Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 15, 2014, 09:59:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twinspires/xpressbet  (Read 1522 times)
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:26:10 AM »

Their lawyers are laughing at the irb criticism.  They are not taking bets on the lowely il harness tracks and they know thats enough.   They know as long as horse wagering is legal in il/us, courts cant differentiate between your couch or satellite facility.  Most of all they know with Hawthorne ready to retire,  they have  the biggest bargaining chip in their pocket.  That is the crown and only jewel left in Illinoiis racing.  Mr. Laino and crew realize without that jewel there is no IRB anymore and there will be no Illinois racing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:57:26 AM by Trainer Rusty » Report to moderator   Logged
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 02:15:52 AM »

I applaud xpressbet and twinspires for keeping il safe and allowing bettors who shouldnt be driving to an otb off the roads. I applaud them for keeping bettors away from the bettors who havent bathed in a week.  I applaud them because some bettors avoided being in the middle of the fight that broke out tonight.  Twinspires and xpressbet, I applaud you.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:24:50 AM by Trainer Rusty » Report to moderator   Logged
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »

Most of all they know with Hawthorne ready to retire

Do you have a credible source for this allegation?

Or is it just more of the same ol' "backstretch bullshit".

I swear, you guys gossip more than the gray haired old broads at the local bingo parlor.  head shake
Report to moderator   Logged
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 04:28:18 PM »

Obviously, TwinSpires can differentiate what states online horse bets are legal (other than Illinois) because this is right from their web site:

"Q: In what other states is the new TwinSpires.com available?
A: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming. You can check TwinSpires.com for updates to this list as they become available."

I count 30 (including Illinois) and that doesn't include Texas. They must have lost that battle.

Anyone else remember when the tracks used to have signs by their pay phones that said something about wagering via the phones was prohibited?

What's the difference between TwinSpires, Xpressbet and a bookie right now? Nothing.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 05:34:35 PM »

As Artie Lange would say.....WEH!!!!!!
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 06:24:44 PM »

I am voting for Rusty to be the Illinois racing czar.

medal
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »

Illinois racing has one track struggling, horses with herpes, trainers can't leave and people are worried about a wager on gulfstream being placed at an otb or home.  unless you are at gulfstream, there's not a difference between the two.  on a scale of 1-10 of illinois racing problems. one being the lowest.  this should be a 1.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 12:25:14 PM »

"Q: In what other states is the new TwinSpires.com available?
A: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming. You can check TwinSpires.com for updates to this list as they become available."

I count 30 (including Illinois) and that doesn't include Texas. They must have lost that battle.

They might not be publicly ( nudge nudge Wink  Wink ) accepting new accounts from Texas, but they haven't stopped taking bets from guys with accounts there. I've checked with Texas buddies/acquaintances.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 02:37:53 PM »

Terry, I guess that doesn't surprise me.  Nothing they do surprises me anymore.  What I thought was interesting is they didn't list Indiana.  I know they don't own Hoosier any longer but I thought there was still some connection.  It's possible that Indiana has not legalized online wagering.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: