Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 02:21:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's A Long Drive Home After The Last Race When You Don't Get A Check !!!!  (Read 1146 times)
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 10:12:05 AM »

last spring a horse i was in on was racing at tioga, goes off as the fav and chits the bed completely. rained cats and dogs the whole ride home. 3 hours of hell.
same nag was racing in the 14th or 15 race at pocono a few weeks later..same senario except this time she was a t long odds and raced as such.  just watched the replay again today and i can still see my head drop at the finish line as the whole reality set in of how long id been waiting for the race, how much i had into the filly and how long the ride home was gonna be.....funny now. not then. Cheesy

Sorry to hear that.
Report to moderator   Logged
Illinois sucks

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »

Last year left Illinois for a summer driving trip with the family.  Stopped in Ohio to see my wife grand parents, then to The Meadows to see our 3 yr old pacer finish fourth, the next day a 2 yr old trotter broke early but finish 4th in a Stallion race, and two days later another 2 yr trotter at the Meadowlands finish dead last in a Sire stake.  We had a great time did Gettysburg, Philly, Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island along the way.  The kicker how every was the following week my pacer won and my two year old filly trotter won a stake at Tiago.  Go figure, timing.  My kids love the horses and watching the races so it was all good.
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 10:35:21 AM »

Last year left Illinois for a summer driving trip with the family.  Stopped in Ohio to see my wife grand parents, then to The Meadows to see our 3 yr old pacer finish fourth, the next day a 2 yr old trotter broke early but finish 4th in a Stallion race, and two days later another 2 yr trotter at the Meadowlands finish dead last in a Sire stake.  We had a great time did Gettysburg, Philly, Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island along the way.  The kicker how every was the following week my pacer won and my two year old filly trotter won a stake at Tiago.  Go figure, timing.  My kids love the horses and watching the races so it was all good.
We need the younger generation in the sport !!!
 beer
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 10:37:24 AM »

ITS A LONG WAY HOME EVEN WITH A CHECK
$3200 PURSE AT 5% $160 MINUS $25 FOR DRIVER= $135 LASIX $15= $120 PADDOCK $50= $70 SHIPPING $50 =$20
So you finish 5th and you get 20 dollars and maybe your trainer get 30 dollars a day in Illinois .
In turn you GOT A CHECK ON RACE DAY AND LOST 10 DOLLARS
Even if the horses wins the race by the end of the month with all the bills you won't make much money

aint dat da truth thumbs up doh
pay attention sulkyfrommarssellingdimebags...this will be your story in a few months.  bail when you first think you're gonna lose more than expected because at that point you havent lost it ALL yet sneaky Grin  and trust those instincts, you may throw a few grand down the commode (initial investment) but think of all the $ your gonna save by not having that bill next month, and the month after, and the month after that.
and btw: keep an eye out for your nags qualifiers/races because VIP doesnt let the owners know jack squat about their investments either.  only emails you get from them are pushing more stock Roll Eyes
quite the operation they got going on there Lips Sealed

....let me tell you bout a filly that made it to her SS FINALS  2 years in a row and still couldnt turn any sort of proffit....100% fact.

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »

aint dat da truth thumbs up doh
pay attention sulkyfrommarssellingdimebags...this will be your story in a few months.  bail when you first think you're gonna lose more than expected because at that point you havent lost it ALL yet sneaky Grin  and trust those instincts, you may throw a few grand down the commode (initial investment) but think of all the $ your gonna save by not having that bill next month, and the month after, and the month after that.
and btw: keep an eye out for your nags qualifiers/races because VIP doesnt let the owners know jack squat about their investments either.  only emails you get from them are pushing more stock Roll Eyes
quite the operation they got going on there Lips Sealed

....let me tell you bout a filly that made it to her SS FINALS  2 years in a row and still couldnt turn any sort of proffit....100% fact.
Ain't Dat Da Truth !!!
 thumbs up thumbs up
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 11:38:42 AM »

so hard to make a buckin this business...but for all the onwer/partial owners out there: BOL thumbs up

ur gonna neeeed it! Grin

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: