Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 30, 2014, 02:58:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big M judges missed an easy call yesterday  (Read 1145 times)
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 04:49:26 PM »

I agree with the other posters who have complained about the 1/2 in/1/2 out, and the pulling to the outside and just sitting there disrupting the field. It has on several occasions caused the 2nd over horse to go 3 wide temporally. If drivers are getting fined for this behind the scenes, that's a good thing, and probably the only thing you can do. Imagine how any of us would feel to be taken down because our horse is disrupting the flow?
Report to moderator   Logged
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 04:55:35 PM »

The only questionable hole I saw given on last  Saturday night's card was in the 5th race, when Callahan let a hung-for-his-lungs 14-1 Varsity Hanover into the pocket past the 1/4.  But he immediately took his horse to the front and jogged; seems like a tactical move  -- and a good one-- in retrospect.
Any driver that gives a tuck, and does not immediately either 1/4 move or pull to the outside should be immediately fined. I agree, if drivers do what Callahan did, it's a great move because many times they regret not making that move when they sit in and get hopelessly boxed.
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »

The drivers are not happy as they are being treated like children called to the principals office and fined after every race.  Dube was fined 600 bucks the other night for letting a horse in....Mark McDonald was getting up with a 50-1 shot and was fined for using the whip inside the tote board.  Brian Sears won't come back because he got fined last year for letting a horse duck in front of him (the favorite) and followed that horse second over and won the race, he was fined after the race and told Gural he has a responsability to give the horse the best trip for the trainer and owner not the bettor....Dictator didn't like that
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GURAL .
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 05:15:12 PM »

The Illinois judges must have flew out to the Meadowlands to judge this race as well! bang head
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: