ross has over 500 suspension days in his career.....7 positives in NJ....hey Toscano has 4 major violations as well.

sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2013, 10:32:53 AM »

wow .......thanks dnnj1  ,,,,,    500 suspension days??? Whoa........

I didnt think Linda had 4 majors.....  she sent a letter out saying she never had any violations,,,, hmmmmmmm    were these violations recent?   

The Meds has a list a mile long of banned trainers.....  how bad were those guys I wonder???   

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: