Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 07:19:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Passing Lane: A Good Thing or A Disaster  (Read 2121 times)
IRA

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »

Yes. I think so . But the tracks are afraid to try.  They think slots are the answer to evarything.look at Canada.slots did not help horsemen there. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »

One problem with the passing lane is that judges administer infractions differently.  If one was cynical (or observant) one might say that judges administer infractions differently depending on the drivers involved.

Abuses of the passing lane and pylons must be treated exactly the same on every track, removing the perception of partisan behavior by the officials.  I offer the following rules:

1)  If a front runner takes one step inside the passing lane (as seen by by a head on shot) and any trailiing horse is caused to check even for one step, the front runner should be disqualified.  If there is no perceivable change to trailing horses, there shall be no infraction.

2)  If a horse goes inside a pylon on a straightaway, and gains no advantage passing another horse, no infractiin.

3)  If a horse goes inside any pylon designated as a 'turn' pylon, the following penalties are awarded:

each pylon on a half mile track, penalize 1 length;
each pylon on a 5/8 track, penalize 1/2 length;
each pylong on a mile or 7/8 mile track, penalize 1/4 length.

(With today's technology, there is no problem doing this.)

When a penalty puts the offending horse less than a length ahead of another horse, the penalized horse shall be placed behind the virtual lapped on horse.  Among other benefits, this will eliminate the disqualification of horses who win by open lengths and drift inside one pylon.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 01:07:18 PM »

One problem with the passing lane is that judges administer infractions differently.  If one was cynical (or observant) one might say that judges administer infractions differently depending on the drivers involved.

Abuses of the passing lane and pylons must be treated exactly the same on every track, removing the perception of partisan behavior by the officials.  I offer the following rules:

1)  If a front runner takes one step inside the passing lane (as seen by by a head on shot) and any trailiing horse is caused to check even for one step, the front runner should be disqualified.  If there is no perceivable change to trailing horses, there shall be no infraction.

2)  If a horse goes inside a pylon on a straightaway, and gains no advantage passing another horse, no infractiin.

3)  If a horse goes inside any pylon designated as a 'turn' pylon, the following penalties are awarded:

When a penalty puts the offending horse less than a length ahead of another horse, the penalized horse shall be placed behind the virtual lapped on horse.  Among other benefits, this will eliminate the disqualification of horses who win by open lengths and drift inside one pylon.
You explained very well what is the only problem....inconsistency with enforcing infractions.
Otherwise, from a betting standpoint, it gives more horses a shot.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2013, 01:21:42 PM »

And isn't that the main purpose?  I know when I used to bet a horse who was 3rd down, that was that - it was on to the next race.  Instead I watch (like an idiot) & tear up my tickets when I see he has no pace!

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2013, 01:24:06 PM »

You explained very well what is the only problem....inconsistency with enforcing infractions.
And isn't that the main purpose?  I know when I used to bet a horse who was 3rd down, that was that - it was on to the next race.  Instead I watch (like an idiot) & tear up my tickets when I see he has no pace!
BINGO!!!!
That says it all.
Players want a shot every race.
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2013, 07:07:37 PM »

If you google Racetrack design Only Richard Herbert is the patent holder ...
IRA

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 08:22:04 PM »

As he is on our current patent.   And all our projects maroon
Robat

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2013, 09:10:40 PM »

You are expecting WAY TOO MUCH from the judges.. They can`t make a simple call now. You can`t give them any thing more to do...
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:03 PM »

Love the open stretch helps good handicappers.  Terrible to be loaded with pace with no where to go... HATE TRACKS that dont have it...

Couldnt agree more. Gives more horses a chance to win, if you're on a half mile track and the leader got destroyed in a duel and he's stopping on the far turn and you're in the pockie while raging, you're going to be fairly happy you have the passing lane.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2013, 01:11:50 AM »

and just why is that Ira ?
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2013, 03:24:10 AM »

RACETRACK DESIGN  PATENT # 5240459  APPLIED 2/28/1992  APPROVED 09/31/1993 RICHARD A HERBERT
Please IRA stop this madness of taking credit for others success
Next you'll say you helped with Apple or Microsoft  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
IRA

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2013, 09:08:45 AM »

I came on here to tell you how the open stretch was invented .im not a success. Im a bustout. Im not here in vegas with herbert.we have no other inventions together.im full of shit. And larry is a real sharp guy!  poor baby          :'(im just wasting my time.   censor censor
IRA

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2013, 09:18:41 AM »

I did help charlie gates once.  IS THAT THE SAME AS BILL???  dunno dunno dunno
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2013, 09:23:04 AM »

If this one hits ill be reading what the haters say from my boat in fla.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy beer
FYI  I have worked dilligently over the years perfecting the art of drinking beer on a boat.

Thought you should know... Grin

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2013, 10:37:55 AM »

I came on here to tell you how the open stretch was invented .im not a success. Im a bustout. Im not here in vegas with herbert.we have no other inventions together.im full of shit. And larry is a real sharp guy!  poor baby          :'(im just wasting my time.   censor censor

You said it IRA I DIDN'T
I just wanted you to confirm at least one of your many boasts on this site so i googled the patent . Low and behold no Ira Smolin was given any credit for what you posted . Maybe you should post what you can have confirmed just once please .
You credit yourself with helping trainers win races , scoring big on pick 5 races where your son is given grief due to your posts .
Good Luck
I hope you figure out where your at and whom you are with Mr. Smolin and i look forward to your new and exciting invention that will change the face of horse racing as we know it today
IRA

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2013, 12:19:34 PM »

I HAVE NOT BOASTED ABOUT ANYTHING ON HERE . JUST TRIED TO GIVE THE FACTS !! I UNDERSTANT YOU JUST WANNA  screw WITH ME,BUT YOU SHOULD DUMMY UP ONCE IN A WHILE.   I WANT CREDIT FOR NOTHING. dude   OUR INVENTION WILL CHANGE THE FACE OF RACING IF WE GET IT DONE!!  AND I STILL WONT WANT CREDIT .  I DONT BOAST, OR BRAG IM WAY PAST THAT CRAP!!    IM A MOOCH, BUSTOUT, LEAVE IT AT THAT. THATS GOOD . I LIKE THAT!!
Sookie

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2013, 12:26:57 PM »

If this one hits ill be reading what the haters say from my boat in fla.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy beer
yea ok screwy screwy screwy screwy screwy

will it help you spot 50/1 shots in a pic5 warming up?

who the f*** you kidding pal

LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2013, 04:08:52 AM »

I HAVE NOT BOASTED ABOUT ANYTHING ON HERE . JUST TRIED TO GIVE THE FACTS !! I UNDERSTANT YOU JUST WANNA  screw WITH ME,BUT YOU SHOULD DUMMY UP ONCE IN A WHILE.   I WANT CREDIT FOR NOTHING. dude   OUR INVENTION WILL CHANGE THE FACE OF RACING IF WE GET IT DONE!!  AND I STILL WONT WANT CREDIT .  I DONT BOAST, OR BRAG IM WAY PAST THAT CRAP!!    IM A MOOCH, BUSTOUT, LEAVE IT AT THAT. THATS GOOD . I LIKE THAT!!

Looks like more drama and maybe you can get a reality series from all the drama IRA
burton

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2013, 03:12:57 PM »

3 pages of comments and it seems the concensus is that most people prefer the open stretch.
Which is most definitley reflected in the handles for Northfield and Maywood versus the 5/8 mile tracks with better purses and horses.
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2013, 06:33:12 PM »

yea ok screwy screwy screwy screwy screwy

will it help you spot 50/1 shots in a pic5 warming up?

who the f*** you kidding pal

Wonder what else IRA has invented
Charlie J Croft

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 12:08:06 AM »

Who is Ira Smolin that everyone is talking about here ?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: