Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 02:44:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANY LIMIT ON ATTEMPTS TO QUALIFY A TROTTER  (Read 1806 times)
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2013, 09:21:05 AM »

I noticed in todays first race qualifying race at balmoral park Earthquake Ernie is trying again after a breaking again and again and again . I wondered how many chances a trotter gets to qualify . For that matter does it make a difference for a pacer as opposed to a trotter .
I can't recall the last time i have seen a horse who breaks week after week trying to qualify as much as this trotter .
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:22:38 AM by LARRY TROTTER » Report to moderator   Logged
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »

Hope Ira doesnt decide to qualify horses after hearing he hurt RW
Report to moderator   Logged
APPRENTICE

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »

RITE head shake head shake head shake head shake
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:37:39 AM »

EARTHQUAKE IRA
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 11:39:24 AM »

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 01:06:22 PM »

EARTHQUAKE  XXX XXX Oh well maybe next week  dunno dunno dunno dunno dunno
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 03:26:33 PM »

Bump this thread when  he finally gets into a betting race, i'd love to 'bet against'.

Thanks.

Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »

Each track makes its own rules.

Makes no difference if its a pacer or trotter.
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 10:37:20 AM »

Well obviously balmoral park might be one of the most lenient
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 05:51:25 PM »

it's a qualifier

keep trying if you wish to and can afford to
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 02:16:18 PM »

dunno
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 12:59:44 PM »

Well looks like Earthquake Ernie will be back next week after xx xx for his new trainer Hansen . Do these guys sit behind the horse before they try and qualify . Seems like a real waste of time and effort to just throw the horse in a qualifier when you haven't a clue .
Maybe the horse is trying to break a record for the most qualifiers . I hope the owner is the trainer and isn't paying a training bill .
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »

ItS up to the state vet he can make u qualify as many times as he wants no matter what state

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »

Well obviously balmoral park might be one of the most lenient
when i was younger, the rule was you had 4 attempts and then had to sit out for 30 days.

They used to have a rule also, that if a horse didn't win in so many starts ( 65 I thought ) a horse would have to qualify and WIN that qualifier.... Reason why that pops into my head, as a kid I remember twice in Q's at the old Latonia Raceway where they had to let a horse win.....   

Not sure what the rules are today..
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 02:05:23 AM »

Interesting dinkdo cause it's seems even now most tracks change the rules to seemingly fit how many horses available and wheather conditions.
Use to out here when horse broke in mud it didn't count against but now if u have 3 bad lines u have to re qualify including mud breaks , but I kind of think its also cause they have a lot of horses now too.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Toad Queen

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 07:17:49 AM »

I once tried to Qualify a horse 15 times in a 8 month time frame.  She was good gaited and sound loved to go out and go fast just refused to stay trotting in a race. I used different trainers and different drivers.  Its when I did her myself she behaved...she qualified on the 15th try with an amateur driving...me...first start she won in 200 second start she won in 59 and I sold her...she went on to a record of 56 went to Europe and was the dam of a European champion.   Sometimes with trotters you just have to be patient...Pompano used to have a 3 try limit and then you had to change trainers...I think that rule was around more to give stalls to racehorses now with less horses available anythinig goes.

I tripled my investment in my trotter but I looked like an idot doing it...LOL....to me... an Owner Trainer Driver and not a bettor... it was fun !!!!
Toad Queen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 07:23:54 AM »

I forgot to mention she paid over $90 her first win and I think $70 her second win...I never had a dime on her...after she got a REAL driver it went down to even money but she never jumped again once she figured out what she was supposed to be doing...
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »

I once tried to Qualify a horse 15 times in a 8 month time frame.  She was good gaited and sound loved to go out and go fast just refused to stay trotting in a race. I used different trainers and different drivers.  Its when I did her myself she behaved...she qualified on the 15th try with an amateur driving...me...first start she won in 200 second start she won in 59 and I sold her...she went on to a record of 56 went to Europe and was the dam of a European champion.   Sometimes with trotters you just have to be patient...Pompano used to have a 3 try limit and then you had to change trainers...I think that rule was around more to give stalls to racehorses now with less horses available anythinig goes.

I tripled my investment in my trotter but I looked like an idot doing it...LOL....to me... an Owner Trainer Driver and not a bettor... it was fun !!!!

As long as your not paying a trainer it's a nice happy ending . Looks to me like this trotter has owners who pay a training bill . I was told the horse did quite well for Dee Cozzi in the past . I think it might be time to lay the horse off or sell him but i'm not the one paying the bills .
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »

OH WELL ... X 

swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »

If people didnt have egos they would let Connell Willis qualify him If anybody could figure out was is wrong with this trotter its snake. 
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 03:02:10 PM »

If people didnt have egos they would let Connell Willis qualify him If anybody could figure out was is wrong with this trotter its snake. 
Owner must need a write off
Hansen did better when he was 2nd trainer for Bernardi who trained Southern Rockettop
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 03:11:55 PM »

Owner must need a write off
Hansen did better when he was 2nd trainer for Bernardi who trained Southern Rockettop
Why the fixation on Eathquake Ernie, Larry?  Just curious, are you paying the bills?

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 04:29:05 PM »

Old and Slow,
                   While i am not paying the bills on Ernie and actually cashed a ticket on Ernie at least a year ago . I am a fan of harness racing an sports related records . I often find interesting records that stand out that are good and bad  . I enjoy trivia related questions and watching a trotter attempting to qualify so many times stands out . I hope Ernie can qualify but after so many attempts i wondered why trainers keep going week after week . Have you ever tried to qualify a horse or know of a horse who has at least 6 times like Ernie .
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »

Old and Slow,
                   While i am not paying the bills on Ernie and actually cashed a ticket on Ernie at least a year ago . I am a fan of harness racing an sports related records . I often find interesting records that stand out that are good and bad  . I enjoy trivia related questions and watching a trotter attempting to qualify so many times stands out . I hope Ernie can qualify but after so many attempts i wondered why trainers keep going week after week . Have you ever tried to qualify a horse or know of a horse who has at least 6 times like Ernie .
Ernie has some talent, and Gerry will figure him out.  Earlier in the thread you asked "Do these guys sit behind the horse before they try and qualify . Seems like a real waste of time and effort to just throw the horse in a qualifier when you haven't a clue ."  Yes, Gerry sits behind him every day.  Horse is sound and stays flat training. Races, for some reason, are different. Some horses are frustrating like that.

As you say, Gerry did a great job with Rocketop and I hope he gets this one lined out.

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
Dee

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 10:36:03 AM »

Ernie is a very nice horse, needs plenty of attention n hates being poked on.The more vet work the worse he is. I knew when he left my barn it broke his heart. Certin horses for certin people. Ernie is my kind of horse, n I Ernies kind of trainer.  dunno
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: