Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 12:55:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, who was the one who said it?  (Read 431 times)
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« on: January 17, 2013, 09:16:46 PM »

just before the opener at the big M someone here stated to "look out for the horses shipping in from freehold" or at least thats how i understood it.  brother you were right on thumbs up
i believe the $4K exacta in the 2nd race on opening night was 2 freehold shippers and tonight with ladybones.
im too lazy to research it but you know who you are and i hope you're making a fortune on that info.  you deserve it and thanks for sharing it with the schlubs round here thumbs up
Report to moderator   Logged

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »

just before the opener at the big M someone here stated to "look out for the horses shipping in from freehold" or at least thats how i understood it.  brother you were right on thumbs up
i believe the $4K exacta in the 2nd race on opening night was 2 freehold shippers and tonight with ladybones.
im too lazy to research it but you know who you are and i hope you're making a fortune on that info.  you deserve it and thanks for sharing it with the schlubs round here thumbs up
There was one meet several years back, that you didn't need to handicap any race that had a Canadian shipper...whoever it was from whatever class....it won...
Even though I respect the opinions of many on here, I figured so many races had multiple Freehold shippers so it was hard to differentiate.
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »

There was one meet several years back, that you didn't need to handicap any race that had a Canadian shipper...whoever it was from whatever class....it won...
Even though I respect the opinions of many on here, I figured so many races had multiple Freehold shippers so it was hard to differentiate.

i remember that meet and i think im still partial to the canadian ship ins....very dangerous angle imo.

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:32:35 PM »

i remember that meet and i think im still partial to the canadian ship ins....very dangerous angle imo.
Cecil, have you noticed any Saratoga horses doing well at Big M?  They generally did well in past. Pcd did well too....seems to change meet to meet sometimes.
It's funny how certain tracks are live horses and others are throw outs. Years ago at Yonkers, a Dover, Rcr, or Harrington horse...Never won...I don't follow Yonkers closely anymore so it might have changed.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 10:39:27 AM »

That was me.  And the angle has been very rewarding as there have not been that many Freehold shippers at the swamp.

Things change so you have to be observant.  Yonkers shippers are still weak and Canadian shippers remain strong.  Remember that Canadian shippers become very weak at the swamp after the weather warms up.

Best to ignore horses with strong PcD lines.  Saratoga horses are generally weak, while Monticello horses are stronger than in previous years -- but still on the weak side.

There have been a couple of Rosecroft surprises as they are historically unbettable.  Lebanon horses seem surprisingly good.  As always, you only bet Meadows pacing shippers with positive trainer changes, but always bet Meadows shippers who are trotters.  Worst value at the Meadowlands:  A Meadows pacing shipper with Burke lines there.

Haven't got a feel for Dover horses yet.  My gut feeling is that they have had some bad racing luck and expect some surprises.

Of course, once horses establish what they can do at the big track, ignore their previous history.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: