Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 01, 2014, 07:45:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TVG Phonies  (Read 1319 times)
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »

As you can see in past posts Im all for wagering through adw's without signatures from corrupt politicians.  Tvg was reading statements that all adw companies are not accepting wagers. WRONG. Dont false advertise.  Xpressbet and Twinspires customers are having wagering parties all throughout Illinois.   And they are acting like they just got that notice yesterday.  When in fact they got that notice last year.  Theyre trying to sell us great citizens of  Illinois their propaganda once again.
Report to moderator   Logged
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:12:00 PM »

Theres nothing wrong with otbs if its not snowing but how about consider an otb in the Huntley/Algonquin/LITH area.  The del webbers dont like driving to s elgin, hoffman, or mchenry.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:19:48 PM »

Hi, i'm Joe Theismann and i approve this message!

trophy
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 11:44:31 PM »

Hi, Joe!

How's your prostate doin' these days?

cliffyy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »

Hi, Joe!

dude   (_o_)   dude
MAGS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:55:40 PM »

Hi, Joe!

Super as in Super Beta  bang head
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 01:40:31 AM »

Congrats to steve byk from sirius radio and derbytrail.com.   he gave out pick 5 and pick 4 gp.  Better picking than tvg phonies.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 07:16:15 AM »

You spend an awful lot of time *** about a free service......If someone was willing to foot the millions upon millions it costs to put live racing into your home every year and not charge you a penny for it......If you were a REAL racing fan you might be a little more grateful to them

SHOWTIME!!!
NJGUY

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 08:43:18 AM »

Harness Fan I agree with you to a point.  Do you see the lineup during the week and weeknights.
Monday, Tuesday they don't start to 2pm.  Then you see Turf Paradise, and Western Fair.  They
used to show Parks.  What happened to the agreements they had with the other tracks.  Oaklawn
was great last year.  I think that was the best coverage they had of any track considering Frank
Miramahdi calls there and you got insight from him before every race.  I use the coverage for betting
The Big A.  NJ bets don't show it on the feed so that is good but overall they need more coverage.
How many times can you watch The Year and Review show or TVG Classics I think I have seen them
all.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 09:06:41 AM »

Harness Fan I agree with you to a point.  Do you see the lineup during the week and weeknights.
Monday, Tuesday they don't start to 2pm.  Then you see Turf Paradise, and Western Fair.  They
used to show Parks.  What happened to the agreements they had with the other tracks.  Oaklawn
was great last year.  I think that was the best coverage they had of any track considering Frank
Miramahdi calls there and you got insight from him before every race.  I use the coverage for betting
The Big A.  NJ bets don't show it on the feed so that is good but overall they need more coverage.
How many times can you watch The Year and Review show or TVG Classics I think I have seen them
all.

You know the issue with TVG is they feel they will get them same handles from any track...so they show you the tracks that give them the highest percentages of the handle.....that is why you see Western Fair instead of Dover......why you no longer see Oaklawn......Why you didnt see Tampa last year but they are back this year because they relented and gave up a few more crumbs back to TVG on the money bet through TVG......Look I agree that they make bad choices and I think they should always show the best available racing and take the hit on the percentage......Western Fair has a ridiculous 27% takeout on all wagers (except maybe the pick 4)......27% on WPS is a joke.....but it allows them to give a higher percentage back to TVG so thats why they are on......TVG cries that they are all about the bettor.....If that was true they would be showing Dover with an 18% WPS takeout instead of Western Fair......Plus the Dover racing is way better and the drivers/trainers way more familiar to the bettors.....Im not a fan of TVG by any means and I rarely watch but Ive been told for a long time you get what you pay for......So if you are paying nothing you cant expect much......Monday and Tuesday they could show PARX but choose not to even show it......That I completely dont understand.....I too miss Oaklawn.....Its one of the few tracks I would watch TVG to see

SHOWTIME!!!
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »

The biggest misnomer in racing is when TVG says "we're all about you"  By you they mean themselves.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »

You know the issue with TVG is they feel they will get them same handles from any track...so they show you the tracks that give them the highest percentages of the handle.....that is why you see Western Fair instead of Dover......why you no longer see Oaklawn......Why you didnt see Tampa last year but they are back this year because they relented and gave up a few more crumbs back to TVG on the money bet through TVG......Look I agree that they make bad choices and I think they should always show the best available racing and take the hit on the percentage......Western Fair has a ridiculous 27% takeout on all wagers (except maybe the pick 4)......27% on WPS is a joke.....but it allows them to give a higher percentage back to TVG so thats why they are on......TVG cries that they are all about the bettor.....If that was true they would be showing Dover with an 18% WPS takeout instead of Western Fair......Plus the Dover racing is way better and the drivers/trainers way more familiar to the bettors.....Im not a fan of TVG by any means and I rarely watch but Ive been told for a long time you get what you pay for......So if you are paying nothing you cant expect much......Monday and Tuesday they could show PARX but choose not to even show it......That I completely dont understand.....I too miss Oaklawn.....Its one of the few tracks I would watch TVG to see

From what I understand, you can't even bet Parx with them anymore, said they were not willing to 'deal' with them.

TVG is bad and the only thing they are good for is Keeneland now. With Del Mar having to be on HRTV, basically they are gonna have to reinvent themselves cause HRTV has better coverage and better talent.

I find it quite hilarious Todd Schrup's complete reversal on his opinion of Santa Anita. Couple years ago he was talking down about 'the other place' (Santa Anita) and all of a sudden cause they HAVE to carry them, its the greatest place on earth.

And don't get me started on Simon Bray or Greg Wolf, Bray is horrible on TV cause he tries to be Charles Barkley like, and Greg Wolf barely knows how to look at a program.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 11:26:17 AM »

From what I understand, you can't even bet Parx with them anymore, said they were not willing to 'deal' with them.

TVG is bad and the only thing they are good for is Keeneland now. With Del Mar having to be on HRTV, basically they are gonna have to reinvent themselves cause HRTV has better coverage and better talent.

I find it quite hilarious Todd Schrup's complete reversal on his opinion of Santa Anita. Couple years ago he was talking down about 'the other place' (Santa Anita) and all of a sudden cause they HAVE to carry them, its the greatest place on earth.

And don't get me started on Simon Bray or Greg Wolf, Bray is horrible on TV cause he tries to be Charles Barkley like, and Greg Wolf barely knows how to look at a program.

You are correct about PARX.  I went to look up results on their website and they are no longer listed.  PARX was the staple of their Monday and Tuesday afternoons.
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 12:58:47 PM »

WOLFY = DOUCHY

Man they got some bizarro  "talent" walking the TVG studios ..Starting to wonder if their studio was built above a nuclear waste dump site.

Out of all the talent (99%) which is appaling to me..I do like Matt Carruthers & Mike Joyce...

I think Matt comes up with some interesting angles & knows his racing...
Joyce only because he invented the CHUBBY BEAR & COORDINATING SOUND  (which was unfortunately banished by TVG & cal expo)

I tend to toggle back & forth between TVG & HRTV
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »

They should bring back the flaming wheelie bus and the car that drives off the cliff.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 01:38:44 PM »

Nothing is free since we pay for satellite.  I just think if tvg gave out spot plays like hrtvs edge show, where brad free gives out a great % of winning tickets, there would be limited criticism. Carrothers may have angles but they dont equal winners.   Tvg talents roi is horrible and they give out thousands of $ s of losing tickets a week.  Hrtv is informative, therefore their talent isnt judged the same way.  Because tvg is more gambling oriented they should have gamblers with good roi's on air.  Not goofs.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 01:45:23 PM »

Nothing is free since we pay for satellite.  I just think if tvg gave out spot plays like hrtvs edge show, where brad free gives out a great % of winning tickets, there would be limited criticism. Carrothers may have angles but they dont equal winners.   Tvg talents roi is horrible and they give out thousands of $ s of losing tickets a week.  Hrtv is informative, therefore their talent isnt judged the same way.  Because tvg is more gambling oriented they should have gamblers with good roi's on air.  Not goofs.

What's the exact ROI of each of the TVG guys, and where is that documented?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »

Someone gave it out once.  I use the dvr and my own eye test.  The best is ed burgart.  Maybe because he plays one circuit?  Matt carrothers gave out one of their "checkmark" winners last week.  A robot can throw a dart to a form and hit more.  He gives out 15-18(sometimes more) pick fours a week.   Minimum plays =$36.  Thats minimum, most are $48 -$60.  Minimum $540 - $900 a week on pick fours.  Thats a minimum of losing$28, 080 - $46, 800 a year.  This doesnt include the pick five and pick six tickets.  A true horseplayer wants minimum 3-1 on investment.  He has to make $200, 000 for the viewers minimum.  Hes not even hitting 2gs in a year.  This goes for all of them.  Matt c is just this example.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:11:06 PM by Trainer Rusty » Report to moderator   Logged
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 03:15:33 PM »

People defending them will say they really wouldnt play that way.   Ill say the reality is they are putting their face and name to their picks and plays and asking people to hit the "send" button with their real $.  When you do that you have to be held accountable for being a real loser.  Boom goes the dynamite!
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 03:20:53 PM »

Someone gave it out once.

"Someone" did, eh? Where did "someone" post that?

Matt carrothers gave out one of their "checkmark" winners last week.  A robot can throw a dart to a form and hit more.

Back when I used to watch TVG a lot he hit lots of these. Has he suddenly got worse?

He gives out 15-18(sometimes more) pick fours a week.   Minimum plays =$36.  Thats minimum, most are $48 -$60.  Minimum $540 - $900 a week on pick fours.  Thats a minimum of losing$28, 080 - $46, 800 a year.

So you're claiming here Matt Carrothers never ever hits any of his Pick 4's? I don't believe you.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 03:22:21 PM »

Brad Free with a spot play gave viewers minimum $550 off of $36 investment.  Mr byk gave viewers$1600 for a spot $100 investment.  Tvg would crow about this and not add they lost five times their win in the same day.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 05:58:21 PM »

I like gino and perloff and follow them on twitter.  So if theres nothing on tv I will watch night tvg even if I have no wagering interest.  I used to record tvg & hrtv on dvr during the day.   Starting this week I just record hrtv because they have the same and more tracks anyway.  The daytime touts got tiresome for daily criticism.  After these posts.
SandyLoam

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 02:38:52 PM »

Didn't want to start a new thread. TVG was absolutely abominable in its Dubai World Cup coverage today. They clearly did not do their research, knew only of the American horses and depended on, as so many sports coverage houses do, on the hook cliche. Carothers kept saying the "American contingency" when it should have been contingent. Contingency is a what if statement. As if, if the world needed to get rid of somebody, contingency would say "You, Matt." They had the geek British marketing guy from Betfair and GET HIS NAME WRONG. Pure laziness. They couldn't freakin' WAIT to get to Aqueduct. It is totally amazing to me how an entity in bad financial straits can be so lazy. But entitlement is a self declared right these days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: