Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 12:38:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meadowlands Saturday 1/5/13  (Read 1317 times)
burton

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:33:55 AM »

A real competitive card with some open races with value.
Who do you like out there?

Race 2 - going with Defying Gravity who will get the speed and position jump on Holdinallthecards and Cee Pee Panic, the main competition. Has raced well at Yonkers but also has mile track epxerience as well. Should be there for D. Miller . 2W7/1/10

Race 3 - Pick Four (4/5-1/7/9-1/2/5/7-1/3/5)

Race 4 - not much of a price but Oyster Bay looks solid from the rail with Callahan who has driven pretty well so far. This horse has raced better and this is his first inside post for his new barn (4th start). Should be able to have position throughout with his speed. 1W3/9/7

Race 5 - a nice longshot is Hemer's Card Shark. Fits this class and has raced well every time he's had a decent driver. Gets one tonight against a questionable field. 7W1/2/5

Race 7 - looks to be a two horse race with Musselsfrmbrussels and Silver Eagle. The former is in his thrid start for Allard and had no shot from th 9 hole last week against the Coleman claimed Electrofire who races tougher tonight. Silver Eagle was a game 2nd in the same race.
I think both horses will go to the top and it maybe them at the wire.
If price allows, box them and play on top of 5/6/2.
Pick Four (7/8-3/5/10-3/8/10-2/9/11)

Race 11 is my horse of the night in the 20-1 morning line Dalhousie Dave. Can that morning line be wrong?
This horse has an incredible brush and raced much much better last year in Toronto. He is in his fourth start back from a short layoff, his second race on lasix and gets Tetrick to boot. If he is anywhere close at the 3/4 he wins. 5W2/3/1
Late Double (5-6)

Race 12 - not much of a field here but Bolero Andrew looks very sharp in comparison to the rest. Gets D. Miller and has raced well here. He's not the guttsiest animal but if we can get 2-1 or better I think he's worth it. 6W4/10/1

Good Luck to all!
Report to moderator   Logged
Oh Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 08:36:46 AM »

I have to say this Burton, you will never be accused of not doing the work medal your a cappin champ trophy
burton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 08:44:56 AM »

I have to say this Burton, you will never be accused of not doing the work medal your a cappin champ trophy
Thanks!
Need some good results tonight.
Enjoying handicapping the new classes.
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »

toughest thing so far is the horses I am watching to bet back are not getting in. I had 7 from last friday, 3 got back in ( posted on Fri Meds Thread ) and one is racing at Dover on Monday.

I had 8 horses for Saturday, and only 4 got back in. Makes those horse that did not get back in then racing off a 2 week layoff.

But enough of that:

Race 4   Pembroke Alec Bush, one of those everyone clogged the outerflow, and it wasn't a moving outerflow. was caught in the back and closed ground last week in about the 6 path.

Race 7   Silver Eagle was an easily 2nd best to a very good Electro Fire

Race 9   Take Me With You floated off gate and was parked mile with bad outerflow, down the stretch continued to make up ground without being asked much....
             Dutch Richman, had to tip 3 wide early to get around a breaking Ron Pierce and then got shut off in the lane looking for room.

Race 11  Electro Fire, easy easy winner last week. Moves up in class

Good Luck Gang, have to coach 3 basketball games, plus the Bengals this afternoon busy day and still have not looked at a program....

Keep the picks coming as I will be using some of Burtons thoughts along with my likes and putting something together.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:11:43 AM by dinkadoo » Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 09:10:58 AM »

toughest thing so far is the horses I am watching to bet back are not getting in. I had 7 from last friday, 3 got back in ( posted on Fri Meds Thread ) and one is racing at Dover on Monday.

I had 8 horses for Saturday, and only 4 got back in. Makes those horse that did not get back in then racing off a 2 week layoff.

But enough of that:

Race 7   Silver Eagle was an easily 2nd best to a very good Electro Fire

Race 9   Take Me With You floated off gate and was parked mile with bad outerflow, down the stretch continued to make up ground without being asked much....
             Dutch Richman, had to tip 3 wide early to get around a breaking Ron Pierce and then got shut off in the lane looking for room.

Race 11  Electro Fire, easy easy winner last week. Moves up in class

Good Luck Gang, have to coach 3 basketball games, plus the Bengals this afternoon busy day and still have not looked at a program....

Keep the picks coming as I will be using some of Burtons thoughts along with my likes and putting something together.
Good luck with the games and the betting.
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 09:16:03 AM »

Good luck tonight guys. The swamp is a total crap shoot with great payoffs all you need is one. Great thread by the way much better than what baseball cap the paperboy wore today or which is more bestes undywer calvin KLINE OR HAYNES

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 03:05:24 PM »

5th-- Grams Legacy was in a different time zone at the 3/4's last week after being about 5 wide on the first turn, a lunatic but a talented one.  Pontiac Luck gapped from 19th-over on a speedish night at Yonkers, can sit in 3rd by 12 lengths here while the fireball blows out crazy fractions. Village Beat had dreadful cover last week.

7th-- Tough old Noble Falcon did not evince any great innarest in the proceedings last week. Musselsfrombrussels was all over the track last week but seems to have positional problems here. Line Officer was visually unbelievable last week, had to snatch up across the field in the deep stretch and still roared home.

8th -- Ethan Hanover was used and used and used last week.

9th-- Mighty Young Joe added Lasix and paced the fastest final quarter on the card last week. 

11th-- Electrofire was giant first time out for Casie Coleman.  River Shark was actually wide at the half last week and had tons, but will probably be coming from way out of it.  Escape The News is a MOTO Burke horse.

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 04:22:17 PM »

I don't have a strong opinion other than Three New Dawns in the 4th tonight. Pierce was loaded with pace and nowhere to go
jdizigg

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 04:49:22 PM »

Race 2 - going with Defying Gravity who will get the speed and position jump on Holdinallthecards and Cee Pee Panic, the main competition. Has raced well at Yonkers but also has mile track epxerience as well. Should be there for D. Miller . 2W7/1/10

Race 2 you can single HOLDINGALLTHECARDS they wont touch him....  trotter
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 05:30:33 PM »

Always respect your opinion JD
but going with INTERVENTION to light up the tote at 20-1
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 05:46:54 PM »

Race 2 you can single HOLDINGALLTHECARDS they wont touch him....  trotter

Would not be surprised to see 100,000+ to show on this horse.
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 06:03:34 PM »

8-7 DD is $5.60 currently.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »

Chokin' on the chalk dust.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 08:57:04 PM »

Many so-called handicapping experts say time only matter in prison.  I guess that's why Espirit De Kayjay A paid $9 instead of the $3 he should have paid since he paced three seconds faster than most of the field last Saturday.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 09:10:19 PM »

I still can't believe that Firstbellathenkk went off over 1-5 in the 4th race today at Aqueduct.  Many so-called handicapping experts ignored the fact that the horse was an absolute lock.  Wink
burton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 07:42:35 AM »

Race 3 - Pick Four (4/5-1/7/9-1/2/5/7-1/3/5)

Race 4 - not much of a price but Oyster Bay looks solid from the rail with Callahan who has driven pretty well so far. This horse has raced better and this is his first inside post for his new barn (4th start). Should be able to have position throughout with his speed. 1W3/9/7

Race 5 - a nice longshot is Hemer's Card Shark. Fits this class and has raced well every time he's had a decent driver. Gets one tonight against a questionable field. 7W1/2/5

Race 7 - looks to be a two horse race with Musselsfrmbrussels and Silver Eagle. The former is in his thrid start for Allard and had no shot from th 9 hole last week against the Coleman claimed Electrofire who races tougher tonight. Silver Eagle was a game 2nd in the same race.
I think both horses will go to the top and it maybe them at the wire.
If price allows, box them and play on top of 5/6/2.
Pick Four (7/8-3/5/10-3/8/10-2/9/11)

Race 11 is my horse of the night in the 20-1 morning line Dalhousie Dave. Can that morning line be wrong?
This horse has an incredible brush and raced much much better last year in Toronto. He is in his fourth start back from a short layoff, his second race on lasix and gets Tetrick to boot. If he is anywhere close at the 3/4 he wins. 5W2/3/1
Late Double (5-6)

Race 12 - not much of a field here but Bolero Andrew looks very sharp in comparison to the rest. Gets D. Miller and has raced well here. He's not the guttsiest animal but if we can get 2-1 or better I think he's worth it. 6W4/10/1

Good Luck to all!
3 winners but all short prices.
Got close with Dfying Gravity at 5-1 but the 1-5 fave was too much.
My price shots didn't show up especially Dalhousie Dave.

All in all the racing was good.
Looking forward to next weekend already.
A slow start but its a long meet.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »

Well, ya beat my non-arse.

The RidC shipper from post 27 with Anonymous McNobody was a bit MUCH.  Cheesy
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 04:56:31 PM »

Meanwhile:

speed
pocket
speed
speed
pocket
speed
speed
2nd-over
legitimate 3rd-over shoulder-shrugger
pocket
speed
speed

Boy, thank god for those (wait for it...) banked turnsCheesy

burton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 05:07:33 PM »

Lots of front end wins and favorites winning last night.
Let's burn the place down.

Or better yet, let's have a regular riot like they had at Yonkers or Roosevelt when the racing and drivers (Herve) were the most honest and the judges were the best.

Of course it would be hard to have a riot at the track when there's 10 people in attendance.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »

Why in god's name did that post offend you?
burton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 05:15:10 PM »

Why in god's name did that post offend you?
No offense taken but it seems like a 24 hours news cycle on the forums since the Meadowlands opened last week.
The racing has been much much better in two weeks.
That's it just two weeks.
Hope it continues.
So far Joe Public loves it.
The handles have been fantastic.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 05:28:53 PM »

In short, cheerleading good, actual analysis BAD?  Huh
burton

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 05:48:49 PM »

In short, cheerleading good, actual analysis BAD?  Huh
not at all.
Any track in the world at any time can have 7 front runers win at short prices, in any era for that matter.
I didn't like it eithre.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 05:52:53 PM »

I mean, putting everything else aside, it's useful info for the bettor.  That goof Pierce actually said to Bob Heyden last night that the track plays for speed now... possibly the most coherent sentence the guy ever put together.  I ain't makin' this shit up.

Parenthetically, who's defended Gural more fervently around here in the last year or so than I have? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: