Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 11:52:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Isn't Brandon Givens Due Back Any Day Now to Drive?  (Read 709 times)
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »

Ashame he wasted his time with drugs. Had plenty of potential and hopefully can stay on the straight and narrow for good. I am guessing the August drug arrest ended his career for good?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:58:22 AM by popcorn pennyless » Report to moderator   Logged
jdizigg

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:50:06 AM »

No it wont end his career.  A lot of time people with addiction relapse even though they have made lots of progress.  Brandon will be back and i predict he will be a better person, father, and driver for his trials and tribulations  thumbs up
Report to moderator   Logged
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:50:53 AM »

No it wont end his career.  A lot of time people with addiction relapse even though they have made lots of progress.  Brandon will be back and i predict he will be a better person, father, and driver for his trials and tribulations  thumbs up

Hope you are correct.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »

I believe he is eligible to get a conditional license to drive on the 13th of this month

SHOWTIME!!!
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 12:57:52 PM »

I believe he is eligible to get a conditional license to drive on the 13th of this month

Wasn't that before the August incident? If not then the USTA is a joke as usual. That license was based on him staying clean from last January until October from what I read earlier this year?
jdizigg

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 01:00:40 PM »

Wasn't that before the August incident? If not then the USTA is a joke as usual. That license was based on him staying clean from last January until October from what I read earlier this year?

Kernal  laughing guy  Like i said before if you ask people who know how to treat addiction, its part of the process the kid did real good for a long time.  He gets credit for it.  Its all part of the process of beating the disease.  I hope Brandon makes it back he deserves another chance just like everybody else...  flag
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 01:04:36 PM »

Kernal  laughing guy  Like i said before if you ask people who know how to treat addiction, its part of the process the kid did real good for a long time.  He gets credit for it.  Its all part of the process of beating the disease.  I hope Brandon makes it back he deserves another chance just like everybody else...  flag
JD...although I agree you are a fine handicapper, However you are not an addiction expert. No one of us is..
Suffice it to say RELAPSE is NOT part of the process...Does it happen yes.  But, it is not something that you get credit for.
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »

Kernal  laughing guy  Like i said before if you ask people who know how to treat addiction, its part of the process the kid did real good for a long time.  He gets credit for it.  Its all part of the process of beating the disease.  I hope Brandon makes it back he deserves another chance just like everybody else...  flag

This has nothing to do with the addiction JDStigmata. It has to do with rules being made and he violated them and should not be reinstated until he can abide by them. He has already had enough chances. Let's bring back Case, Herve, Oosting, Irvine and the rest and give them a new track so people can wager on them too. thumbs up
jdizigg

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »

JD...although I agree you are a fine handicapper, However you are not an addiction expert. No one of us is..
Suffice it to say RELAPSE is NOT part of the process...Does it happen yes.  But, it is not something that you get credit for.

unfortuneatly newjack your wrong about me knowing a thing or two about addiction.  I have a very close family member who has dealt with this disease and it IS part of the process... Its different for everybody but i think you could ask any expert and they would tell you relapse IS part of the process for most.  I didnt say he gets credit for a relapse he gets credit for staying clean and working thru the process for more than a year...
burton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »

[/quote} You are correct.
Recovery is not a trip to rehab out and done for most addicts.
The majority of addicts do relapse.
Those are the facts.
So in terms of recovery, one can say it is part of the process, complete recovery being achieved in the end.
Good luck to this young man.
jdizigg

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 01:19:50 PM »

Those are the facts.
So in terms of recovery, one can say it is part of the process, complete recovery being achieved in the end.

Thanks Burtrand  thumbs up
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 01:20:19 PM »

Thanks for you input Admiral Burd. thumbs up
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 01:56:04 PM »

Those are the facts.
one day at a time "complete recovery being achieved in the end"  there is no end there is just today,
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 02:00:10 PM »

Since I cant say much more.

Brandon is a good guy.
He comes from a good family.
Everyone has issues. If I was held responsible for everything I did when I was 21 Id be ashamed.

He has alot of talent.
Talent that god gives you that you cant get from anywhere else.

I wish him the best of luck.
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »

Since I cant say much more.

Brandon is a good guy.
He comes from a good family.
Everyone has issues. If I was held responsible for everything I did when I was 21 Id be ashamed.

He has alot of talent.
Talent that god gives you that you cant get from anywhere else.

I wish him the best of luck.

We all wish him luck. he does not deserve another chance until he follows the rules though. He should get away from racing for awhile and go to a rehab facility for a bit and clear his head and get away from the bad influences.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 02:06:33 PM »

We all wish him luck. he does not deserve another chance until he follows the rules though. He should get away from racing for awhile and go to a rehab facility for a bit and clear his head and get away from the bad influences.

He has done all that.
In Florida.

If there is a relapse (in the last 2 months) I am unaware.

He was also involved in a horrible accident. Which I do think people should consider.
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 02:13:47 PM »

So were Steve Warrington and others and they didn't resort to cocaine. be a leader not a follower.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »

He served 3 years of the 5 he was handed down.......Pretty hash suspension for a personal issue and not race fixing related.......There were serious violations that were never made public which is why he got such a long suspension......I wish him the best also.......When you are a kid you do dumb shit it goes with the territory

SHOWTIME!!!
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 10:42:12 AM »

He served 3 years of the 5 he was handed down.......Pretty hash suspension for a personal issue and not race fixing related.......There were serious violations that were never made public which is why he got such a long suspension......I wish him the best also.......When you are a kid you do dumb shit it goes with the territory

How do say he is a kid yet old enough to vote and drink and drive?
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 02:26:12 PM »

The race commish doesn't have to issue a license, he's just eligible to apply. Like Brewer Adams was eligible to apply but do you really want to be turned down ? Goes on your record when applying to other tracks. I would wait for PA , they license anyone.

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: