Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 16, 2014, 02:32:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TVG Coverage  (Read 1064 times)
dinkadoo

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »

I will have to say that paying attention more to TVG since Cal Expo opened, coverage of harness racing is pretty decent.

Meds === gets as much live coverage as Los Al racing will allow. Darrin the race secretary is interviewed before many of the races with his thoughts.... good angles

Cal Expo === although alot of races are on tape delay,,,,, getting to see the race is pretty good and the fact that they have good mandatory payouts certainly has helped their handle.

Woodbine ---- EXCELLENT --- track announcer Mike, is a phenomenal handicapper. On weeknights he is on nearly before every race, and if you are a casual Woodbine follower, he points out things you cannot see on the program. I made good money just playing his picks. Thursday night, gave out first 4 race winners including 2 stone cold exactas.... Not monster payouts but he doesn't have your money spread a hundred ways.

GINO --- commentator --- more a t-bred guy, but you can tell he likes chatting with the harness fans that email him and facebook him. He gets alot of thoughts from the fans on the air and does a good job of interviewing the horsemen..

Wish there was more coverage --- but fromt he inception of TVG with good coverage to nearly NO coverage to pretty good and getting better coverage --- its okay in my book  beer
Report to moderator   Logged
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 01:53:43 PM »

The canucks got me last night. What is an 8-1 over a 45-1 exactor supposed to pay anyway?

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »

The canucks got me last night. What is an 8-1 over a 45-1 exactor supposed to pay anyway?

hmm thinking you didn't get the $400+ payoff you deserved !
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 02:02:10 PM »

220 All I could do is laugh. This is the life we've chosen. Cheesy

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »

220 All I could do is laugh. This is the life we've chosen. Cheesy

booo

Last night at Meds, had a 14-1 over the 3-1 ( morning line Fav ) and got $205
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 01:10:05 AM »

FIRST OF ALL DARIN ISNT THE RACE SEC TRATARY AND THE MEDS,,,,,,AND 2ND MIKE ISNT THE TRACK ANNNOUNCER AT WOODBINE,,,ITS BEEN KEN MIDDLETON FOR ALMOST A DECADE NOW
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 01:30:02 AM »

Dave Weaver may be the next Drew Carey.
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 01:32:17 AM »

Could not believe it.  I was thinking I'd get at least $600 for my .40 tri, but only got a little over $400.

fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »

Calexpo pik 4 paid over 1200 trips to the 2 dollar window!
Or over2400 trips to the exotic windows.

I luv the tvg coverage of harness racing.
Sometimes u don't get to see the last couple of races at Cali because they go off air.
But the harness coverage has been a real step in the positive direction for us harness fans.

Geez I'm so glad tvg has some what chit canned Australia racing !
That craps a joke!

But Gino is okay but can u imagine if the had handicappers anal lien the harness for meadowlands wood binders and cal-Mexico  how good that would've?

Taken nothing away from Gino  he gets fans involved and takes a lot of heat and handles it well!

But I just can't see why they don't try to venture into to that but maybe they are?

When I watch the live feed it's nice but doesnt have the bite like watching les and eds picks no offense but I just think with more promotion. With televised anal lizers the chit would be much better!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 08:31:22 PM »

GINO KNOWS SQUAT ABOUT HARNESS
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »

Tod shcruppee don't chit about tbreds either!
But now when it comes to eye brow waxen he be famous!

Gino at least is effort is sure their and he admits he is learnig!
I've watch les do a good job pink harness and weaver .

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 11:06:10 PM »

What's i laugh about with TVG is when they show their "on air personalities" picks, they put that goofy screen up of the person bobbing their head over and over....or doing some other weird twitching...Les Onaka looks like a puppet with a suit that looks three sizes too small.
That is just a totally goofy channel. They just don't get it...we are bettors...show us the races and quit the comedy routines and other idiotic things they do.
In the daytime in NY they have the OTB channel, which shows races and is totally silent much of the time....that's what we need...silence...
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 11:47:52 PM »

OR PEOPLE WITH MORE KNOWLEDGE
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 11:52:21 PM »

What's i laugh about with TVG is when they show their "on air personalities" picks, they put that goofy screen up of the person bobbing their head over and over....or doing some other weird twitching...Les Onaka looks like a puppet with a suit that looks three sizes too small.
That is just a totally goofy channel. They just don't get it...we are bettors...show us the races and quit the comedy routines and other idiotic things they do.
In the daytime in NY they have the OTB channel, which shows races and is totally silent much of the time....that's what we need...silence...
What's the rebate program on tvg ??
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 11:35:57 AM »

He thinks he knows.  The guy has the biggest chip on his shoulder for someone who has done NOTHING in the business.  Yes he beat cancer but that doesn't mean he kbnows harness racing.  Total MTV trash show when he's on.
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 11:43:40 AM »

He thinks he knows.  The guy has the biggest chip on his shoulder for someone who has done NOTHING in the business.  Yes he beat cancer but that doesn't mean he kbnows harness racing.  Total MTV trash show when he's on.

My opinion following him for the last month is that he would be the first to say harness is not his strong game. He interviews plenty of harness track personnel on air and reads plenty of emails ..... I guess not for everyone but on week nights when things are slower he keeps things moving...

Last night, Dave Weaver's pick 4 ticket at Los Al went up in smoke, they show a shot of him in a coffin.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:10 AM »

My opinion following him for the last month is that he would be the first to say harness is not his strong game. He interviews plenty of harness track personnel on air and reads plenty of emails ..... I guess not for everyone but on week nights when things are slower he keeps things moving...

Last night, Dave Weaver's pick 4 ticket at Los Al went up in smoke, they show a shot of him in a coffin.

The shot of him in the coffin is funny.

Geno makes the same mistakes over and over.  He reads e-mails from people correcting him yet he just makes the same mistakes.

When he is on it's all twitter/facebook/who's hot/wrestling/my girlfriend is hotter than yours/I'm a genius self promotion.  The male equivalent of Michelle Yu, very little racing talk.
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 12:05:06 PM »

The shot of him in the coffin is funny.

Geno makes the same mistakes over and over.  He reads e-mails from people correcting him yet he just makes the same mistakes.

When he is on it's all twitter/facebook/who's hot/wrestling/my girlfriend is hotter than yours/I'm a genius self promotion.  The male equivalent of Michelle Yu, very little racing talk.
He is everywhere including the big push for signing up on his Twitter account. I guess it could be a good/bad thing.....
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 08:18:18 PM »

U know guys we can't have it all but I'm realt glad tvg has harness on.

But geez tvg has some of the goonyest looking fockers I've ever seen on television.

MR.DALRAE

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 08:28:59 PM »

BRING BACK GARY S AND ELLIE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: