Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 05:43:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY DOES GURAL BAN HERRERA???????  (Read 2368 times)
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:19 AM »

Clean record and yet Burke, Croghan, Daley, Coleman, Fraley, Allard & others are allowed. Sets up for a great descrimination lawsuit in my opinion. screwy screwy

Gural only likes mexicans who sweep the Meadowlands floor or clean his house and laundry it seems?  Bad for business to pick and choose. thumbs up
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:31:45 AM by popcorn pennyless » Report to moderator   Logged
Jerome B

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 10:35:36 AM »

Clean record and yet Burke, Croghan, Daley, Coleman, Fraley, Allard & others are allowed. Sets up for a great descrimination lawsuit in my opinion. screwy screwy

Gural only likes mexicans who sweep the Meadowlands floor or clean his house and laundry it seems?  Bad for business to pick and choose. thumbs up
Hes "picking and choosing".  Herrera's record is clean the last few years and has some very minor positives in 2010. But he worked for Pena and Im guessing Gural views that as "your out". Meanwhile the above trainers have far worse suspicions ans positives. Yonkers has no problem with Herrera.  Weather or not hes a juicer, how can Gural possibly justify denying him access there and allow Burke, Allard and the rest of the above listed the ability to race there. Gilbert has not tested positive for anything. Allard certainly did, as did numerous others racing there. Makes no sense at all. Herrera is taking the high road and says its fine, he'll race at Yonkers and earn a nice living. He simply says his association with Pena is the reason, and hes right.  Selective banning doesnt make very much sense

Such is the state of harnes racing. Maybe Gural is doing his best to clean up the gane as he sees fit, but hes doing it in a very odd manner. Burke should be the first to go, and that doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out
Report to moderator   Logged
Steve G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »

is there a list of who isnt allowed to enter at the meadowlands?
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 11:04:32 AM »

Don't know.  But one would like to think that it is based on evidence secured by private investigators.
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 11:06:10 AM »

Don't know.  But one would like to think that it is based on evidence secured by private investigators.

If that was true then all the multiple offenders would have been gone first so that is total BS
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 11:08:33 AM »

I believe he has a right to exclude anyone he wants just as gamblers have a right not to bet on his product.  I'm not saying this is right, wrong or anything else but I believe he does have the right.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 11:09:44 AM »

His house so he can do what he wants whether we like it or not.
Wonder if he still has his designated P L O P reader and other site reader ?
Nice position.  Is it still available for resumes Huh?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 11:10:46 AM »

If that was true then all the multiple offenders would have been gone first so that is total BS

You have as little information as I do.
Jerome B

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 11:11:38 AM »

And this evidence is not being made avaialable to the general public as in the case of Herera. What possible reason would there be for taking that route. Why keep that information classified ? Ans as was just stated, the proven multiple offenders get a pass. Where's the logic ?
TheRedMile

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 11:13:07 AM »

are you saying gural maybe a racist ?
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 11:14:10 AM »

His house so he can do what he wants whether we like it or not.
Wonder if he still has his designated P L O P reader and other site reader ?
Nice position.  Is it still available for resumes Huh?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Jeff, Newlin and the rest of his corporate suck ups read Poop daily as do the egguslegus crew.
Jerome B

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 11:16:27 AM »

I believe he has a right to exclude anyone he wants just as gamblers have a right not to bet on his product.  I'm not saying this is right, wrong or anything else but I believe he does have the right.

Of course he can do what he wants. He can exclude anybody he wishes without cause. Bur where's the justification for keeping the cheats around ?

This isnt going to work out very well . Bad business. I believe Herera isnt above board by any means. But the rest listed here are ? Please, lets get real.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 11:18:32 AM »

Of course he can do what he wants. He can exclude anybody he wishes without cause. Bur where's the justification for keeping the cheats around ?

This isnt going to work out very well . Bad business. I believe Herera isnt above board by any means. But the rest listed here are ? Please, lets get real.
If he actually banded those who are NOT above board, could he fill a card Huh
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 11:18:45 AM »

I certainly get your point but let's be honest, unless it hurts his business he will keep them around.  If the gamblers say no more bets until house is cleaned, then maybe.  But really what are the chances that the fans/gamblers actually work together to infuence a change?
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 11:21:09 AM »

I certainly get your point but let's be honest, unless it hurts his business he will keep them around.  If the gamblers say no more bets until house is cleaned, then maybe.  But really what are the chances that the fans/gamblers actually work together to infuence a change?

If that was the case then why ban Pena and Herrera? At least the $2 bettors could usually cash a ticket with them and keep coming back for more regardless of the payout. The $2 bettors are the ones who get turned off even more by the selective banning as it now creates horses winning with ridiculous form reversals.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 11:22:52 AM »

If that was the case then why ban Pena and Herrera? At least the $2 bettors could usually cash a ticket with them and keep coming back for more regardless of the payout. The $2 bettors are the ones who get turned off even more by the selective banning as it now creates horses winning with ridiculous form reversals.

I don't think the $2 bettor is who they listen to.
Jerome B

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 11:24:28 AM »

It wont hurts his business one bit,  because gamblers could care less. but it certainly doesnt make it right. Thats the point here, and what is his motivation ?
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »

I don't think the $2 bettor is who they listen to.

He better listen to the $2 dollar bettor because he lost most of his big players years ago under the other regime after being treated awful and a rewards program that catered to nobody but themselves.
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 11:32:45 AM »

Good for Gural. Does not matter what people think. His track and he can do what he wants and if he is trying to clean up racing one cheater at a time with the ones who are the most obvious then good for him. Name one track operator that is trying to clean up racing or even doing anything worthwhile to help the reputation in racing Huh?? You won't find one. WHY IS THAT Huh??
Complain about the people who promote cheating at their track and letting the vets at these tracks helping all these cheaters.....if you are reading this you know who you are. Just like the Lance Armstrong's of the world.....LIE AND DENY UNTIL YOU DIE.
And just FYI the aforementioned used to be known as Arm and Hammer.... laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 11:34:23 AM »

Good for Gural. Does not matter what people think. His track and he can do what he wants and if he is trying to clean up racing one cheater at a time with the ones who are the most obvious then good for him. Name one track operator that is trying to clean up racing or even doing anything worthwhile to help the reputation in racing Huh?? You won't find one. WHY IS THAT Huh??
Complain about the people who promote cheating at their track and letting the vets at these tracks helping all these cheaters.....if you are reading this you know who you are. Just like the Lance Armstrong's of the world.....LIE AND DENY UNTIL YOU DIE.
And just FYI the aforementioned used to be known as Arm and Hammer.... laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Guess you never heard of Burke, Croghan, Daley, Norman, Fraley or Johnson for starters. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy screwy
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »

Its like going after Manny when Scarface is moving 3 kilos of Yayo..

*** boy is one & the same as his teacher...I am glad JG tossed his *** as s out to the curb...50% winining percentage at 3 tracks when he was barely a force at Cal PO

I for one would rather bet on races that he is not INVOLVED with
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:25:42 PM by jrstark » Report to moderator   Logged
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 11:49:24 AM »

Guess you never heard of Burke, Croghan, Daley, Norman, Fraley or Johnson for starters. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy screwy

Yeah.... been is the business 40 years and never seen anyone even remotely trying to clean things up at all.  All the cheats you mention would not be around today if there were guys like Gural operating tracks across the country instead of all these weasels who let them get away with cheating and by doing that it promoted others in the barn area to try to keep up by cheating as well. Cheating promotes more cheating and that is why harness racing is the way it is.  What is your stance.....do you want cheaters or not Huh??
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »

Yeah.... been is the business 40 years and never seen anyone even remotely trying to clean things up at all.  All the cheats you mention would not be around today if there were guys like Gural operating tracks across the country instead of all these weasels who let them get away with cheating and by doing that it promoted others in the barn area to try to keep up by cheating as well. Cheating promotes more cheating and that is why harness racing is the way it is.  What is your stance.....do you want cheaters or not Huh??

Regardless what you think about Herrera he has not gotten a positive unlike the other names mentioned so that is wrong and we cannot call him a cheat unlike the others until it is proven.
Jerome B

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 11:52:49 AM »

Nobody does. But dont pick the ones you want and let the others continue to cheat. Is that what you want ?
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 11:59:26 AM »

It wont hurts his business one bit,  because gamblers could care less. but it certainly doesnt make it right. Thats the point here, and what is his motivation ?

His main motivation is to make money, that's any business.  Beyond that it's pure speculation as to why.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: