Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 08:02:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big M judges missed an easy call yesterday  (Read 1265 times)
jdizigg

« on: January 05, 2013, 12:18:15 PM »

Race 9 so i bet 20 wp on Magnum Kosmos at 11-1.  Im watching the race and i notice Corey Callahan on Ice Machine clips my horses tire driven by ron pierce.  It goes flat and comes off the rim.  No INQUIRY NO NOTHING  dunno.  They do an interview after the race with Corey Callahan no mention of anything.   doh  Come on  bang head bang head

Race Replay
http://66.209.93.91/racereplays/cust/harnessracing.php?r=20130104MZ9
Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »

Race 9 so i bet 20 wp on Magnum Kosmos at 11-1.  Im watching the race and i notice Corey Callahan on Ice Machine clips my horses tire driven by ron pierce.  It goes flat and comes off the rim.  No INQUIRY NO NOTHING  dunno.  They do an interview after the race with Corey Callahan no mention of anything.   doh  Come on  bang head bang head

Race Replay
http://66.209.93.91/racereplays/cust/harnessracing.php?r=20130104MZ9
I didn't notice that when watching.
You're absolutely right.
Makes me mad because I had Rose Run Hooligan.
Your horse had an easy 3rd quarter and he may have had enough to hang on.
Good eye.
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:50:30 PM »

very good eye
nevrtrustagreek

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 01:27:33 PM »

Bad judges everywhere. should be one set for all tracks. like Hockey. JMO.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 01:38:13 PM »

Antiquity and their terrible economy aside, why shouldn't one trust a Greek?  Huh
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 01:43:52 PM »

so the judges missed --- how about the good ole boy system where drivers don't want to hurt each others feelings and tell the teacher on them... Huh?

Way I see it, an easy violation, even if caught later -- why not fine the drivers invovled ? Or is the integrity of the all boy system more important than the integrity for the customer ?

JDZIGG === did you forward this to the MEDS judges, in the past they will get back with you......

While the racing has been decent at the Meds, things I have noticed.

* Drivers giving holes is WORSE than ever
* Drivers half in / half out is WORSE than ever
* Drivers driving in the two path down the backside, even the leader is blocking
* Now this case of a peaceful locker room is more important than the customer.

Gural, you talk the talk of making the changes on the oval --- Walk the Walk --- the product will get even better / more competitive and customers will be happy...... I have watched every race of the first four cards and starting to make a couple of bets.... By far more attention paid now than the entire summer.... TVG so far has done a respectable job on coverage, granted they have to cater to Los Alamitos which that is just how things are..... Cal Expo coverage has been good also.
nevrtrustagreek

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 01:47:34 PM »

idk. it was the name of an old horse I used to own.
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 01:51:40 PM »

Great post dinkadoo. PM me some winners will ya I've been involved with the canucks now for years and all this movement at the Meds makes me dizzy. Huh Seriously. The racing looks competitive to the point where it's impossible although the two 1-2 shots in the pic 5 tonight should make for a cheap ticket and maybe a short payoff.

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 01:54:08 PM »

Great post dinkadoo. PM me some winners will ya I've been involved with the canucks now for years and all this movement at the Meds makes me dizzy. Huh Seriously. The racing looks competitive to the point where it's impossible although the two 1-2 shots in the pic 5 tonight should make for a cheap ticket and maybe a short payoff.
Dinkadoo knows his stuff.  Named after that old war horse trotter.
dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 01:55:29 PM »

so the judges missed --- how about the good ole boy system where drivers don't want to hurt each others feelings and tell the teacher on them... Huh?

Way I see it, an easy violation, even if caught later -- why not fine the drivers invovled ? Or is the integrity of the all boy system more important than the integrity for the customer ?

JDZIGG === did you forward this to the MEDS judges, in the past they will get back with you......

While the racing has been decent at the Meds, things I have noticed.

* Drivers giving holes is WORSE than ever
* Drivers half in / half out is WORSE than ever
* Drivers driving in the two path down the backside, even the leader is blocking
* Now this case of a peaceful locker room is more important than the customer.

Gural, you talk the talk of making the changes on the oval --- Walk the Walk --- the product will get even better / more competitive and customers will be happy...... I have watched every race of the first four cards and starting to make a couple of bets.... By far more attention paid now than the entire summer.... TVG so far has done a respectable job on coverage, granted they have to cater to Los Alamitos which that is just how things are..... Cal Expo coverage has been good also.

The drivers are not happy as they are being treated like children called to the principals office and fined after every race.  Dube was fined 600 bucks the other night for letting a horse in....Mark McDonald was getting up with a 50-1 shot and was fined for using the whip inside the tote board.  Brian Sears won't come back because he got fined last year for letting a horse duck in front of him (the favorite) and followed that horse second over and won the race, he was fined after the race and told Gural he has a responsability to give the horse the best trip for the trainer and owner not the bettor....Dictator didn't like that
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 01:56:40 PM »

Dinkadoo knows his stuff.  Named after that old war horse trotter.
An iron tough overnighter for sure. Rucker had him for a long while.

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »

If he was withing a couple of lenghts at the head of the stretch, he would grind them down !  dude
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »

The drivers are not happy as they are being treated like children called to the principals office and fined after every race.  Dube was fined 600 bucks the other night for letting a horse in....Mark McDonald was getting up with a 50-1 shot and was fined for using the whip inside the tote board.  Brian Sears won't come back because he got fined last year for letting a horse duck in front of him (the favorite) and followed that horse second over and won the race, he was fined after the race and told Gural he has a responsability to give the horse the best trip for the trainer and owner not the bettor....Dictator didn't like that
are these fines available to review Huh
jdizigg

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »

Yannick needs to be fined for pulling out and stacking up drivers behind him and sitting outside in the 2path and DIDNT ADVANCE for 10 FULL SECONDS.  He won the race with hotlist..
dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 02:03:50 PM »

are these fines available to review Huh

Good question, I'm not sure but they came straight from the drivers mouths
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 02:04:12 PM »

The only questionable hole I saw given on last  Saturday night's card was in the 5th race, when Callahan let a hung-for-his-lungs 14-1 Varsity Hanover into the pocket past the 1/4.  But he immediately took his horse to the front and jogged; seems like a tactical move  -- and a good one-- in retrospect.
dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 02:05:53 PM »

Having horses parked all day on the outside doesn't create speed duels up front, it clogs the outer rim and makes horses stacked up 4th and 5th over and be 15 lengths off.
Oh Canada

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 02:17:50 PM »

I got screwed to on a good Hooligan wager bad no call..Ice Machine sure grabbed on as the leader weakened...Cory was in trouble for a few seconds
jdizigg

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 02:23:36 PM »

I got screwed to on a good Hooligan wager bad no call..Ice Machine sure grabbed on as the leader weakened...Cory was in trouble for a few seconds

the leader weakened because Cory flattened his tire..
dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »

the leader weakened because Cory flattened his tire..
Agree that Corey probably interferred trying to squeeze through but Pierce was all done
Oh Canada

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 02:41:47 PM »

Agree that Corey probably interferred trying to squeeze through but Pierce was all done
I Concur Cheesy
jdizigg

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »

Most likely i agree with you... BUT we will never know... I know its pretty hard to trot with one wheel and rim....  Sad
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 02:52:09 PM »

He often seems a bit lost when he's stuck on the inside coming from behind.
Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 03:35:17 PM »

Yannick needs to be fined for pulling out and stacking up drivers behind him and sitting outside in the 2path and DIDNT ADVANCE for 10 FULL SECONDS.  He won the race with hotlist..

100% agree & I bet Hotlist...definately caused confusion by stacking them up waiting for cover
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 04:20:31 PM »

The drivers are not happy as they are being treated like children called to the principals office and fined after every race.  

Of course they're not happy, but left to their own devices they'd be another cog in the machine that is destroying the sport. Of course, they're going to fight tooth and nail as Gural attempts to save it.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: